Contest March 2023 CaC: Synergy: Stage 2 (All Results Up!)

2N8TCff.png

The card I chose to build around was Luxray BRS.

I named this card in the same spirit of the Special Delivery or Pokemon on the Ball cards, which has artwork of Pokemon doing cool things, and attacks that reference those cool things.

This Mimikyu's cool thing is sewing. You can see it's been busy sewing different patches into its cloak. How awesome and worthy of 50 points!

Luxray is bad mostly because its damage output relies on the opponent's attachments, and it gets considerably weaker after a kill. Seamstress Mimikyu helps solve that problem by forcing your opponent to add two Energy cards to their Active. At worst, this increases Luxray's damage output by 100, making it much easier for it to get a KO; at best, you can pull up double Energy cards like Rapid Strike Energy or Double Turbo Energy for even more value. As a Pokemon without a Rule Box, this power can be recycled multiple times per turn with Scoop Up Net (or can be used by dropping more), allowing you to more consistently do damage to your opponent. As a minor bonus, Seamstress Mimikyu also gives you a Bench sitter to dump Flash Impact's damage onto - it can conveniently take 3 hits thanks to its 70 HP. This way you don't have to put it on Shinx or Manaphy or Crobat V or whatever other support dudes you have.

Seamstress Mimikyu needs its own attack, of course. While you don't want to start with this thing, the truth is that sometimes you will, so instead of a generic Call for Family attack, or a damaging attack that will never actually kill anything and wouldn't be very meaningful, I decided to go with a deck rearranging attack, with a tiny twist to make it unique. The attack is generic enough that all decks can get use out of it. Being able to rearrange the other cards on top helps other decks in general but Luxray decks in specific since if you find the Top Entry Luxio in those 5 cards, you can put it on top and prepare it for entry on your following turn. It's a small boost in consistency, but it's still a very welcome one as getting Stage 2s out has always been annoying. Additionally, as a Stage 2 deck that inevitably will be running Rare Candy, being able to pull it from your deck if you find it in those top 5 cards is pretty handy.

Following the sewing theme, embellishing in sewing is the act of adding things to fabric to increase its value, but not actually improving its function. I think that's a rather fitting name for the act of dumping excess Energy onto your opponent's Pokemon solely for your own benefit. The attack name is meant to evoke the image of looking through a pile of threads for the right color and saving the rest for later, in the same way you might take a different card from your top 5 depending on the situation.

HP and bottom stats are standard. Despite the fun naming and attack themes, the flavor text is unfortunately left unchanged from normal cards, so I left that alone as well. Messing with the foil was Omega's idea. I like it a lot better than the actual SWSH foil effect, it seems much more balanced this way. Lastly, I increased the width of the attack and Ability names using Tapu Lele CRZ as a reference (I originally had borrowed its attack for this card). It looks much better now.

Actually lastly, and I don't know how I avoided this specifically until I went to get references for this attack, but Embellish's effect is almost identical to that of Orbeetle LOR's Jamming Attachment Ability. While you can only get 2 compared to Orbeetle's 3 Energy, and while Orbeetle lets you spread the Energy around, I honestly don't see a reason why this Ability couldn't be on a Basic. Hell, this card existing could also make Orbeetle better too. Guess I'm glad I switched the attack up because having a similar Ability already kinda rubs me the wrong way. There were big problems with all three of the cards I got, and the artwork kind of inspired me, making me think of Mimikyu forcefully stitching Energy to the opponent's Pokemon for no reason other than the fact that it wanted to make it look pretty. :>

References:

Embellish: Togepi ASR, Orbeetle LOR
Thread Selecting: Colress's Experiment, Hatterene V CRZ

Only a couple days left. We've got our top (read as: only) 3 entries in text.. will anyone else post to challenge their claim to the podium?

Only a couple days left. We've got our top (read as: only) 3 entries in text.. will anyone else post to challenge their claim to the podium?
Don't worry, PMJ, I'll be submitting my entry soon. I'm just trying to figure out which of two routes to take while wording a certain effect. It's not a particularly exotic effect, but it's being used in an unusual way, and I'm struggling to find references that tell me what the structure would be, even if I'm finding plenty of references for individual wording or for slightly longer phrases. I might need to appeal to out-of-era references for the rough skeleton, or I might just need to take a risk and choose whichever option feels more intuitive.

entry will come in the next few days when i'm available to make it all pretty and do a final pass! image will come... eventually...

All right guys, I done goofed. I forgot to send @Buddy2707 his Pokemon for the round, and it's only now coming to my attention. Since that mistake is partially my bad, and we have an entire month before the scores will be posted, Jibjab and I have agreed that an extension for Buddy2707's text entry is within reason. So, for that specific entry only, I will accept a submission any time between now and Friday, April 14, 2023, 11:59 PM Central (not filthy Eastern).

As for the rest of you... get to it, month's almost over. :-D

Glalie ??110 HP(W)
STAGE 1
Evolves from Snorunt
When Pokémon-ex has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Poké-Body: Seething Hoarfrost
As long as Glalie ex is in play, each of your opponent’s Pokémon that has 4, 8, 12, 16, or 20 damage counters on it can’t use any Poké-Powers or Poké-Bodies other than Seething Hoarfrost. Remove 1 damage counter from each Active Pokémon (both yours and your opponent’s) between turns.
(W)(W) Permafrost Breath
Put up to 4 damage counters on the Defending Pokémon. You may discard 2 (W) Energy attached to Glalie ex. If you do, move up to 4 damage counters from 1 of your Pokémon to the Defending Pokémon instead.
(W)(W)(C)(C) Whiteout
Put 1 damage counter for each Pokémon in play that has any damage counters on it on any Pokémon (both yours and your opponent’s) in any way you like.
weakness:(M)
resistance:

retreat cost:(C)
Hope 21 references isn't overkill or that PMJ's computer didn't just crash opening this spoiler.
Using Omnium would give you good practice avoiding computer crashes from large data.

Seething Hoarfrost:
Milotic ex EM “As long as Glalie ex is in play,”
Weezing DS “each of your opponent’s Pokémon that has”
Either Mr. Mime ex from FL “4, 8, 12, 16, or 20” (a very rough reference, but I can’t find any other references for a sequence of numbers)
Medicham ex EM “can’t use any Poké-Powers”
Aggron ex CG “your opponent’s… Pokémon… can’t… use any Poké-Powers or Poké-Bodies.” (Justifies being able to turn off Poké-Bodies with a Poké-Body when Medicham ex can only turn off Poké-Powers.)
Muk ex “other than Seething Hoarfrost.”

