Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
Ok the plan has a 25% chance to fail but that’s up from the original 66.66% chance we had before now we just have to figure out who to vote along with nick

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
Also @Lord o da rings
Put your ability onto someone other than Nick or NP put it in someone who you think is scum so if we get into another situation like this where we have to sacrifice someone to increase our odds we can

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
##VOTE: bbninjas
You know why. Tomorrow, keep questioning Lorde because her not being about to quote is totally shady and I think she might just be a goon who can't come up with a fakeclaim.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I am extremely disappointed in all of you.

No one caught that six isn't a majority of twelve, or that five isn't a majority of ten? I'm not being like, haha I tricked you, I am even more at fault because this is literally fourth grade math that I failed at. But the fact that no one at all caught it is disheartening. It doesn't change either lynch (both players had a majority at deadline), but damn, guys. :[

End of Day Vote Count

bbninjas: Lord, NinJamezor, Aqua, Jade, NP, T_E (6)
Aqua: GP Jade (1)
Jade: bbninjas (1)

Not voting: TLS, simsands

Death Scene

After Cody had been found innocent, tensions ran high as accusations were thrown around wildly. Most people seemed to think there was a good chance that bbninjas was a cake thief. As the time limit dwindled, more and more folks agreed, and bbninjas was eventually thrust forward for inspection.

"Search him," Tsomu ordered, and Bae went to work:

You are Taikyu, and you are a Dirty Stinking Cake Thief. At seventy years old, you are far and away the eldest competitor. Your massive height and strange (lack of) clothing made everyone wary of you, but that quickly changed. You and Frisk have become unlikely friends, and you've taken on the task of exorcising her. Though your first attempt was unsuccessful, you have decades of experience as a sage under your belt, so you're confident that you'll find a solution soon enough. Eating Windra's cake was a moment of weakness that you feel great shame for. You really should just turn yourself in.

Ability: Prismatic Laser
Once per game on any night you may PM me to use this ability. You will perform the factional kill and your kill will break through any protection on your target.

Ability: Sleep Talk
Once per night you may PM me the name of any player and a ten-word message. If the message is approved, it will be sent to that player.

Win Condition: Dirty Stinking Cake Thieves comprise half or more of all remaining players

The competitors were stunned. No one had expected Taikyu, of all people, to be guilty. "I am terribly sorry," he apologized, bowing low to the others. "I will gladly accept whatever punishment is deemed appropriate."

Just then, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK stood up and offered to be searched, because he couldn't handle the idea of anyone thinking he was guilty. He stepped forward, and Bae went to work:

You are Jethro Duffy, and you are a Patient Competitor. You and Prince, your Umbreon and best friend, have been through a lot over the years. From suffering from second-degree burns to losing an eye, you're surprisingly optimistic for someone who's had to deal with as much as you have. One day at a time - that's your motto. Though you're playing it cool, you are hoping this game gets finished quickly because despite being half destroyed, that cake still looks phenomenal and you can't wait to get a piece of it.

Ability: Last Resort
You can't be lynched by majority vote, but you will die if you have any votes on you at all when someone else is lynched.

Win Condition: All Dirty Stinking Cake Thieves brought to justice

"Glad that's settled," Jethro said in his slow drawl, happy to have proven himself innocent. "Y'all let me know when you're finished here... I'm definitely comin' back for that cake."

Both he and Taikyu left the cafeteria, and they all looked at Tsomu. Was it over? Tsomu looked at Bae, who sniffed the air, then shook her head.

"Bae says there are more cake thieves out there. Does anyone else want to volunteer to be searched?"

Night 2 ends Friday, January 26, at 3 PM CST. No night actions will be accepted after 3 AM CST on that date.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TOTAL_EPICNESS stepped forward, and Bae searched him out:

You are Kyro Remington, and you are a Patient Competitor. You're fascinated with Pokemon fossils, having studied them for as long as you can remember. As the youngest competitor, the others sometimes forgot that you are also a tournament champion, but after your battle with Jethro, you can rest assured that no one will ever doubt your skill as a trainer ever again. You were saddened at seeing Windra's cake so violated - it looked really tasty...

Ability: Ancient Power
Once per night you may PM me the name of any player and learn their alignment, but since you're just a kid, your results may not be accurate.

Win Condition: All Dirty Stinking Cake Thieves brought to justice

There are seven players left in the game, which means it is, actually, for real this time, four to lynch.

It is LYLO. If scum is not lynched today, they will win.

Day 3 ends Monday, January 29, at 3 PM CST.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Oh my god first time surviving past N2 since Dazzling Star. Holy crap, that was like 7 months ago.
You know why. Tomorrow, keep questioning Lorde because her not being about to quote is totally shady and I think she might just be a goon who can't come up with a fakeclaim.
I'm gonna respond to this the way I wanted to for 3 days. If you really think my inability to quote, which is a site problem, is a reason to suspect me, then you need to re-evaluate the way you play this game. That is the worst reason I've seen for me yet.

