Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
Omg! People stop complaining and be thankful for the things you get! Not one main series Pokemon game was awful. So this will be good too. Maybe not what we will expect, but be glad they still make these kinds of Pokemon games!
There are plenty of bad mainseries games. This is called being a GameFreak shill. We have the right to criticize things y'know?

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
One last note-if you look chronologically, firered/LeafGreen came out before diamond and pearl, so it technically makes sense that they would redo those games before they redid diamond and pearl.
Y'all realize this is a Yellow remake/sequel right? FRLG ARE the remake, next in line is Yellow.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
No Pls No. We don't want Gen 1 again. Everything I know about Gen 1 is enough to prove that Gen 1 sucks

fleshrum

Cephalophore
I'm floored that people here are still angry about the rumors floating around. IF! IF they are true, do you really think it will be a straight Gen1 rehash? Evidence from current switch releases says otherwise. It's not a remaster or a port, so it's bound to do at least a few things differently, beyond a simple graphical overhaul. And that's a good thing, no matter which region we are in. The whining is just a meme at this point...

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I bought a Switch to play a new generation of Pokemon games. If we revisit the old region but with a ton of brand new pokemon, moves, legendaries, etc then I'll be much happier, but that seems less and less likely to be what's coming in late 2018 :(

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
TBH, I hate Gen 1 based on the storyline based on what I've played way back Fire Red: too harsh, too violent, having some sort of "bullying" because of Blue, which I hate. Gen 1 also introduces gambling via Game Corner which is not good for younger players.

If the Kanto thing was revealed: I was really hope for
  1. Expanded Pokedex
  2. No Pokedex-related story like getting a VS Seeker requires X Pokemon.
  3. Day/Night cycle so that wild Pokémon varies everytime.
  4. An evil team focuses on a Legendary Pokemon.
  5. Retains the best features of Pokémon throughout the years.
Where do we get the livestream of that TV show?

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
I bought a Switch for new Pokemon as well.. So far, the games on it haven't been my favorite, so I'm hopeful Pokemon will deliver. It would be sad to see them give into their already enormous wallet. This would be Solo bad imho.

Hackzo23

Nerd? i prefer the term, intellectual badass
No Pls No. We don't want Gen 1 again. Everything I know about Gen 1 is enough to prove that Gen 1 sucks

Speak for yourself.
I’m happy for a gen 1 game.
I hate people think their opinion is what the general public want.
Gen 1 again?
Last time Gen 1 came out was in 2002-2003.
That’s a solid 15-16 years. It’s been quite along time for you to be saying “gen 1 again.”

Hackzo23

Nerd? i prefer the term, intellectual badass
TBH, I hate Gen 1 based on the storyline based on what I've played way back Fire Red: too harsh, too violent, having some sort of "bullying" because of Blue, which I hate. Gen 1 also introduces gambling via Game Corner which is not good for younger players.

If the Kanto thing was revealed: I was really hope for
  1. Expanded Pokedex
  2. No Pokedex-related story like getting a VS Seeker requires X Pokemon.
  3. Day/Night cycle so that wild Pokémon varies everytime.
  4. An evil team focuses on a Legendary Pokemon.
  5. Retains the best features of Pokémon throughout the years.
Where do we get the livestream of that TV show?

What’s funny is everything you say that you hate about Gen 1 are the exact reasons a lot people love Gen 1.
Yes it’s harsher/more violent than current Pokémon games. But a lot of people like that because it’s more mature, more adult. And the “bullying?” There’s a reason so many people think blue/silver(since he kinda is the same way) are the best rivals.

I personally would love if they went back to that sort of stuff so the games felt more mature and I didn’t feel like I was playing a little kids game the entire time.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Speak for yourself.
I’m happy for a gen 1 game.
I hate people think their opinion is what the general public want.
Gen 1 again?
Last time Gen 1 came out was in 2002-2003.
That’s a solid 15-16 years. It’s been quite along time for you to be saying “gen 1 again.”

Minor thing, but the last time Gen 1 came out was actually 2016, with the 3DS VC release of Red and Blue.