Permafrost Breath:
Meganium UF “put up to 5 damage counters on”
Mew ex HP “you may discard 2 Energy attached to Glalie ex”
Arcanine ex “discard 2 (W) Energy attached to Glalie ex”
Ho-Oh ex UF “move up to”
Absol ex PK “move… 4 damage counters from 1 of your”
Mawile CG “1 of your… Pokémon instead” (let’s be honest, it’s a closer reference for “instead” than Seviper PK)
Shedinja DX: “If… 4 damage counters… instead.”

Whiteout (second option):
Jolteon Star PK “Put 1 damage counter”
Shedninja DR “damage counter for each”
Rocket’s Meowth TRR “for each Pokémon in play”
Holon Legacy DF “each Pokémon in play that has”
Absol ex PK “Pokémon that has any damage counters on it”
Mt. Moon FL “any Pokémon (both yours and your opponent’s)” (this reference is unaffected by the errata, which concerns affected Pokémon’s HP only)
Espeon Star POP5 “both yours and your opponent’s” (italicized, unlike the older Mt. Moon)
Dragonite ex DF “in any way you like.”
I have extensive research notes I need to sift through and prioritize. I'll condense them as much as I can without losing anything important. I should have them posted in a second reply before 11 P.M. CST. Hope those notes will help, and hope you and the other members of the Pokémon TCG Fakers Community are doing well.

Oh. I forgot to embolden "Knocked Out" and "2 Prize cards" and turn the "(W)" in Permafrost Breath bold blue when I was formatting the post. I won't lose points for as minor an error as that? I had all the font changes planned out in a Google Document, but I had to re-add them manually when I pasted the text into the reply, and I must have forgotten about those changes.

My Entries!
ZoroarkVmaxFinalDraft.png
1680291074967.png
So with me choosing Grimmsnarl, I needed to find a way to get this ability/attack in play. So I went with a Pokemon known for transforming into another: Zoroark!
Zoroark VMAX is designed to get High-Evolution Dark Pokemon into play, like Grimmsnarl. You take it from your discard pile, and 'attach' it to Zoroark to show your opponent the ability, and then Zoroark gets that ability. The only catch is that you take it out of your discard pile, and you are unable to attack with it using Zoroark's Suprise Shadow- which is also useful for using attacks locked onto hard-to-play Dark Type Pokemon, such as Crobat SIT, Tyrannitar PGO, or even using Grimmsnarl, whose attack also synergizes with its own ability!

This card went through many iterations: First, I was originally planning on making Zoroark VSTAR, and have its VSTAR Power be an ability similar to Zoroark VMAX, but it for all Zoroark VSTAR in play, but I liked the high-risk, high-reward of a VMAX, so I ended up picking that route instead. Also, my first draft had its attack as a second ability, similar to Ditto from Pokemon Go, but since nowadays Pokemon do not have 2 abilities, that had to be changed. Its ability was designed first to only have Dark Pokemon without a Rule Box, but I decided to change that- there aren't many groundbreaking Rule-Box Dark Type Pokemon anyways except for Eternetus VMAX, but that wouldn't have really changed. Speaking of Eternetus VMAX, I really wanted to make Zoroark a [C] type- I felt a format with this and Eternetus would have been too powerful, but I didn't really have a choice. I could have made it Hisuian Forme, but that version doesn't really have the same theme of transformations and since its not a Dark Type Pokemon, its synergy with Dark Type abilities and Grimmsnarl in general just wouldn't really work out. The final change I had to make was that Zoroark's Surprise Shadow attack originally worked with all Dark Type, Non-Rule Box Pokemon, but then I was reminded of Amazing Yevaltal, so I had to lock it to Evolution attacks only!
- Ditto PGO
- Lugia VSTAR SIT
- Regidrago VSTAR SIT
- Drizzile SSH
- Forest Seal Stone SIT
- Path to the Peak CHR

Basic - Radiant Trubbish - 90 [D]
1680292355103.png
Radiant Pokémon Rule
You can't have more than one Radiant Pokémon in your deck.

Ability: Collection Sharing
While this Pokémon is on your bench, treat any Tool card attached to this Pokémon as if it were attached to both Active Pokémon.

[C] Garbage Collector
Put up to 2 Item cards from your discard pile into your hand.

W - [F] | R - | Retreat - [C]

It is said Trubbish were born when a chemical reaction occurred between an abandoned trash bag and industrial waste.
1680292678157.png
I was soo happy when I got Jumpluff as my choice- Jumpluff was my first real deck that I built- and I had so much fun playing it. With Jumpluff, I always kept remember telling myself "If only I could have another tool attached!" so when I got this card as one of my choices, I already knew exactly what I was going to pair with it.

Since my main post that contains my entries accidently was published before I finished up the notes, I have this post to fix it. This one includes none of my entries, just my thoughts on my Text Entry - Radiant Trubbish.
I was soo happy when I got Jumpluff as my choice- Jumpluff was my first real deck that I built- and I had so much fun playing it. With Jumpluff, I always kept remember telling myself "If only I could have another tool attached!" so when I got this card as one of my choices, I already knew exactly what I was going to pair with it.

When I created Radiant Trubbish, I wanted to make something that could benefit a lot of decks, but since its ability is a very powerful one- especially when it comes to tools like Choice Belt or Air Balloon, I need it to make it balanced, so I fixed it up to be that if you want the tool to benefit your Pokemon, it has to benefit the your opponents.... in most cases :)

With a Tool like Rapid Strike Scroll of Swirls or Scroll of Skies, you can only benefit your Pokemon- since your opponent's Pokemon can't make use of that tool unless they are using a Rapid Strike Deck AND have the necessary energy to attack! Furthermore, you can use the extra tool slot with Jumpluff to your advantage- since you get to attack twice, tools like Choice Belt double their effect, which adds 60 damage to your attack like Spinning attack or Gravdrop (Scroll of Skies). Or if you want to mess up your opponent's Genesect Vs, you can use Matchless Maelstrom- which deals 30 damage to all of your opponents Pokémon. With Telescopic Sight VIV, you can add 30 damage, and with Passimian CHR's Throwing Coach ability, it increases it to another 30! Since Fluffy Barrage doubles that, you end up dealing 180 damage to EACH of your opponent's benched Vs- KOing Crobats, Lumineons, and setting Genesects up for either a Zigzagoon, Hawlucha or Yoga Loop. The benefits of having a 2nd tool attached to Jumpluff is astounding! I am super happy I had the opportunity to strengthen one of my favorite cards of all time!
- Radiant Sneasler LOR
- Darkrai VSTAR ASR

