Many 'Ultra Prism' Prereleases Cancelled in Europe Due to Theft

I wonder if the robbers are aware they just stole children's playing cards...

This is what i was thinking. I just imagine a small group of criminals trying to score something relevant like electronics. They crack open the boxes and BAM. A whole lot of cardboard cards meant for children. lol.

On another note, RIP UK fans. I shall think of you this weekend during the Pre Release. (States here)

Can't believe someone would be this selfish. Keep your eyes on eBay, they could try's to sell the sealed kits. They will be stealing plush Pikachus next.

This is what i was thinking. I just imagine a small group of criminals trying to score something relevant like electronics. They crack open the boxes and BAM. A whole lot of cardboard cards meant for children. lol.

On another note, RIP UK fans. I shall think of you this weekend during the Pre Release. (States here)

I was set to go to all 4 of these and then this happened. To make matters worse, I had to book this weekend off of work and it's too late to do the same for next week. I just have to pray I'm not working then. Someone else who goes to my local league is scheduled to go to Germany next weekend too.

UK is where Prof. google based of. I am so sad on him. He can't attend prereleases due to that situation

I think the gravity of this is astonishing, that's 81 venues - if you take just an average of 35 prerelease kits (small stores) per venue and 3 booster boxes (and some of bigger ones on that list would have over 100 ordered with 9 booster boxes in support easy) that's 2835 prerelease kits out there minimum, or 11340 boosters.. Not counting the Promos. Now selling them at car boots ebay, gumtree, into corner shops etc at even £3 a pop (3.99 GBP is pack RRP) would be around 35k GPB from boosters from the re-release kits alone, plus again say 3 booster boxes per venue there's another at least 9k boosters in the wild.

As a result this set is not going to worth sh1t, so so disapointing, I can guarantee your super rares etc you will be able to by for near pennies with the reprint this will result in to recompensate.

I'm honestly considering waiting and just buying the set resell, will be no financial benefit of buying it to resell singles, psa etc e c (as many collectors such as myself do).

I think the gravity of this is astonishing, that's 81 venues - if you take just an average of 35 prerelease kits (small stores) per venue and 3 booster boxes (and some of bigger ones on that list would have over 100 ordered with 9 booster boxes in support easy) that's 2835 prerelease kits out there minimum, or 11340 boosters.. Not counting the Promos. Now selling them at car boots ebay, gumtree, into corner shops etc at even £3 a pop (3.99 GBP is pack RRP) would be around 35k GPB from boosters from the re-release kits alone, plus again say 3 booster boxes per venue there's another at least 9k boosters in the wild.

As a result this set is not going to worth sh1t, so so disapointing, I can guarantee your super rares etc you will be able to by for near pennies with the reprint this will result in to recompensate.

I'm honestly considering waiting and just buying the set resell, will be no financial benefit of buying it to resell singles, psa etc e c (as many collectors such as myself do).

I really hope this doesn't effect the prices but I know it will. The set releases 6 days before my birthday (planning to get a booster box then) and I was going to all 4 prereleases before this happened. This set had such potential for the money cards :(

I really hope this doesn't effect the prices but I know it will. The set releases 6 days before my birthday (planning to get a booster box then) and I was going to all 4 prereleases before this happened. This set had such potential for the money cards :(
Oh I know, sets like this come along only every so often and for keen collectors we will get in quik pick up stack of good cards, psa and fuel hobby for while to come - but I mean just so so many boosters out there now and criminals are smart - I can guarantee they knew exactly what they took and how to maximise and redistribute long before this article was even posted.. Serious anger here! :mad:

Oh I know, sets like this come along only every so often and for keen collectors we will get in quik pick up stack of good cards, psa and fuel hobby for while to come - but I mean just so so many boosters out there now and criminals are smart - I can guarantee they knew exactly what they took and how to maximise and redistribute long before this article was even posted.. Serious anger here! :mad:

I'm still gonna buy the product, there's nothing they can do about that. I love this set and I want to try to get a few good cards before buying singles. Even if I am losing money, the fun of going to prereleases and opening an entire booster boxes is too much to throw away because of some scumbags ruining everyone's time.

Nice joke about Team Rocket, WPM.

Seriously though, who does this? You can't just go to the prereleases or wait for a few weeks? It's not like the prerelease promos are going to be that expensive anyways...oh wait it comes with packs too. Not nice :L

The only good one in my opinion is Lucario's (The one I'm looking forward to obtain) but even then it's not even that good.

Why the @&%$ would somebody steal Pokémon cards?!?!?!? If a kid and his family decided to go to a pre-release and the store keeper had to say "sorry but some jerks stole all of the stuff for the pre-release" do you think that they would decide to get into the game? NO, because this and the Michal long situation are giving Pokémon a bad name, and as a mainly children's game it matters quite a bit to people about how Pokémon looks to the public.
Anyways... I just don't know why some people would be big enough idiots to do this kind of thing.

You'll never see it coming, you'll see that their mind is too fast for eyes!
On a more serious note, sorry to hear this happened. Hopefully things can get resolved so that UK players can get their pre-releases.

Back