• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mally Box (I refuse to say Ultra Mally)

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Here's my updated list after a whole bunch of testing and playing and swapping:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Ultra Necrozma-GX PR-SM 126
* 1 Marshadow-GX PR-SM 59
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99
* 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX PR-SM 101
* 1 Deoxys CES 67
* 1 Gengar & Mimikyu-GX TEU 186
* 1 Giratina LOT 97
* 4 Inkay FLI 50
* 1 Marshadow SLG 45
* 1 Mimikyu GRI 58
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Malamar FLI 51

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 3 Viridian Forest TEU 156
* 2 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Escape Board UPR 122
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Lillie UPR 125

##Energy - 11

* 9 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8
* 2 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I don't just play it with ultra necrozma.
Necrozma is good against big gxs and for 70 hp snipes (with tina) but it's not enough on it's own.
Having many different attacks gives you more options and helps out certain matchups:
  • Marshadow GX annihilates Pikarom (along with baby mimikyu)
  • Dawn Wings takes an early KO on blace and is a good attacker in the zapdos matchup. It also just is a solid attacker in most games, as well as being a comeback mechanic.
  • Deoxys is better than tina in the dos matchup and in a pinch can be used with marshadow to KO a 5/6 energy Pikarom for 2 energy. Deo also is much more pleasant to start with than a 3 retreat tina.
  • Gengar and Mimikyu can get KOs on big gxs (especially in the upcoming green's decks), as well as helping out the stall matchup.
  • Tina is my go-to attacker. 130 is just enough damage. You 2 shot gxs and 1 shot non gxs (except eggs, we don't talk about eggs...). The 10 damage spread lets me hit the numbers (10+180 from 3 energy necrozma=190).
  • Remember marshadow does 30 for 2 energy so it can KO natu and inkay and get that final 30 you need.
  • Baby mimikyu is a card I just added and in testing, it seems really good. Being able to KO pikaroms (with marshadow GX), use ultra necrozma's attack in the mirror, use Reshizard's attack for 230, KO a zoro for 2 (with marshadow), etc. It. Is. So. GOOD.
  • Lele can use tapu cure (very situational but should be kept in mind) and, of course, energy drive.
  • Mally does 60 for 3. That's enough to KO a muk.
Try this deck out, it should be as consistent as possible. I get set up basically all my games. I haven't tried Dedenne in here yet but I think I might put 1 in there. The problem is you can't treasure for it and on turns when you need draw support to just dig, lele for cynthia is just fine. But don't worry, I'll test it and get back to you on that. Just need to get one on PTCGO (I pulled 1 IRL).

If you think mally is dead, play this a bit. I've been constantly playing with and improving my mally list since it came out (I started with toxapex gx, yikes) and I kind of know my outs and win conditions and odds of hitting the stuff I need off things like cynthia and all those things. It might take a while to get the deck down.

Sorry for the rambling, it's obvious I love this deck.
If you have any questions, comments, or ideas of improvement, leave them below.

I never really made a deck with Marshadow GX before, however if he can be a pain for both Pikarom and Snorlaxeevee. May give him a shot.

I never really made a deck with Marshadow GX before, however if he can be a pain for both Pikarom and Snorlaxeevee. May give him a shot.
Just remember that you need a pokemon in the discard.
In the pikarom matchup, the best thing to get in the discard is dawn wings because it does enough damage while also making Moon's Eclipse an option. Usually what I do is Moon's Eclipse for 3 prizes on a pikarom and then next turn take a KO on either another one (for game) or a 2 prize GX like zeroara. Just remember Koko GX is not weak to anything. Moon's Eclipse is my answer to Koko. Ultra Necrozma works, too.

Against Eevelax, get a tina in the discard and chain tinas. They can't one shot tina. They do 120. Try to get 10 from distortion door on each lax so you can 2 shot them. Marshadow can only 1 shot a lax with gengar & mimikyu, ultra necrozma, or moon's eclipse. The problem is you need 10 from distortion door on a lax TO be able to KO a lax WITH your 1-of tina in the discard (130 x 2=260. Lax has 270). It's possible but tricky.

Just an idea: why don't you substitute Marshadow Gx and a trainer (Viridian Forest or Pokemon Communication) with Onix and Choice Band?
Onix can one shot Pikarom, Zoroark, and Jolteon and it gives up only a prize. Choice Band let Moon's Eclipse hit for 210. In this way, you would have two answer to Zoroark instead that only one :)

Just an idea: why don't you substitute Marshadow Gx and a trainer (Viridian Forest or Pokemon Communication) with Onix and Choice Band?
Onix can one shot Pikarom, Zoroark, and Jolteon and it gives up only a prize. Choice Band let Moon's Eclipse hit for 210. In this way, you would have two answer to Zoroark instead that only one :)
Zoroark resists psychic

Onix is an option but it is just masked by the flexibility of marshadow.
I'm not saying onix is a bad choice, just in this deck, marshadow is better.
Here are some reasons:
  • Onix works well in lists that run DCE but not really that great in lists that don't.
  • You need 3 mally on the bench to get an onix out in 1 turn and that is just not going to happen that easily, especially with the inevitable guzma and lycanroc KOs on my malamars.
  • Onix has 4 retreat. If you start with onix, you are basically screwed. Dawn wings won't help because it's weak to dark so you can't really use it in that matchup.
  • Marshadow can use moon's eclipse. It doesn't matter that you give up 2 prizes if you take 4 (or 5) prizes before you get KOed.
  • Marshadow can take the KO for 2 energy (with baby mimikyu). If things don't go my way, it's nice to not have to get 3 energy on there to take KOs.
Overall, Onix is just a little too clunky to be effective, but it is a good option.

The choice band, *sigh*, yes the choice band...
The thing is that choice band doesn't really do much.
Most of the matchups I would need choice band can be solved by using distortion door.
Ultra Necrozma: Photon Geyser: discard 2 psychic: 180 damage + 10 (tina) = 190
Dawn Wings does the same thing (180 +10 for 190)
Reshizard: 270 HP: 2 shadow impact (130 x 2 = 260) +10 from distortion door
I chose consistency over the band because I would rather get my deck up and running than get that KO just a little easier.

Also, I'm not worried about being able to KO zoroarks. I usually have to go in with tina anyways because of alolan muk (guzma KOs) and I have ultra to take knockouts. Marshadow is kind of a second attacker.

Blace gx specifically? Blace regular (with one GX) is what I generally run right now (with welder ofc), but I don't really have a good all-gx list yet.

Blace gx specifically? Blace regular (with one GX) is what I generally run right now (with welder ofc), but I don't really have a good all-gx list yet.
Like blace gx prerotation with some welders for extra speed.
Because blace is an easy win pre-rotation (my deck is too fast and also just moon's eclipse) and welder might change that.

I'm trying to add a mew in here (because of the INSANE amounts of weezing online) but I can't find space.
I've tried out dede but I don't really like it.
Space is an issue.
All those tech cards...

Back