Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
I read bb's case and I read the list of posts he gave, and I only agreed with one point that it seemed kind of like an unnecessary flip-flop. If you remember, I also pointed out the flaws in bb's case.
On another note, NP's much more aggressive and isn't flying under the radar, as compared to last game (when he was scum). I don't know what to make of that though, since NP was also representing us on another site at the time, and they could explain things.

What is scummy is that NP was pressuring and focusing mainly on Gekki (this is after commenting on his mindset), and then in the post below, started switching towards pressuring and focusing nearly entirely on Lorde. The kicker is that I don't see any reason for NP's focus to switch so suddenly - it's not like Gekki gave a great defense to the points NP was focused on that should have changed NP's mind there and then.
Paragraph 1 is saying I didn't play to a scum meta game.
Paragraph 2 is the switch that didn't exist.
Which of the only two points you were agreeing to?

NinjaPenguin

Neither. I meant this:
Why I changed my read has the postulate that I did change my read. I thought Lorde was more scummy after she couldn't justify that vote, but besides what you might see in my successful reaction bait of you, nothing changed.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Why I changed my read has the postulate that I did change my read. I thought Lorde was more scummy after she couldn't justify that vote, but besides what you might see in my successful reaction bait of you, nothing changed.
How was your reaction bait successful?

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
@bbninjas you asked for my thoughts so here they are
I do agree that Lorde and Gekki are both acting equally...”scummily” but NP is also acting pretty aggressive and if what people have been saying about how he plays more passively as scum then I think it’s an indicator he’s town as for YOU if I take into account what everyone is saying about how you’re playing this the exact same way as last time when you were scum I can’t let that slide at all and I don’t think anyone else will either with Lorde it seems a bit different she is playing aggressively and getting a lot of offense towards her but she’s able to defend herself perfectly so I feel she isn’t scum with Gekki well... I’m still not sure what I think on that case

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I do agree that Lorde and Gekki are both acting equally...”scummily” but NP is also acting pretty aggressive and if what people have been saying about how he plays more passively as scum then I think it’s an indicator he’s town as for YOU if I take into account what everyone is saying about how you’re playing this the exact same way as last time when you were scum I can’t let that slide at all and I don’t think anyone else will either with Lorde it seems a bit different she is playing aggressively and getting a lot of offense towards her but she’s able to defend herself perfectly so I feel she isn’t scum with Gekki well... I’m still not sure what I think on that case
Lol how is Lorde defending herself "perfectly"?

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
perfect was definitely not the best word I could have chosen to describe it instead I should have said “well”

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
@quakingpunch73, you've been lurking on and off for most of yesterday and you just were again. Do you have any scumreads or opinions on the current cases?
I've been pretty busy with birthday festivities atm. :U

I've already stated my opinions on the case on the case on you.

If I'm understanding correctly, the case on Lorde mainly revolves around the fact that she voted for you after bb did, right? I don't think that too much is wrong with that vote, and I kind of see it as Lorde just playing aggressively by rebutting the points against TE that you had brought up and pressuring you at the same time. If you could explain to me how it was out of character for her to do so, it would be easier for me to understand the case that you presented.

Right now, it's Day 1, so it's still a bit early to have concrete scumreads. With that being said, I do think that it's likely that a scum is within the group of inactives/newer players that we have, who are forgoing being put in the limelight.

NinjaPenguin

Askr I was aggro but more in the sense of being frustrated at you constantly iirc.
Salem I really laid back and let people around me do the heavy lifting D1 and D2 until I had to push hard at the end to hope for a win.
I've been pretty busy with birthday festivities atm. :U

I've already stated my opinions on the case on the case on you.

If I'm understanding correctly, the case on Lorde mainly revolves around the fact that she voted for you after bb did, right? I don't think that too much is wrong with that vote, and I kind of see it as Lorde just playing aggressively by rebutting the points against TE that you had brought up and pressuring you at the same time. If you could explain to me how it was out of character for her to do so, it would be easier for me to understand the case that you presented.

Right now, it's Day 1, so it's still a bit early to have concrete scumreads. With that being said, I do think that it's likely that a scum is within the group of inactives/newer players that we have, who are forgoing being put in the limelight.
The issue with Lorde is that she can't justify her vote on Gekki well at all.
And why are you flying under the radar? Can you bring up suspicion on people or something? IDR the last time you were scum, but this mirrors Duck Hunt and Star Wars much more than any recent game you've played I'm pretty sure.
I see
I guess I misunderstood “flying under the radar” as passive
Not really. Last game, I was super passive and let everyone else do my dirty work.

NinjaPenguin

Also, reading Askr can help you get a good idea of my scum meta as well.
You've learned so much since then. And naming your own "scum meta" is pretty stupid. My scum meta is all over the place just so I can't easily be caught, and I'd expect yours to be pretty similar.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
You've learned so much since then. And naming your own "scum meta" is pretty stupid. My scum meta is all over the place just so I can't easily be caught, and I'd expect yours to be pretty similar.
It's probably changed since then, but I haven't played scum since then sooo...

I just mentioned it because I thought it could help people read me, is all.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Yeah, that sounds pretty NAI for me.
Even I find this hilarious, I'm clearly not defending myself perfectly if I'm still under fire for a lack of justification. I do play aggressively in general though, that's not new for me.
I can't pick a vote for you. Find some scumreads and make a case.

-W/e
-It wouldn't be scummy if you hadn't tunneled with it.
-Either way, I wanted him to respond and he didn't because of you, so it's defending.
-Read my ISO.

Add unwillingness to scumhunt to my case. She's basically asking me to find a vote for her, while she still leaves her vote on me. That's really scummy because scum could just hammer me at this point, and if they don't, then we know for certain there is in fact scum on my wagon already. The scummiest person on my wagon? Lorde.
- "Tunnel - Verb. The act of focusing all of your attention on one player while ignoring the rest, even if logic dictates others would be worth your time." - Mafia Master Doc. If I'm doing this so are you. :U
- Nothing in particular stuck out as hypocritical.
- Unwillingness to scumhunt, lmao. Most bulls*** point all game. I love how you're pressing me to scum hunt rn when earlier when you were the top case you said you couldn't scum hunt properly because you needed to defend yourself. That is literally what I'm doing right now (hypocritical). And I was going to sleep as well, so this is a super invalid point. :D

If you wanna know what I was actually doing, I was trying to see if you would suggest anyone else to prove you weren't tunneling. But you didn't, so...
NP's said that he's deliberately tried to change the way he plays to avoid being caught. And that's a problem with rolling scum so many times in a row.

NinjaPenguin

Yeah, that sounds pretty NAI for me.

Even I find this hilarious, I'm clearly not defending myself perfectly if I'm still under fire for a lack of justification. I do play aggressively in general though, that's not new for me.

- "Tunnel - Verb. The act of focusing all of your attention on one player while ignoring the rest, even if logic dictates others would be worth your time." - Mafia Master Doc. If I'm doing this so are you. :U
- Nothing in particular stuck out as hypocritical.
- Unwillingness to scumhunt, lmao. Most bulls*** point all game. I love how you're pressing me to scum hunt rn when earlier when you were the top case you said you couldn't scum hunt properly because you needed to defend yourself. That is literally what I'm doing right now (hypocritical). And I was going to sleep as well, so this is a super invalid point. :D

If you wanna know what I was actually doing, I was trying to see if you would suggest anyone else to prove you weren't tunneling. But you didn't, so...

NP's said that he's deliberately tried to change the way he plays to avoid being caught. And that's a problem with rolling scum so many times in a row.
Thoughts on Quaking, Mariano, myself, or inactives?

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Thoughts on Quaking, Mariano, myself, or inactives?
- Quaking's been lurking a ton in general, though today he gets a pass because of his birthday, and he's probably busy with plans. Take note he did this last game as well and flipped town. :L
- Mariano's acting hella OOC imho. Remember that thing I said I was reading up on, that was Mariano's meta. I didn't think I'd found anything that really stuck out, but the bandwagon of his changes things. I honestly see Mariano being a bit more hesitant to lay down a real vote than how he did.
- You're neutral for me. Honestly with the amount of times you've deliberately shifted your meta I'm not reading you as anything.
- TE's... new. Don't know why he thinks I'm defending well (I'm not lmao).
- TLS is in character (that bandwagon seems natural from him), however a lot less active.
- People like Jade, GP, and Nick just haven't done anything notable yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.