Man Of Steel Review and Discussion

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
5vcx.jpg

Discuss the movie "Man of Steel" What are your thoughts and feelings about the movie.

My Review:
So for years, we had seen so many terrible incarnations of Superman, it got to the point where we thought Superman would be no more. Well we were wrong, in the hands of Director Zack Snyder (300 & Watchmen), with the help of Producer Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Scriptwriter (The Dark Knight Trilogy & Blade Trilogy) it was set up to be something truly special.

This is evident from the start, so we have Clark Kent (Henry Cavill) A Kryptonian whose parents sent him to Earth as an infant to escape the destruction of his home world Krypton. He is raised in Smallville, Kansas, by farmers Martha (Diane Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Kevin Costner).

He lives his life, knowing he is different this is what Clark struggles with. He can't find a sense of direction, or what he should do with his powers. He doesn't know who his real parents are, and this worries him. Then as an adult, Clark draws the attention of General Zod (Michael Shannon) and his army , who are searching for a suitable planet for terraforming into a new Krypton, in their own vision.

General Zod, demands he hands in the Codex, in return they for peace. Zod reveals that he intends to use a terraforming machine to transform Earth into a new Krypton, with a mass Genocide of the human race, and use the codex to repopulate the planet with genetically engineered Kryptonians.

He then escapes, and starts to work with the U.S Military to stop General Zod. Clark stops the terraforming device and also destroys the ship which carries the important technology, the Genesis Chamber, to restore the codex. The military destroys Zod's ship, sending General Zod's crew back to where they came from. Zod remains, and he battles with Superman. When Zod attempts to murder civilians , Superman is forced to kill him. To create an alias that gives him access to news without arousing suspicion, Clark gets a job as a reporter at the Daily Planet.

So definitely, the best of the Superman films, but not quite there. We hope to see a sequel or two, and a Justice League film as well. This is the start of a new era of DC & Superman films. This is a pivotal time now, and it was key for this to be a success for the future of DC. Just proves again, Marvel & Disney aren't the only ones who can make great Superhero films.

7.8/10

For this review and more, check out my blog the link in in my signature. Let me know what you think of this review.

Heya! I'll post my thoughts on Man of Steel first, followed by my thoughts on your review.

While the trailer for the new Man of Steel roared with entertainment and excitement, the film whimpered with the enthusiasm of a three year-old. In truth, the film could've been a lot worse. Previous editions had failed to capture the power and riveting nature of Superman. This film gradually managed to achieve that, but it wasn't without its faults.

The film indulged in destruction. Action scenes were never without a building or two crashing to the ground, windows being ripped off or stone pillars breaking in half. Sure, action is good. Right? Sadly, too much action leads to a boring, poorly directed film (see: Total Recall (remake)). Whilst it certainly wasn't as bad as Total Recall's unsightly remake, parts were unfortunately reminiscent.

A sad side effect of the relentless action was that the few sentimental scenes didn't come into fruition. Instead, the film became boring and drab, its serious nature wearing off on the viewer. Superhero flicks, such as Iron Man 3, kept humour to keep the audience entertained; Zack Snyder's choice to exclude it was poor, and one of the key factors as to why this film will annoy rather than impress.

That's not to say that the film was entirely bad; each actor played their part sufficiently, Cavill being one of the better Supermen. And if you get past the Spy Kids-esque speed of the action scenes, the action is great. Unfortunately, a combination of action upon action, cliches being thrown at you and a drab overall feel to it, this film is very much a forgettable one.

4.2/10

Now onto your review! You do well to keep true to most movie reviews, as you include the actors and the plotline (I excluded that from my review since you had already done so). However, I feel like you could add a lot more opinions to your review, as you say the plotline and leave it at that. Without solid opinions, it's not really a review now, is it? :p

I'd also like your review to have a little less spoilers. Most reviews tend to edge away from spoilers as it spoils the film for the viewers. Otherwise, it's a decent review!

A pretty good review. :) Just like Eagle did say though, you should cut the spoilers down a little.

I liked the movie. I went to see it in 3D and woah, my whole damn seat felt like I was in the middle of explosions. I was actually expecting to see Michael Bay in the end credits. xD

But I didn't find that much bad things about the movie. The actors did well (why do I like Russell Crowe so much? :D) and the plot was much better than the earlier movies. I like the way superhero movies have the more serious approach these days.

Dunno, guess that's it. :D

Thanks yeah, it's my first review I didn't want mine to be the same as everyone else's or too different that it wasn't accepted. I am planning to do a review of Iron Man 3 soon, so I will keep on board about more opinion and less spoilers.

Back