Well then, here are my notes, and, surprisingly, they almost fit on a single page in Google Docs!
Surprisingly, as much effort as I put into researching this card, the idea for focusing on Walrein ?? came late in the month, and the idea of turning Walrein ?? into a Medicham ??-type deck via extension (similar to how Ludicolo partners with Magcargo to turn it into a Pidgeot via extension) came completely out of the blue. In fact, I’m not sure I can credit the theme to any effort of my own. The pieces just seemed to fall together. Has anyone else ever had this feeling? The feeling that you’re “serving the work” (as Andrew Peterson aptly put it in his book Adorning the Dark) instead of the other way around? If so, I’d be interested in talking about it via direct message.

Fun fact: I plugged this text fake into RexisteelX’s new EX era card maker and compared the product to scans on pkmncards.com, and this card is within a line or two of the amount of text seen on many ??’s, such as Arcanine ?? and Espeon ??.

glalie (1).pngThe card is not actaually up-to-date. I will add an up-to-date one momentarily (or some time next year).
glalie (2).png

The main question concerning this card is “why should I play Walrein ??/Glalie ?? over the Medicham ?? that literally won worlds in 2006? It’s slower, takes more setup, and doesn’t even shut off Poké-Powers until you’ve placed a very specific increment of damage on those Pokémon!” Excellent points. What Medicham ?? lacks in comparison to this archetype, however, is bulk. 100 HP on a stage 1 ?? is decent, but it’s not what anyone can truly call “bulky.” The beauty of Seething Hoarfrost is that it combines with Icy Aura to keep your opponent’s Active Pokemon (barring the holo rare Ludicolo from Deoxys, most notably, but the other Ludicolo from Deoxys will be even more troublesome if you can't shut it off) in that 40x sweet spot while also healing your 160 HP stage 2 ??. Permafrost Breath also provides you with the possibility of shifting some damage from a benched Walrein to your opponent’s Active Pokemon… conveniently keeping them in the lock. Or you could simply use it for an easy 40 damage (or however much will keep the Pokémon’s Poké-Powers or Poké-Bodies from turning back on). Thirdly, Medicham doesn't actually turn off Poké-Bodies. Finally, Seething Hoarfrost doesn’t actually turn off your own Poké-Powers, opening you up to the possibility of running consistency cards (such as Delcatty, Magcargo, and Pidgeot) or supporting lines (like Altaria ?? δ or the non-holo Ludicolo from Deoxys). Speaking of support, you can run Glacia’s Stadium to cover both of Walrein’s (quite certainly relevant) weaknesses. This also works perfectly for thematic reasons, since the Glalie line is the only other line she uses in Ruby & Sapphire. (No joking, she literally uses a Walrein, two Glalie, and two Sealeo. Sealeo. Arguably a memeier team than Bruno’s)

The reason why Whiteout has to be worded the way it has been is so you can put damage counters on each of your Pokémon, in order to double the number of damage counters you can place on your opponent’s side of the field on each subsequent turn. This, of course, is only worthwhile if you can fire off at least three Whiteouts in total: otherwise, the previous route would be cheaper. The balancing is very crude, due to a lack of peers, but I think Dragonite ?? δ from Dragon Frontiers is a fair analogy, given it’s a stage 2 and takes significantly less board setup (albeit possessing a less powerful spread attack for the same high cost). More practically speaking, you can place 4 damage counters on one of your opponent’s Pokemon and 1 damage counter each on two of your own, in order to place 4 damage counters on two Pokémon the next turn. Or you can sow chaos throughout the mirror match. :) Ultimately, however, this attack isn’t meant to be the focus of the deck. It just works with the strategy fairly well, when you can find the time to attach that many spare energy cards.
Hope you all enjoyed this card! It was a pleasure to make. I've enjoyed participating in the text fake division of the CaC for two (read as: three) months now. I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate in May, but I look forward to next time, whenever that is!
By the way, @Buddy2707, it made me smile to see how enthusiastic you were about buffing your very first deck. :) Incidentally, Jumpluff is a decent card to build around in Gym Leader Challenge. It's the third deck down on the Grass type page of the official webpage, and there's even an article outlining the competitive history of the archetype that fondly refers to Jumpluff as a "wad in the wind." If you ever want to try Gym Leader Challenge, Jumpluff is a great deck to play!

Last edited:
Oh. I forgot to embolden "Knocked Out" and "2 Prize cards" and turn the "(W)" in Permafrost Breath bold blue when I was formatting the post. I won't lose points for as minor an error as that? I had all the font changes planned out in a Google Document, but I had to re-add them manually when I pasted the text into the reply, and I must have forgotten about those changes.
This ain't the Marathon. You are under no obligation to prettify your entry and the lack of additional colors or formatting will not affect your score in any way.

Porygon-Z – [C] – HP120
Stage 2 – Evolves from Porygon2

NO. 474 Virtual Pokémon HT: 2’11” WT: 75.0 lbs.

Poké-Power: Dynamic Converter
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon and a basic Energy card attached to Porygon-Z. That Pokémon is the same type as the basic Energy card you chose until the end of your opponent's next turn. This power can't be used if Porygon-Z is affected by a Special Condition.

[C] Data Desynthesizer
Does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon that are affected by any Poké-Powers or Poké-Bodies from your Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: Fighting (+30)
Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C]
Ninetales MT#32 "Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose 1 of your opponent’s Pokémon. Ninetales is the same type as that Pokémon (all if that Pokémon is more than 1 type) until the end of your turn. This power can’t be used if Ninetales is affected by a Special Condition."
Altaria PL#18 "...and was damaged or affected by Midnight Eyes..."
It was interesting to try and find an angle to help out Metagross SV to be more playable, and this is the solution I landed on. Dynamic Converter can change the type of 1 of your opponent's Pokémon to trigger Metagross's attack, and Data Desynthesizer benefits from Metagross's Poké-Body to form a dynamic attacking duo. I chose Porygon-Z specifically because there are 2 different Porygon2 in the Gen IV era that would make Metagross more consistent. Download Porygon2 needs no introduction, and would help the deck in all facets of the game. But the Mapping Porygon2 from TM also helps put Metagross's attack online, as you need your own Stadium in play for the additional effect to work.

