• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Magma Command (Camerupt EX / Pyroar)

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3 Camerupt EX
    3 Litleo
    2 Pyroar (PHG)
    1 Pyroar (FLF)
    2-2 Leafeon (Plasma)
    1 Dedenne
    1 Mewtwo EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 3 Scorching Earth
    3 Professor's Letter
    3 Muscle Band
    3 Ultra Ball
    1 Startling Megaphone
    2 Switch
    1 Scramble Switch/ Computer Search
    1 Sacred Ash

3 Blacksmith
    4 N
    3 Juniper
    1 Colress
    1 Lysandre
    2 VS Seeker
Energy:

• 10 Fire Energy
    4 DCE

uywTgSP.png

Strategy:

camerupt.gif
pyroar.gif
leafeon.gif
dedenne.gif
mewtwo.gif

So Camerupt EX looks like it will be a good attacker, and with Blacksmith + an energy attachment he can be discarding 3 fire energy a turn for 170 damage with muscle band. With Flare Command Pyroar, you can also be doing 120 damage a turn with your discards to any benched pokemon which is dragged into the active position (1 fire energy discarded from Pyroar, + 2 from Blacksmith and the attack discard). Flare Command Pyroar also means I can tech in a regular Pyroar which might prove to be game winning depending on the opponent's deck. Flare Command Pyroar is not a good attacker but it is able to knock out another Pyroar without a Muscle Band, so it could be of use. It can also knock out any Suicune or Sigilyph.

So the main things I could be worried about are Seismitoad, along with pokemon that hit harder for each energy attachment since Camerupt EX has a big attack cost, as does Flare Command Pyroar. Mewtwo EX and Yveltal EX are pretty scary so I teched in 1 Dedenne and 1 Mewtwo EX- both are also just good attackers and Dedenne has good utility if I end up starting with it thanks to Entrainment. For Seismitoad EX I've got a 2-2 line of Plasma Leafeon which can hit pretty hard against any of the water type attackers which plague me.

Scorched Earth is a good way to put fire energy in the discard and has great synergy with Blacksmith whilst also allowing you to get through your deck slightly faster. I think this engine might be enough to make fire pokemon pretty strong because you can fiery torch every turn without having to draw them every turn, and its not an item card so it makes fire decks a little stronger under Seismitoad or any other item lock. Plus it makes the turns you play blacksmith not completely detrimental to your draws because you will at least be able to draw 2 afterwards- also giving a small shield against Ns to 1, red card, and severely reduces the chance of completely dead hands.

This deck needs multiple fire energy every turn (thanks to Scorching Earth, Blacksmith, energy attachments... so 3 Professor's Letters are here because of how much energy the deck wants to go through every turn (minimum 2 from energy attachment and scorching earth).

I think Fire does have a good chance with this expansion, doing great against metal decks, but Seismitoad (and I guess other new water pokemon) is going to be such a problem.. (fk quaking punch >_>)