Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
I remember you claiming similarly last game, and that ended up being town. Your role is extremely strange, but like Camo's claim, I trust this as a town claim. This means there are four people left to claim, and only one of them is town.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Here is my role:
You are Mitch, and you are aligned with the Club Alliance. A former professional boxer turned Club Master, you personally test everyone who wishes to join your club, with the promise of membership to anyone who can last one minute in the ring with you. Some question what this has to do with playing the TCG, but it's your club, so you get to make the rules. Middle age has softened you up a little, so you lose more often, but your TCG skills are on point and as sharp as ever. Like Ken, your battle plan is to hit hard and fast. You think you are the superior master simply because while both of you can hit hard and fast, you believe you can hit harder and faster.

Your Favorite Pokemon is Machamp.

180px-MachampBaseSet8.jpg

FP Effect: Strong-willed
You can use cards during the day as well as night, but you can still only use one card per phase. A phase is one day/night cycle.​

Ability: Overzealous
Once a night, pick a player. You will learn who that player targeted during that night.

Win Condition: Eliminate Team GR

VinculumStellarum

When you are claiming post all results and cards.
Right, cards. I should do that.
N0:
You received Goop Gas Attack from Dr. Mason.

180px-Goopgasattack2.jpg

Usage requirements: Discard 1 card from your hand
Effect: When you play this card, pick a player and either this night or next day. Their FP Effect will be nullified during the time you chose.
Couldn't really use this, so I held onto it.
N1:
You received Gold Potion from Dr. Mason.

180px-GoldPotionBoundariesCrossed140.jpg

Usage requirements: Discard 2 cards from your hand
Effect: When you play this card, if a kill would resolve on you at any point in the next phase, it will fail. (Does not protect against being lynched.) A phase is one day/night cycle.
Getting this, I realized this was really important to hold onto. Immediately got stolen, though:
Your hand suddenly changed!

Cards in your hand: none
N2:
You received Time Shard from Dr. Mason.

180px-TimeShardAquapolis135.jpg

Usage requirements: N/A
Effect: When you die, any remaining cards in your hand (excluding any Time Shard) will be randomly given to the remaining players.
I didn't really think much of this card when I got it, but since my Ability was confusing me about this card, I asked PMJ about it:
Well, even with a card in my hand, I can't do anything with it until I die, so...
Hold on, how does that work with my Ability? Do I lose the cards right away, or does the card just give away anything I haven't used at the end of the night?
Burn Out lets you survive until the end of the night you are lynched. If you are living on borrowed time you can still use a card, but when you finally do die, any unused cards you have will be given away.
N3:
You received Misty from Dr. Mason.

200px-MistyGymHeroes18.jpg

Usage requirements: Discard 2 cards from your hand
Effect: When you play this card, you will receive a +1 buff to your vote weight during the next day.
Used this on N4 so that I could use it for today, discarding Time Shard and Magnifier.
N4:
You received Magnifier from Dr. Mason.

MagnifierNeoDestiny101.jpg

Usage requirements: Have at least 1 other card in your hand
Effect: When you play this card, non-lethal Abilities have no effect on you. Effect lasts one phase. A phase is one day/night cycle.
Didn't think much of this, either. Used it as discard fodder.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
My Cards:
These were my cards when I subbed in:
Cards in hand:

You received Venture Bomb from Dr. Mason.

180px-VentureBombEXTeamRocketReturns93.jpg

Usage requirements: None
Effect: When you use this card, pick a player and call heads or tails. If you call correctly, that player will have an unmovable vote on them for the duration of the next day. The source will be shown as "Card Effect". If you call incorrectly, it will be on you instead.

180px-Goopgasattack2.jpg

Effect: When you play this card, pick a player and either this night or next day. Their FP Effect will be nullified during the time you chose.
You received Hand Scope from Dr. Mason.

180px-HandScopePhantomForces96.jpg

Effect: When you play this card, pick a player. At the start of the next day, you will learn every card in that player's hand.
When I asked what was used to open the QT, PMJ said:
You received Friend Ball from Dr. Mason.