The wording on Data Desynthesizer is new territory, as there aren't any effects that care about whether or not a Pokémon is affected by Poké-Powers or Poké-Bodies, so I used the closest thing I could find in Altaria PL and based it off of that.

KPCAC18_Galarian_Perrserker.png
Galarian Meowth RCL#126 "You must discard 2 cards from your hand in order to use this Ability."
Comfey LOR#079 "Once during your turn, if this Pokémon is in the Active Spot, you may..."
Tsareena V FST#021 "You may discard any number of your Benched Pokémon."
Ursaluna ASR#124 "Put up to 2 cards from your discard pile into your hand."
The 3 different Stage 2 Pokémon I received for this CaC were Galarian Obstagoon FST, Empoleon BRS, and Luxray CRZ, and while each of them were interesting in their own right, I had already designed a Pokémon VOID around Galarian Obstagoon, so that left me between Empoleon and Luxray, both of which have coming into play effects that mean they can be played on their own. Because you can control if Empoleon gets into play, and Luxray is just luck of the draw, I decided to go with Empoleon.

To start, I toyed with a couple of ideas with an Empoleon VOID (including one which which formed an infinite loop with Pidgeot V for infinite Bench damage), but I eventually landed on this guy. First of all, Galarian Perrserker is a great partner because it evolves from the RCL Galarian Meowth, which can discard cards from the hand to search out its evolution. This is great for landing Empoleon in the discard pile and emptying your hand, which is necessary to get it into play. Magnificent Plunder takes this up a notch by getting whatever card you need out of the deck while continuing to hand thin to get Empoleon into play.

Once Empoleon is in play, it doesn't have much in the way of damage output, so I decided to design around the fact that getting more than 1 Empoleon in play is rather easy with Galarian Perrserker. By discarding 2 Stage 2 Pokémon from your Bench, you get to reuse Empoleon's Ability, and can get key resources out of the discard pile. This allows for a more control oriented kind of gameplay, which I like, as it allows you to continually use the discard pile as a resource throughout the game.

Overall, I quite like what I've come up with, and I think the card turned out great.

whew, i got my entries in on time! this theme was really fun to work with, and i made my first card for the BW era this CaC!
starmie (4).png

Supports: Kingdra BUS
Unlike my text entry, Starmie isn't really meant to see any battle directly. Instead, it uses Paradigm Shift to continuously move damage to your opponent's bench after Kingdra uses Tornado Shot. This way, it can continuously use Brine, and the 30 moved plus the 90 from Brine means you can do a potential 120 to bench in the right conditions!
P.S.: Huge thanks to PMJ for finding new art for Starmie after I accidentally used art for Staryu ?
Vespiquen – G – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Combee

NO. 416 Beehive Pokémon HT: 3’11” WT: 84.9 lbs.

Ability: Sticky Nectar
When your opponent tries to use a Trainer card to remove a Special Condition from their Active Pokémon, they flip a coin. If tails, the Special Condition is not removed. You can't apply more than 1 Sticky Nectar Ability at at a time.

[G] Pollen Dance 40
Heal 30 damage from 1 of your Pokémon for each basic G Energy attached to that Pokémon.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat:
It houses its colony in cells in its body and releases various pheromones to make those grubs do its bidding.

Supports: Beedrill PLF
The intended strategy for this card is to switch between Beedrill and Vespiquen (both of which have 0 retreat cost!) Hitting first with Swift Strike will set up some quick statuses on the opponent, which Vespiquen will give some staying power to with Sticky Nectar. Pollen Dance also requires one G energy, so you can switch into Vespiquen and heal up Beedrill for another Swift Sting. Vespiquen also gives you more of a reason to attach Energy to Beedrill past the first, giving it a more consistent offense and more potential for healing to boot!

Last edited:
Hoopa– Type – HP70
Basic

NO. 720 Djinn Pokémon HT: 1’08” WT: 19.8 lbs.

Ability: Fractured Space
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a card from your hand. If you do, you may play this Pokémon from your hand as a Stadium card. While this card is in play as a Stadium card, evolved Pokémon in play (excluding Pokémon-EX) have [C] more Retreat Cost but their attacks cost [C] less.

[C] Space Leap 20
Shuffle this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your deck. If there is no Stadium card in play, put this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your hand.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: [C]
It gathers things it likes and passes them through its loop to teleport them to a secret place.

Ok I got in time. Anyway this card is supposed to synergize with Mamoswine BKT: https://pkmncards.com/card/mamoswine-breakthrough-bkt-82/. This was definitely harder to think of than my Image Entry because XY, compared to DpPt, it's an era where Stage 2's start to feel miserable to play (that was BW actually). I couldn't really think of a big direct synergy with Mamoswine, in fact I think I just exploited the clause of this CaC of where it should be a Pokémon card strictly, by making a Pokémon that doubles as a Stadium card.

The Ability is what you want this guy for and I guess that can help Mamoswine. Simply lowering the attack cost of evolved single prizers by [C] (the evolved clause was a last minute addition because I remembered things like Night March that could abuse this heavily) is quite big, by making it attack with 2 attachments of a Fighting and a DCE as opposed to 3 attachments, already making it considerably faster, all of this at the cost of an increased Retreat Cost, which is pointless for Mamoswine and may be pointless for the era as a whole because Float Stone lmao.
And since Hoopa doubles as a Stadium, that means Mamoswine can hit 120 with 2 attachments, which may be kinda low tbh, but it's definitely better than playing this Mamoswine raw.

And the attack of the Hoopa is just there to bail it out in case you start with it, nothing too complex.

Note: May CaC Delayed

Hello, everypony, I am sad to announce that the next CaC is going to be delayed until June. Jabs had some laptop issues late in the month that were only resolved, like, yesterday, I think? Combined with other IRL stuff he's got going on, the decision was made to push the next CaC until June so he could focus on taking care of his business rather than try to rush everything.