I'm still especially suspicious of people who claim to be vanilla, especially after the BB flip.

NinjaPenguin

Since when is that a site problem? I can quote my PMs just fine and I think everyone else can. Also, welcome to the strawman zone! Population: You and BB
You also ignored the tag I gave you.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Well what do you know?

I figured TE would be killed last night, having claimed Seer and all, so I did this:
Watch: TE

Night 2 results

NinJamezor targeted TOTAL_EPICNESS.

So that gives us Nin as one of our scum, we need to figure out who else. I've still got suspicion on GP, but I'm not sure who for the 3rd. If no one is convinced on Firo, I may be able to do an ISO on him later. Note the may, it might not happen tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

Since when is that a site problem? I can quote my PMs just fine and I think everyone else can. Also, welcome to the strawman zone! Population: You and BB
Quoting works fine for me as well. What doesn't seem to be working is copy/paste. Hence why I had to manually copy over those quotes above. If the quotes mess up, that's why. Weee...
Anyways, very minor fos on Lorde because of the quoting thing.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Since when is that a site problem? I can quote my PMs just fine and I think everyone else can.
I called it a site problem because it's a problem I have all over the site, pasting into the text box is not working, I just tried it again.
Also, welcome to the strawman zone! Population: You and BB
How is that a strawman?
@Lord o da rings Can you remind me when you targeted Mariano? And when you switched to wanting BB's lynch from there?
Probably the moment Mariano subbed out.
So that gives us Nin as one of our scum, we need to figure out who else. I've still got suspicion on GP, but I'm not sure who for the 3rd. If no one is convinced on Firo, I may be able to do an ISO on him later. Note the may, it might not happen tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
Oops nevermind, I was right, lmao. ##VOTE: NinJamezor

NinjaPenguin

Well what do you know?

I figured TE would be killed last night, having claimed Seer and all, so I did this:

Quoting works fine for me as well. What doesn't seem to be working is copy/paste. Hence why I had to manually copy over those quotes above. If the quotes mess up, that's why. Weee...
Anyways, very minor fos on Lorde because of the quoting thing.
Vote where your mouth is. I trust you, but I also don't because LYLO fakeclaims are a thing (and I don't like Lorde's blind trust in it if town). NinJamezor was still scummy though (also can someone remind me what he claimed?).
How is that a strawman?
Because you eliminate the fact I think it's a good line of questioning and act as if it's the case on you.
Probably the moment Mariano subbed out.
Can't grab the quote from earlier, but your claim said you thought you might be killed during the night. Just check your PMs and tell me.

simsands

Half raccoon, half chipmunk
Lorde sure was quick on that vote...

Vote where your mouth is. I trust you, but I also don't because LYLO fakeclaims are a thing (and I don't like Lorde's blind trust in it if town). NinJamezor was still scummy though (also can someone remind me what he claimed?).

He was one of the claimed vanillas, IIRC.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
This is exactly what my problem is. You know what, let's try typing this out.
You are Esmeralda Rayvenflight and you are a Patient Competitor. You are an employee of Diamant Industries, the host and benefactor of this tournament. A new...hire, we'll say, your physical appearance has been meticulously planned from the ground up in order to draw people in. Since you're the referee for this tournament, you are front and center in every match, helping ensure you do just that. You aren't offended that Tsomu is accusing you of stealing cake, since he's accusing everyone. You are curious about it's taste, though, since you've never actually had cake before.

Ability: Destiny Bond
Once per game you may PM me the name of any player. Upon your death, their role PM will be revealed to the town.

Win Condition: All Dirty Stinking Cake Thieves are brought to justice
There's my role, and that sucked to retype. Never doing that again.
Because you eliminate the fact I think it's a good line of questioning and act as if it's the case on you.
A) Where do I ever dismiss this? I said it's a bad reason, I wasn't twisting your words.
B) Ok, so you say it's suspicious that I can't type due to an error with the text box, implying that as a reason for me being scum, no matter how wrong it is. I never said that was the entire case and never even implied it, but when there's a bad point on me I'm going to say so.
Can't grab the quote from earlier, but your claim said you thought you might be killed during the night. Just check your PMs and tell me.
What does that have to do with me choosing to switch my choice between Nin and BB? I tried destiny bonding Mariano N1 because I thought I would die and he was scummiest after Gekki was lynched.
Lorde sure was quick on that vote...
I've been suspicious of Mariano/Nin since Day 1, this only makes me more confident in that. I'm not asking for a turbo-lynch, it's 1 vote.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
which is a site problem
SMod here: We have been having site issues, and some people were unable to quote, and most, if not all, were unable to copy and paste. Regardless of how I feel about Lord in this game, I'm gonna go to their defense on this.

I may be able to do an ISO on him later.
... I'm not hip to the lingo. What's an ISO? Does it hurt?

grandpancrea
Hehe. Add an S to this and I become Grand Pancreas.

Status
Not open for further replies.