180px-FriendBallSkyridge126.jpg

Effect: When you play this card, pick a player. You and your chosen player will receive a QuickTopic in which you can discuss the game at any time.

This is what was used to open the QT.
On D3, I used Hand Scope on Camo and got:
Camoclone holds these cards: Time Shard
On N3, I got these cards:
You received Goop Gas Attack from Squirtle Squad.

180px-Goopgasattack2.jpg

180px-Goopgasattack2.jpg

On N4, I got:
You received Time Shard from Dr. Mason.

180px-TimeShardAquapolis135.jpg

Usage requirements: N/A
Effect: When you die, any remaining cards in your hand (excluding any Time Shard) will be randomly given to the remaining players.
I used Goop Gas Attack (discarding Venture Bomb) N4 on Drac and got this:
Night 4 results

You successfully used Goop Gas Attack. GM DracLord's FP Effect was suppressed during night 4.
I don't know if this means Drac was lying to us about his FP Effect or just that I was not blocked.
I'll keep my Overzealous results to myself for now, as they can be used to catch scum lying. I you all really want me to share them, I will.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
I'll keep my Overzealous results to myself for now, as they can be used to catch scum lying. I you all really want me to share them, I will.
Wait until everyone else has shared first. Then you should share. If we mislynch we lose so we need all available info.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Jesi, the point of mass claiming isn't to trust the claims. You're showing a lack of understanding of how safeclaims work.

Drac is by no means cleared, or anywhere close to.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Anyways, I'm confident GM is town. For one, I would've been asked to draw a GR logo on him if he were scum.
What does this even mean? And, more importantly, why does it matter?

This never happened when Excal had his vote on me, as the vote count on me was two when it was still there. However, when it moved to Quaking, it became 2. This proves Drac's FP Effect and should clear him through that.
Oh, and three: If you check the vote count on the end of Day 4, Drac's vote is indeed on two people.

Just because Drac's FP effect is proven does not mean that Drac is town.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
For clarification to those of you who don't understand safeclaims the ability almost always matches what their actually ability is.

VinculumStellarum

What does this even mean? And, more importantly, why does it matter?
Team GR members would be in uniform, am I right? I'm probably stretching with flavour here, and it didn't work for Mint, but I'm positive it will work for Mark.

And yeah, I do understand safeclaims, but it's hard to bust them. How can you find a flaw in a safeclaim?

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
You shouldn't be able to find a flaw in a host provided safeclaim. You are reading way too much into flavor. Good hosts don't let flavor provide any information and PMJ is a great host.

VinculumStellarum

Then how are you supposed to tell whether someone is telling the truth or not?
Also, ##VOTE: NinjaPenguin
I'm not sure why it's a good idea to hold back your Overzealous results right now when we can simply just get the results now and lynch possible scum very soon.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Your role PM has been updated:

You are Mr. Ishihara, and you are aligned with the Club Alliance. An avid collector, you don't particularly care about building competitive decks. Instead, you are content to while away your time searching for rare cards to add to your collection. You are also a fan of Colorless Pokemon and have, on more than one occasion, parted ways with some of your duplicate cards just to help trainers add to their collections.

Your Favorite Pokemon is Cool Porygon.

180px-CoolPorygonWizardsPromo15.jpg

FP Effect: Data Check
At the start of each day, you will be given the effects of a random card. You will not be given effects of any card that you have previously held.​

Ability: Texture Magic
You will gain the Abilities of the first player to die.

Ability: Crisis Vine
Once a night, pick a player. Any card usage by that player will fail during this night.

Win Condition: Eliminate Team GR

N1 Crisis Vine was on Excal/Drac.
N2 was on scattered.
I was v/la during N3.
N4 was on scattered.

I currently have a Hand Scope and a Venture Bomb in my hand.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
^FTR, re: the "Your role PM has been updated" bit––

This is my role PM as of N1; after quaking died and I received Crisis Vine from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.