With that said, I've got piping hot text scores for you all, so don't fret your pretty little heads. Image scores will come as Jibblywuff gets them done. In the meantime, we'd be interested in hearing about any possible CaC themes you'd be interested in seeing (or revisiting - we do run repeat months sometimes). We had a good discussion about it in our Discord last night. You should join if you haven't already.

Text-Based Results

Some really cool entries this month! This month's theme was an easy chance for you to really get those creative juices flowing. As always, finding extra ways to make your entry fit the theme is a good way to score higher in the Creativity column.

Also, I want to point out, again, that high marks in Wording can save your score. Even if your idea isn't the greatest, a perfect or close to perfect Wording score can cement your place on the podium just because of how easy it is to earn full marks in Believability on top of it.

If you're not a member of our Discord, I suggest joining our community to get some help with wording or other ideas. I know I'm always happy to help fellow image-based fakers fix things and push their scores higher.

Relicanth HP90 [F]
Basic Pokémon

[Ability] Restoration
Once during your turn,you may search in your deck for a Stage 2 [F] Pokémon,reveal it,and put it onto your bench.If you have fewer Pokémon in play than your opponent,search in your deck for a [F] Energy and attach it to that Pokémon.Then,shuffle your deck. You can’t use more than 1 Restoration Ability each turn.

[C][C] Ancient Seal
During your next turn,your opponent's Pokémon-GX have 30 HP less.

Weakness:[G]X2 Resistance:None Retreat Cost:[C][C][C]

My Thoughts
Part of me is glad that you tried solving the problem of getting Tyrantrum into play by using Relicanth to cheat it out. It's a bigger problem than simply not being able to do enough damage or having an expensive attack.

I like the fact that it's a once per turn type of thing. I personally don't care about removing the Fossil from the equation altogether. I have mixed feelings about it letting you get "Stage 2 F Pokemon." I'm all for unintended consequences, but the fact that this allows you to get TEU Omastar out on turn one is highly troubling. It is cool that it allows you to get UNM Garchomp out and possibly powered up in one turn for huge comeback potential, and CEC Seismitoad can be used to help pull specific cards out of your deck, but the fact that you can also get Omastar makes me think you should have narrowed this down a little more. Maybe you could put a Pokemon that evolves from a Fossil from your hand onto your Bench? Getting Tyrunt out consistently also supports Tyrantrum. Gotta keep game balance in mind here.

As far as the attack goes, I'm not really a fan. Tag Teams don't care about losing 30 HP as far as Tyrantrum is concerned, as 160 damage isn't nearly enough to OHKO them. It does let you get the drop on Lele and the rare Oricorio-GX, but I still don't think I would use this attack. And that mega whopper of a Retreat Cost isn't doing it any favors, although with an Ability like that, it's probably worth the risk of starting with it.

Wording errors:
General
- Pokedex info missing [-1 point]
Restoration
- (before your attack) missing [-1 point]
- Always capitalize Bench [-1 point]
- extra "in" in the second sentence [-1 point]
- "search your deck for a F Energy card (Tropius CEC) [-1 point]
Ancient Seal
- "your opponent's Pokemon-GX get -30 HP." (Island Challenge Amulet CEC) [-1 point]

Creativity/Originality: 17/20
(Definitely helps Tyrantrum out. Bonus point for allowing it to support other Pokemon, but I think it needs a bit more tweaking.)
Wording: 9/15
(You should join our Discord, we are growing all the time and would love to help you sort through wording issues.)
Believability/Playability: 13/15
(The turn one Item lock potential brings this down. Otherwise, it's good.)
Total: 39/50
Banette HP: 80 [P]
353.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Shuppet

banette.png

NO.354 Marionette Pokémon HT: 3'7" WT: 27.6 lbs.
Ability: Abandonment Grudge
If this Pokémon is discarded from your hand by an effect of an attack or Ability from either player's Pokémon, your opponent reveals their hand. Choose a card you find there and discard it.

[P] Fearful Revival
During your opponent's turn, if this Pokémon would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, you may return this Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand, then discard a card from your hand.

Weakness: [D] x2
Resistance: [F] -30

Resentment at being cast off made it spring into being. Some say treating it well will satisfy it, and it will once more become a stuffed toy.

My Thoughts
I actually really like Hatterene RCL. If it were easier to get out, I don't doubt that it would see more play, or at least make Bibarel more popular. I would have been happy with any of the cards I gave you, but I like this card (Hatterene) quite a bit.

After thinking about it for a while, I've decided that Abandonment Grudge is okay. Amoonguss SIT has a pretty bonkers Ability on paper, but since there are only two cards I could possibly find that would even trigger Surprise Spores, and both of them suck the big one (one of them being, incidentally, Hatterene RCL), the Ability itself is F tier. Actual non-Supporter hand disruption basically doesn't exist anymore, probably by design since they keep banning all of it in Expanded.

Being able to trigger Abandonment Grudge on your own, though, is pretty good. Mind Hat is obvious, but setup mons like Kirlia SIT can also take advantage of it (and give you more cards to Mind Hat away).

Honestly, I think Mind Hat is good enough that it doesn't need too much tweaking. Being able to pick the card they discard is a great advantage to have, but considering that cards like Bibarel exist to replenish a hand and make cards like Roxanne useless, I think you would have been better served by figuring out how to make Hatterene do more damage. Off the top of my head, maybe an Ability that puts some damage counters on the opponent's Active once it (Banette) gets discarded from any source. This might need a limiter on it somehow, but anything to help Hatterene hit harder is welcome in my book.

Considering this card is worth more dead than alive, I think I would have liked to see a way to get this out of play without relying on your opponent needing to kill it. Remember that this is a Stage 1 and attacking with it necessarily means evolving Shuppet on purpose, and I would never want to do that with this card. Just net it out of play bro. I'll give you credit for trying to make the attack work with Hatterene (it does fuel Dripping Grudge if you discard Banette after the fact, after all), but I'm not a fan of this attack. Think about it, what exactly are you recovering? A single Energy and a Shuppet? Not really worth it, I think.

