Pokemon Make a Pokémon Team with your Full-Odds Shinies

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Ever had trouble thinking of a team for your Pokémon Trainer OC? This game might be for you. Of course, you can still do it for fun even if you already have a team in mind.

Pick up to 6 of your favorite full-odds* Shinies that you've ever obtained. These Pokémon will make-up your team. However, since we never see Trainers in the anime or NPCs in the games with more than one Shiny, only up to one of yours may remain Shiny (they can even all be non-Shiny if you want). Feel free to include any info about these Pokémon, such as nicknames, natures, or how you found them.

* By "full-odds," I mean Shinies obtained without anything to boost your chances. Below are Shinies that do not count as full-odds:

- Hacked, glitched, or RNG'd Shinies, obviously
- Default Shinies (like the Red Gyarados from Johto)
- Shinies obtained via trade
- Odd Egg Shinies (GSC)
- Shinies bred from Shiny parents (GSC)
- Shinies hatched via Masuda method (breeding parents of different languages)
- Chained Shinies
- Horde Shinies
- Consecutive Fishing Shinies (XY/ORAS)
- Friend Safari Shinies
- Shinies encountered via "sneaking" in ORAS
- Any Shinies obtained after getting the Shiny Charm

NOTE: Full-odds Shiny Legendaries do technically count, but are best avoided for realistic purposes.

What does your team look like? Here's what I got:

032.gif
Barry/Shiny Nidoran♂ I found this guy in FireRed's Safari Zone and luckily managed to catch it. Unfortunately, both the cartridge and Pokémon were lost. I decided to keep him Shiny because he was my favorite Shiny encounter as well as my luckiest catch.

233.gif
Codec/Porygon2 Obtained as an in-game gift in Platinum while soft-resetting for a Modest nature. I didn't get the nature I wanted, but I wasn't going to pass up this blue cyber-duck!

136.gif
Chipotle/Flareon My first (and so far only) full-odds Shiny in X. It was my second play-through of the game and I had just reached the E4 when I decided to go find a rainy route to evolve my Sliggoo. The search took me to Route 10. I think a Nosepass horde popped up first, but right after that... Silver Eevee! Definitely the rarest Pokémon I ever had a full-odds encounter with. While Flareon isn't my favorite Eeveelution (although it did look adorable in Eevee and Friends and Jungle Flareon is one of my favorite artworks in the TCG), it was the only one I didn't have that worked with its Nature that I didn't already have.

358.gif
Calem/Chimecho During my second play-through of Black Version, while hunting for the Seven Sages post-game, I found this guy hanging around at the Abundant Shrine.

012.gif
Clover/Butterfree♀ My first Shiny in LeafGreen. I had played through the game a few times without finding any Shinies. It wasn't even until the post-game on my newest file that I found a Shiny Caterpie in Viridian Forest while frantically running around Kanto hoping to find something. Funny enough, Shiny Butterfree was high on my wishlist.

183.gif
Dylan/Marill During my second play-through of Platinum, I refused to spoil my chances of a potential Shiny encounter by using Fly and it payed off when this green aqua mouse popped up! There were luckily still 3 Gyms left, so I was able to use him during my play-through. I wasn't going to evolve him, but I may do so in the future.

I actually really like the looks of this team. I don't know if I'll replace my main OC's team with it, but I'm definitely thinking about using it for something. :D

Last edited:

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
bronzong.gif
Liberty Bell/Bronzong (My first ever full odds shiny, and first shiny in general that wasn't the Lake of Rage Gyarados. I found this trying to hunt for a Gible in Wayward Cave in Pearl. Unforunately, the Pokemon was lost after it was traded to my Platinum game, and I lost the cartridge.)

beautifly.gif
Pollenator/Beautifly {} (I found this shiny as a Wurmple in Emerald. I was not paying attention to it and was about to run away from it before I saw it wasn't red. Was transferred up with a bunch of Pokemon Pal Parked to Gen IV. Like Bronzong, Beautifly met the same fate when I lost my copy of Platnium.) [It took a couple of years, but I got my shiny Beautifly back in AS.]

conkeldurr.gif
Shinydurr/Conkeldurr {} (My first full-odds shiny in Pokemon X. Found just before I beat the Elite 4. Too late in the game to use it; but it was nice regardless to find one.)

altaria-mega.gif
Soprano/Altaria {} (Found this full-odds shiny a day or two before I completed the entire Kalos Pokedex. Would serve as the Mega for this team.)

