BW/BW2 Man arrested in japan for revealing new pokemon

LeafeonMaster601

Aspiring Trainer
http://www.geek.com/articles/games/man-arrested-in-japan-for-sharing-new-pokemon-2010115/

epic lolz
wow i want to move to japan, pokemon is part of the culture now:)

Was this during the relese of pokemon Black and White version? Problebly not. But why he got arrested was... wierd. Maby the cop loved Pokemon and dosen't want any one to hear about it. o_O Still cool though. =)

They were the starter evolutions which weren't revealed yet and the guy revealed them before Nintendo or Gamefreak.

And they didn't bother going overseas arrested Serebii, who also posted the images, Pokejungle posted the images too, and even our own webmaster posted the images, seriously, it's not an FBI top secret conspiracy, it's a kids game, and there's no going around that....

He was arrested not just for stealing them, but for claiming that he made them as well, he went to a ton of imageboards (including one whose name we do not mention on this forum), claimed he made them, and told them to keep making fake evolutions until the real ones were announced, and those ended up being the genuine starter evolutions, in other words, he was like Team Rocket and stole a trainers Pokemon, particulary our rivals starter Pokemon. I'm glad this turned out well....

Erm. That's a bit drastic, imo.
A part of me wants to laugh, but another part wants to facepalm.
That's strange o_O

Thats really a misfortune and an awful excuse to arrest someone.In America they certainly would not do this,Japan is strange.But what I find stranger is why no one from Japan comes overseas to arrest people who actually take the game itself and form it into a rom.

My guess at why they arrested him was that they felt it violated DMCA, and as for why not arrest people who steal it? Simply that there are too many and dealing with an overseas country is difficult, so they went after one of the easier solutions.

This is really DRASTIC. It is even more so because the company isn't pressing charges, but who knows. I can see the trial being dropped, but you never know as I am looking at it from a US point of view. Maybe things are different in Japan.
However, there is also the possibility that he may have stolen them. How else could he have taken the pictures? That may be where the police are coming from, but wouldn't they need some kind of warrant or something?

@Masterge77. Haha lol. Google cannot post any images. Ever wondered what google was? It's a search engine, whenever someone posts an image on the internet google will display it. You cannot sue them for that.

A bit too far.

You shouldn't be arrested, maybe the images taken down and a simple fine.

I wish to see this on failblog xD

Seriously though, what the efffff???! I mean, we release info and just get like a note from Nintendo :/ AND DID ANY of this happen with Diamond and Pearl..? Not that I know of.

The weird thing about this is that, according to the article, it wasn't Nintendo or Gamefreak pressing the charges... it was the police. I mean, wtf?

Back