Wording errors:
Fearful Revival
- Missing the word "next" in the beginning [-1 point]
- Should be "return this Pokemon and all attached cards" [-1 point]

Creativity/Originality: 15/20
(Yep, it makes Hatterene better on paper, but even with Banette's help, I'm only mildly inspired to take it out of the binder.)
Wording: 13/15
(Not bad)
Believability/Playability: 12/15
(Abandonment Grudge is a good bonus for Mind Hat but, in my opinion, tries to fix what isn't broken (or, rather, what is less broken). Fearful Revival is a terrible attack and barely helps advance your game plan, especially since it requires you to die in order to take advantage of some really paltry recovery.)
Total: 40/50
Keldeo – [F] – HP 140
Basic
Z4QnnU-NjzN8j9Q-HxDsFGoaEOXSuFltJSXFAhLp1WHE5dLB4Im84whIl2WYxsCHmjxfBodsnNzArC2HdWc1o1GgNBCP44QlcVaCS6lbbBtFx_XnUJiHvT4aszdtlPV5_e1vcLRl87JfT8VauFMAFmM

NO. 647 Colt Pokémon HT: 4’07” WT: 106.9 lbs.

Ability: Enraged Spirit
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may attach a number of [F] Energy from your discard pile to one of your Pokémon equal to the number of cards discarded during your last turn by your Pokémon’s attacks or abilities.

[F][C] Valiant Aura 70
You may look at the top card of your deck. If it is a basic Energy card, discard it. Otherwise, put it into your hand.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: None
They say that Keldeo must survive harsh battles and fully develop the horn on its forehead before this Pokémon's true power will awaken.

My Thoughts
Pretty neat. Enraged Spirit can be used after things like Refinement and Make Do, so it can provide acceleration even in the early game. Being able to load up Tyranitar in a single turn out of nowhere and keep on taking fat KOs is pretty on-brand for a Pokemon like Tyranitar. I like that the way Keldeo helps is by accelerating your already-discarded Energy and not by trying to mitigate the self-mill effect of Mountain Swing - it helps Keldeo stand on its own as a helper in its own right, which is made more obvious by its synergy with Kirlia and friends. Limiting Enraged Spirit to cards discarded by attacks or Abilities is key, so good job there. I couldn't find anything which would be particularly troublesome with this card's existence, so great job there.

Valiant Aura really seems almost like an afterthought, with an effect that basically boils down to "draw a card." Enraged Spirit is already doing some heavy lifting, so the attack doesn't have to be anything spectacular, I don't think. It works with Enraged Spirit, at least.

Overall, yeah, I like this. Its usage outside of Tyranitar decks is limited since you accelerate Fighting Energy, but the fact that cards like Kirlia SIT exist means there's always a possibility for greater usage outside of this specific use case. Good fake.

Wording errors:
Enraged Spirit
- Always capitalize "Abilities" [-1 point]
Valiant Aura
- Because discarding the Energy is mandatory, you have to reveal the top card of your deck instead of keeping it private. You could also keep the discarding effect optional by saying you may discard it. Either way, you need one of those options here. [-1 point]
- "Otherwise" hasn't been used since classic era. For this, just copy Gutsy Pickaxe: "If it is not an Energy card, put it into your hand. [-1 point]

(I like that it does its intended job without being shackled too closely to Tyranitar. Thinking of ways to use this card is fun.)
Wording: 12/15
(Looking at Gutsy Pickaxe would have saved you two points!)
Believability/Playability: 15/15
(No issues.)
Total: 44/50
Glalie ??110 HP(W)
STAGE 1
Evolves from Snorunt
When Pokémon-ex has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Poké-Body: Seething Hoarfrost
As long as Glalie ex is in play, each of your opponent’s Pokémon that has 4, 8, 12, 16, or 20 damage counters on it can’t use any Poké-Powers or Poké-Bodies other than Seething Hoarfrost. Remove 1 damage counter from each Active Pokémon (both yours and your opponent’s) between turns.
(W)(W) Permafrost Breath
Put up to 4 damage counters on the Defending Pokémon. You may discard 2 (W) Energy attached to Glalie ex. If you do, move up to 4 damage counters from 1 of your Pokémon to the Defending Pokémon instead.
(W)(W)(C)(C) Whiteout
Put 1 damage counter for each Pokémon in play that has any damage counters on it on any Pokémon (both yours and your opponent’s) in any way you like.
weakness:(M)
resistance:

retreat cost:(C)

My Thoughts
As a big fan of Ice-type Pokemon, I kinda like it, but Seething Hoarfrost desperately needs a limiter on it. In a format with very limited ways to force Walrein ex out of the Active Spot (and in many cases you can just bring up another one), Seething Hoarfrost can make your Active Pokemon practically invincible as you are healing up to 80 damage from it going back into your turn. Since Icy Aura and Seething Hoarfrost only affect each player's Active Pokemon, this leaves Walrein ex free to tear the opponent's Bench to ribbons with Water Arrow, cutting off key powers after a single usage. Water Arrow's damage means Benched Pokemon won't have any reprieve from Seething Hoarfrost.

Permafrost Breath and Whiteout almost seem like afterthoughts at this point. I like the idea of trying to manipulate the damage to lock Pokemon down, I like that you can opt to do a little bit of healing with it, and I like the idea of taking advantage of a heavily damaged board to take big KOs late in the game. But I'm not sure I'd ever use either of them since Seething Hoarfrost is making my fat 150-HP Stage 2 ex so bulky that Acid Rain Walrein is jealous.

Wording errors:
I almost feel like Permafrost Breath should say Energy cards here, but even Raichu HP omits the word, so I'm letting it slide. Full marks here.

(It's a joy to read your analyses and to see how much thought you put into these. Bonus point for the Glacia reference in your Pokemon selection, you probably couldn't have picked a better Pokemon as a partner.)
Wording: 15/15
(No real issues.)
Believability/Playability: 11/15
(Seething Hoarfrost's healing is a bit too much when you make it stackable. When you're healing this much damage, if you don't have some seriously strong hitters, you are going to be hard pressed to overcome Walrein ex before he can lock you out of the game by shutting off Claydol and then hitting a Rocket's Admin. to low.)
Total: 43/50
Basic - Radiant Trubbish - 90 [D]
1680292355103.png
Radiant Pokémon Rule
You can't have more than one Radiant Pokémon in your deck.

Ability: Collection Sharing
While this Pokémon is on your bench, treat any Tool card attached to this Pokémon as if it were attached to both Active Pokémon.

[C] Garbage Collector
Put up to 2 Item cards from your discard pile into your hand.