I was only lucky 4 times. I did also find a shiny Spinda at "full-odds", but it was post Shiny Charm in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
My team would look like this

MeIn2Weeks (Conkeldurr): my first full odds shiny back when i was doing a nuzlocke on my black. it was my first encounter on pinwheel forest and it survived the entire nuzlocke x3

Oh Deer (Sawsbuck): got this on the same nuzlocke as the conkeldurr. it wasn't my first encounter but i caught it anyway for obvious reasons

Rosy (Roserade) got this in 2450 encounters on my black 2 it was my target and my favorite hunted shiny as of now

Chompy (Raticate) found this in 304 encounters on the same black 2 while hunting for cottonee

Huggles (Whimsicott): appeared after 909 encounters on black 2 on the same day as the rattata

PinkBelly (Lugia): got this after only 450 soft resets on my soul silver.

vaporeon617

Aspiring Trainer
Here it goes

Vapor(vaporeon), fist Pokemon in my party when I defeated the kanto league in red, he never died
Blastiose, he was my starter
Laparis, he was my Pokemon with surf
Poliwrath, he was my Pokemon with strength
Kingdra, he was my dragon
Gyrados, he was my highest lv

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
015.gif
SHINY the Beedrill (Great name, I know :p ): Found this beautiful bug in FireRed, and she's my first shiny ever! (Red Gyarados nonwithstanding) I did know what Shinies were at the time, thankfully, otherwise I might've killed it (>_<). I'd been looking for a Pikachu for several hours in Viridian Forest when I decided to give it 3 more chances to appear or I'd leave, and on the very last encounter before I'd leave the forest I found a shiny Weedle!

670.gif
Crocus the Floette: My second ever shiny, I was running back to Santalune city to buy some hats and I went through the grass and found a shiny Flabébé! She's currently a Floette and I have no intention of evolving her because I'm not too big on Florges. She's adorable as is though <3

308.gif
Sensei the Medicham: I found this one in victory road in Alpha Sapphire, which was cool. She came far too late for me to consider using, but it was still awesome!

402.gif
Sinatra the Kricketune: Anyone watching my Platinum Nuzlocke will know that this guy was caught right after my destruction at the hands of Mars (RIP ;~; ). He has some (read: a lot of) trouble hitting things, but I love him all the same. Thankfully still alive <3

267.gif
Gypsy the Beautifly: My second shiny in Platinum, I found her after my partial destruction by Jupiter. She's on my team now, and hilariously doesn't know an attacking move yet.

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Here it goes

Vapor(vaporeon), fist Pokemon in my party when I defeated the kanto league in red, he never died
Blastiose, he was my starter
Laparis, he was my Pokemon with surf
Poliwrath, he was my Pokemon with strength
Kingdra, he was my dragon
Gyrados, he was my highest lv
Cool mono-type team, but you seem to be missing the point of the thread. Instead of you making a team, your luck makes your team for you. Your team is determined by what Shinies you've found in the games, specifically "Full-Odds" Shinies (Shinies you yourself have obtained without anything to boost your chances). There's a list of Shinies that don't count in the first post.

Only up to one of these may remain Shiny, however. For example, if you found a Shiny Koffing in Gold and a Shiny Buizel in Pearl, your team might be Weezing (Shiny) and Floatzel (non-Shiny). They could even all be non-Shiny if you like.

SHINY the Beedrill (Great name, I know :p ): Found this beautiful bug in FireRed, and he's my first shiny ever! (Red Gyarados nonwithstanding) I did know what Shinies were at the time, thankfully, otherwise I might've killed it (>_<). I'd been looking for a Pikachu for several hours in Viridian Forest when I decided to give it 3 more chances to appear or I'd leave, and on the very last encounter before I'd leave the forest I found a shiny Weedle!

Crocus the Floette: My second ever shiny, I was running back to Santalune city to buy some hats and I went through the grass and found a shiny Flabébé! She's currently a Floette and I have no intention of evolving her because I'm not too big on Florges. She's adorable as is though <3

Sensei the Medicham: I found this one in victory road in Alpha Sapphire, which was cool. She came far too late for me to consider using, but it was still awesome!

