• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Malamar Spread

Kent Freeze

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 4 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 3 Inkay FLI 50
* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 134
* 1 Tapu Lele PR-SM SM45
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 3 Malamar FLI 51

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 2 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 2 Captivating Poké Puff STS 99
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 2 N NVI 101
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Shrine of Punishment CES 143

##Energy - 10

* 10 Psychic Energy Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

With the new Shrine of Punishment stadium , I've been playing with this Malamar spread deck in PTCGO and had some good results (just went on an 8 game streak.....but that doesn't mean much because I like to play decks that are a bit terrible/inconsistent but fun to play so I probably have a low rating).

Any thoughts on improving this? It is currently standard, but post-rotation it loses quite a few cards (brigette, ninja boy, poke puff are probably the worst losses), so any thoughts on how to make it SUM-on?

I like this version a lot versus the dce/counter-energy version since you don't have to worry about enhanced hammer. And although it isn't ideal, you can at least try to run it as a non-spread deck with the necrozma attacker if you end up against a tough matchup for spread (eg. Stakataka, Mr. Mime tech).

I've also thought about teching in A. Muk for basic ability shut off, but this list probably doesn't have the space (bench or otherwise) to fit it in.

Back