W - [F] | R - | Retreat - [C]

It is said Trubbish were born when a chemical reaction occurred between an abandoned trash bag and industrial waste.

My Thoughts
Interesting card. Collection Sharing definitely makes me want to find ways to abuse it, but it also raises some questions, like how does Emergency Jelly interact with it? Do you just get a free 120 heal every time you get knocked into low health? Does Box of Disaster turn all of your Pokemon V into time bombs?

The situation you described, where you do 180 damage to all of your opponent's Pokemon, is pretty wild, and sounds like the extreme end of things. Mew VMAX is certainly trembling in its boots a little, and I don't think that's a bad thing. As a partner for Jumpluff, I think it's great. Many Tools increase your damage output, and being able to double up on them gives Jumpluff a much-needed boost in power, so much so that it might be scraping the lower limits of busted (1 Energy for 240 damage on a non-Radiant one-Prizer with no drawback or weird requirement is pretty crazy), but I'm going to give it a pass since 240 is barely enough to take out Pokemon V.

I like that it forces you to give the same effect to your opponent, and that the effect isn't generalized towards Jumpluff specifically, or Rapid Strike Pokemon in general, as the effect can backfire on you if you use a general tool like Air Balloon or Cape of Toughness, or even some niche Tools like Windup Arm or Panic Mask. You could even be cheeky and attach Hero's Medal to it to give your opponent's VMAX a nasty surprise when they come up front.

The card is strong, but not so strong that it objectively outclasses all other Radiant Pokemon, which is the mark of good design, I think. Garbage Collector's effect is fine, given that it's a Radiant Pokemon. It's too bad that under SV rules you can't get Tools back with this attack anymore, but I'm not judging this under SV rules, so hey, cool way to get Tools back!

Great card overall. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Wording errors:
Collection Sharing
- "As long as this Pokemon is on your Bench..." (Whiscash RCL) [-2 points]
- "...any Pokemon Tool card..." [-1 point]

Creativity/Originality: 18/20
(I think the mechanic behind Collection Sharing is great. Fantastic use of a Radiant Pokemon. My only gripe, if you can even call it that, is that by choosing Trubbish you seem to be leaning into the less interesting attack rather than focusing on the much more interesting effect of sharing its Tool with others. "Garbage Collector" is a boring attack name with a boring effect, and even though it makes sense for a Pokemon like Trubbish, it's been done to death and that's the only thing that really hurts your fake. I would have much preferred to see any Pokemon known for sharing or being kind in its spot instead, especially since it's a (text-based) Radiant Pokemon and it's gonna be a Basic anyway! If this had been something like Blissey, I think you would have earned the full 20 here. Still, the card is excellent on its own merits.)
Wording: 12/15
(You said you used Radiant Hisuian Sneasler as a reference, but I don't know what you used it for.)
(No issues here. This would absolutely see some play, even outside of Jumpluff decks.)
Total: 45/50
Porygon-Z – [C] – HP120
Stage 2 – Evolves from Porygon2

NO. 474 Virtual Pokémon HT: 2’11” WT: 75.0 lbs.

Poké-Power: Dynamic Converter
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon and a basic Energy card attached to Porygon-Z. That Pokémon is the same type as the basic Energy card you chose until the end of your opponent's next turn. This power can't be used if Porygon-Z is affected by a Special Condition.

[C] Data Desynthesizer
Does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon that are affected by any Poké-Powers or Poké-Bodies from your Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: Fighting (+30)
Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C]

My Thoughts
All right, not bad, not bad. Props for taking advantage of existing support cards to determine your entry, that's good. On paper, Porygon-Z certainly helps Metagross do its thing, but is it worth it? Given that Dynamic Converter requires you to have Energy attached to Porygon-Z to use, and given that Metagross's Geo Impact has a heavy Metal Energy cost, chances are low that you will actually have the correct color of Energy attached to Porygon-Z in order to change a Pokemon's type to something Geo Impact will hit. Additionally, Data Desynthesizer doesn't really help Metagross at all--Metagross helps Porygon-Z, in this case--and as such, outside of the Metagross use case, Porygon-Z becomes completely laughable and not worth the cardboard it's printed on.

Strictly as a partner for Metagross, sure, it technically works, but there are ways to make it support Metagross without being so narrowly focused on it. Here's how I'd fix it. First, instead of requiring a specific type of Energy, you could change the requirement to having a Stadium in play (having Conductive Quarry specifically in play comes to mind, but that might be a little too specific) and then allowing the player to just pick a type. Now Peezy becomes a much more flexible option and doesn't force you to waste attachments or kill your consistency by running a bunch of one-of Energy cards in the hopes you hit the jackpot. As for the attack, the effect is a little interesting, but there are so few cards that apply a constant global effect to your opponent's Pokemon the way Metagross does, it seems much too limiting to be useful. The way the attack is now, it makes me want to use Porygon-Z, not Metagross, and it doesn't make sense to support Metagross by usurping its role as an attacker. Maybe, since you need a Stadium in play (like Conductive Quarry?), you could use Porygon-Z's attack to pull 3 Stadium cards from your discard pile. Now it helps Metagross without being explicitly shackled to Metagross. Get it?

Wording errors:
General
- Flavor text is missing. As of Arceus, For non-Pokemon SP, flavor text is only omitted if the card in question has a Poke-Power or Poke-Body and two attacks. Since this card only has one attack, the flavor text would not be omitted. [-1 point]

Creativity/Originality: 16/20
(Does what it sets out to do, even if a bit ineffectively. Bonus point for incorporating Porygon2's support into choosing the Pokemon for your entry.)
Wording: 14/15
(No major issues.)
(Dynamic Converter could have been fun but it's too gimmicky for my liking. The attack makes me want to swarm Porygon-Z than try to make it work with Metagross.)
Total: 42/50
Vespiquen – G – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Combee

NO. 416 Beehive Pokémon HT: 3’11” WT: 84.9 lbs.

Ability: Sticky Nectar
When your opponent tries to use a Trainer card to remove a Special Condition from their Active Pokémon, they flip a coin. If tails, the Special Condition is not removed. You can't apply more than 1 Sticky Nectar Ability at at a time.

[G] Pollen Dance 40
Heal 30 damage from 1 of your Pokémon for each basic G Energy attached to that Pokémon.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat:
It houses its colony in cells in its body and releases various pheromones to make those grubs do its bidding.

My Thoughts
It's a good effort. You have a clear thought process, and drafting your card around Swift Sting is great, but I think the card falls a little short. Let me explain.

Sticky Nectar sounds great on paper until you realize that the only Trainer cards that can be used to heal Special Conditions are Full Heal and Life Herb, and that neither of them saw play despite existing alongside Hypnotoxic Laser. When you can play a switching card, retreat, or evolve to get rid of the Special Conditions that Swift Sting inflicts, it makes Sticky Nectar seem a lot less useful when it's so restricted like that. An interesting alternative would be to make Special Conditions more debilitating, like putting 6 damage counters on a Confused Pokemon and inflicting double poison damage. Maybe say your opponent can't attach Energy to their Pokemon that are affected by 2 or more Special Conditions. There's nothing you can do about the effects going away when the target moves to the Bench, but there are more meaningful ways to make confusion and poison hurt than to prevent removal by a method no one was ever going to use anyway.

Alternatively, you could change the effect to heal Pokemon by a little every time they retreat. That would be unique and let you switch from Beedrill to Beedrill while using some minor healing along with Vespiquen to keep them healthy.

As far as the attack is concerned, you have stiff competition from Lilligant NVI, who can fully heal 1 of your Benched Pokemon, no questions asked, for [G]. Maybe to help Beedrill, you can use the attack to shuffle 2 Pokemon from your discard pile into your deck? A recovery attack to help get Beedrill pieces back would be quite useful, and allows Vespiquen to assist other Grass decks as well.

Wording errors:
Sticky Nectar
- "Whenever your opponent tries to..." [-1 point]

(Blocking Special Condition removal basically doesn't exist, in favor of outright preventing them, but there's certainly a niche for it.)
Wording: 14/15
(Only one simple error, nice work.)
(In a format with Hypnotoxic Laser, being able to preserve Special Conditions could be huge, but the card as written doesn't go far enough in carving out the aforementioned niche.)
Total: 42/50
Hoopa– Type – HP70
Basic

NO. 720 Djinn Pokémon HT: 1’08” WT: 19.8 lbs.

Ability: Fractured Space
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a card from your hand. If you do, you may play this Pokémon from your hand as a Stadium card. While this card is in play as a Stadium card, evolved Pokémon in play (excluding Pokémon-EX) have [C] more Retreat Cost but their attacks cost [C] less.

[C] Space Leap 20
Shuffle this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your deck. If there is no Stadium card in play, put this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your hand.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
It gathers things it likes and passes them through its loop to teleport them to a secret place.

My Thoughts
Not bad. It's a neat way to both get the damage increase from Primordial Boom and make it easier to use.

Space Leap is a fun way to suicide if you ever feel like scooping in style, or to get it out of play, like you said.

It's a serviceable fake. Not sure how I feel about Hoopa itself turning into a Stadium, but I guess I can sorta see it if I squint real hard. There are certainly far worse Pokemon you could have used.

Wording errors:
General
- Hoopa Confined is the "Mischief" Pokemon, you've got Hoopa Unbound's classification here. (But the height and weight are correct, at least.) [-1 point]
Fractured Space
- "Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon is in your hand, you may discard..." (Klefki STS) [-1 point]
- "...you may put this Pokemon as a Stadium card into play." (Dusknoir LV.X) [-2 points]
- "As long as you have this Pokemon as a Stadium card in play..." (Dusknoir LV.X) [-2 points]
- "...the attacks of each evolved Pokemon in play is [C] more, and the Retreat Cost for each evolved Pokemon in play is [C] more. (Team Aqua's Muk DCR, Trevenant BKT) [-3 points]

(A simple fake, but it gets the job done. There are a lot of Pokemon that could benefit from having an Energy cut from their costs.)
Wording: 7/15
(Some large errors, some small. Sometimes, when there are no recent references, you can use existing wording from a previous era.)
(Absolutely playable. A searchable Dimension Valley that everything gets access to? Yeah, I'll take a couple, thanks.)
Total: 38/50

3rd Place: Charmaster:)’s Glalie ex, with 43/50 points.
2nd Place: LightningSpence836’s Keldeo, with 44/50 points.
1st Place: Buddy2707’s Radiant Trubbish, with 45/50 points.

Congrats to the top three! I'm very pleased to see text-based get more and more competitive - you guys are really putting out some good work. Remember to work on that wording, and don't forget to ask for help!

Note: May CaC Delayed

Hello, everypony, I am sad to announce that the next CaC is going to be delayed until June. Jabs had some laptop issues late in the month that were only resolved, like, yesterday, I think? Combined with other IRL stuff he's got going on, the decision was made to push the next CaC until June so he could focus on taking care of his business rather than try to rush everything.

Hi all, and thanks @PMJ for making that announcement after I forgot to do it last night.

I want to apologize for the late results this month, as well as the decision to push the next round back until June. It's not a decision I make lightly, but unfortunately I can't make things work out any other way. My computer being out of commission for a week took a heavy toll, and I'll be catching up on things in several parts of my life for a while as a result. It's an honor and a privilege to be one of your judges round after round, and I appreciate your patience in this.

Scores will be out as soon as I'm finished with them, which I expect to be sometime in the last third of May. I'd like for it to be sooner, but again, I'm catching up in a lot of ways after last week, and I have to put some other things first for a little while. We'll see you again in June for the next round of the competition. If you have any questions, feel free to direct them my way here, in PMs, or on Discord.

And thanks again for your patience, y'all. :)

How did I not realize I hadn't put in a "once per turn" limit for Glalie? I started laughing the moment you realized why you were talking about healing 80 damage per turn. Still, it's fun being on the podium again! This card was an enjoyable one to make, and I look forward to the next CaC in June.
Out of curiosity, PMJ, what would your appraisal of Permafrost Breath and Whiteout be after the appropriate errata to Seething Hoarfrost? It's funny how an entire format can pivot on half a sentence. (Now I think I can sympathize with the guy who mistranslated Slowking Neo Genesis. So close to creating a balanced card, but breaking the entire format by one minor mistake.)
Glad to hear you enjoyed reading the analysis! That was almost as fun to write as the actual text fake! (Possibly more.)
Also, @Jabberwock, sorry to hear about your computer. Hope you're able to sort everything out again! It's been an honor and a privilege to have you as a judge.
Hope you're both doing well.

Back