Sinatra
the Kricketune: Anyone watching my Platinum Nuzlocke will know that this guy was caught right after my destruction at the hands of Mars (RIP ;~;). He has some (read: a lot of) trouble hitting things, but I love him all the same. Thankfully still alive <3

Gypsy the Silcoon (Will be a Beautifly eventually!): My second shiny in Platinum, I found her after my partial destruction by Jupiter. She's yet to be on the team, but she's the next to be added!

Congrats on the Shinies and nice team! I'd love to get a full-odds Shiny Beedrill again -- Shiny Mega Beedrill looks awesome! I caught a Shiny Weedle in Silver way back when (my second Shiny ever), but it died with my save file. I've MM'd one since, but it's not the same. T_T

If you were a Trainer in the anime and only one of these could remain Shiny (while the rest become non-Shiny), which Pokémon would you want to be Shiny?

Last edited:

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
My team would consist of a lone Tentacool. WATCH OUT ELITE FOUR, I'M COMING FOR YOU :U

ZygardeChronicles

PMD5 when
Mine would be:
136.png
EEEVE the Flareon (Gen 1/2)
My first Shiny. Transferred from Gen 1, he's pretty special. The story is I really wanted to transfer my Blue Pokémon to my Silver game. So I transferred "SQUIRTZY" the Blastiose, then I think a Butterfree, I believe the Flareon was next. When I was finished, I saw my Flareon, but it was different. It wasn't normal. I sent him out in battle and he sparkled like the Red Gyarados. I was confused, but assumed that my Flareon was special. And I was right. I now have a Shiny Flareon in Pokémon Silver to this day.

700.png
Sylver the Sylveon (Gen 5/6)
When I found out where Eevees were in Black 2/White 2, I wanted one. I knew about shinies by this point. I turn on my Black 2 game and head to Castelia City and right to Castelia Park. Encounter 1: Not an Eevee. Encounter 2: Not an Eevee. Encounter 3: Not an Eevee... Encounter ??: Not an Eevee. Encounter ??: Hi Ee... HOLY ARCEUS IT'S A SHINY. I remember literally throwing my Master Ball at it to guarantee I caught it. I didn't need it. I had all the legendaries. Shake, shake, shake. Gotcha, Eevee was caught! This was at the beginning of Generation 6, so I knew I wanted a Sylveon, so I named it Sylver. Afterwards, I saw it was female, so that made her better. I have quite a few Shiny Eeveelutions that I didn't obtain, got them from WT.

026.png
Rai the Raichu (Gen 6)
I mentioned this shiny on someone's page before. Though I have a hatred for Pikachu, I needed a Raichu in my AS version. So I caught the Pikachu. This basically how it went. "Oh-kay, let's get a Pikachu. Safaaaariiiii Zoooone!! *Rustling of my character walking through grass* (Suddenly, wild encounter) Hey look, a Pika... HOLY ARCEUS. HI THERE!" So I caught the tanned Pikachu, named him Rai, and customized the moves, then evolved him. He is definitely one of my best shinies in my Gen 6 game.

Those are my random Shinies. I literally don't have anymore because I'm lazy and impatient.
I don't care if normal trainers don't have more than one shiny. I'm keeping them all.

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
674.gif
Pants - My first Shiny. I was hunting for a Skiddo and this came up. Didn't evolve though, Pancham's just too cute.
051.gif
Multi - I caught this guy in the Lumiose Badlands. All I wanted to do was get past that part of the game but I kept running into Dugtrio and Gible. I told myself I wouldn't be surprised if a shiny popped up and there it was.
064.gif
Moustache - My first thought when I found a Shiny Abra was that I was really lucky, my second thought was that I only had Poke Balls. Luckily it was level 6 or something like that so I was able to catch it.

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
Everyone has all these clever and funny nicknames for their shinies and I just named one of them.

aggron.gif
Aggron. My first shiny. Caught him in Victory Road in Sapphire as a little Aron. Love those red eyes and oxidized looking body.

022.gif
Fearow. Found it in Pearl on Route 227.

018.gif
Pidgeot. Found him as a Pidgey on Route 29 in Soulsilver and gave him the most ridiculous name out of sheer excitement. That name? VICTORY!!! (A better name I just thought of would be Rube GoldBird.)

358.gif
Chimecho. Found her on Kalos Route 11 in Y as a Chingling. So neon orange. So fabulous.

Last edited: