Finished Mafia XLV: Heroes of Askr ~ The Winner Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Day 3 Update
On edge from their previous failures, some summoners tried to act out during the night and stop their adversaries, while others sat by and did nothing... Unfortunately, one summoner was killed during the night, opening the door for Embla to win...
Lord o da rings was killed during the night!
You are a Summoner aligned with the Order of Heroes. A quiet individual who has the ability to wield the Breidablik, a holy weapon which allows you to, well, summon heroes from other worlds to your own.

Win Condition: All players not aligned with the Order of Heroes are eliminated.
~~~
Your free summon is... Better luck next time!

mI6IRmD.png

Felicia, Maid Mayhem
~Colorless Hero~
"My name is Felicia. I'm one of the very best maids from the Kingdom of—! Whoa! Sorry. Dropped my tea tray."
Hero Aspect: Didn’t Expect That, Did Ya?- As long as you have two Heroes in your party, you may use this Hero Aspect. Each night you may PM me “Heal: Player”. That player has a 50% chance of being protected from the night kill. Your entire party will be sent home after using this Hero Aspect. The effects of similar aspects with a percentage chance stack with this Hero Aspect.​
~~~
Your new hero is... Not too shabby!

gjf9lOc.png
Titania, Mighty Mercenary
~Green Hero~​
"I wish our mercenary group's old commander, Greil, could see how well his son has developed. He has carried on Greil's legacy very nicely as our leader."
Hero Aspect: Greil’s Blessing- Each night you may PM me “Grant: Player”. If you are killed or lynched during the next day-night cycle, that player will receive the vote weight you had in the previous day.​
~~~
Your new hero is... Better luck next time!

uHujWQ0.png

Sophia, Nabata Prophet
~Red Hero~
"I am half human, half dragon... But why should halves...divide us? My halves make me...whole."
Hero Aspect: Draconic Divination- During the next day, you will only receive two orbs to summon from, but you will know the names of the Heroes you could summon in return.
The following players are alive:
1. @rainyman123
2. @GekkisaiDaiNi
4. @NinjaPenguin
5. @TheSceptileMaster
6. @scattered mind
7. @Neurowolf
8. @Celever
11. @GM DracLord

Day 3 has begun! It will end on Friday November 3rd at 5PM EST, or 120 hours from the timestamp of this post. Vote counts will be posted on request. Be sure to post and be active, as in order lynch someone, you must have a majority of the vote by the end of the day! When choosing an orb, be sure to specify which orb you want, even if there are multiples of that orb color. If you did not receive a night update, you may not have had sent home a hero or submitted your night actions, so please do so in the future! Today is MYLO for the town, if they mislynch, there is a chance they will lose the game!

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Woah finally! It's MYLO, so may as well massclaim.
I don't remember enough rn, so I'll give detailed thoughts later.
You are a Summoner aligned with the Order of Heroes. A quiet individual who has the ability to wield the Breidablik, a holy weapon which allows you to, well, summon heroes from other worlds to your own.

~~~
Your free summon is...Better luck next time!

KwRUtKT.png

Gwendolyn, Adorable Knight
~Blue Hero~
“I’m Gwendolyn, one of the knights of Ostia. Some say I wear this armor as a sort of spectacle. They’re quite wrong.”
Hero Aspect: Cute Sentry- At the start of every even numbered-day, you will be told “Player 1 targeted Player 2”, with Player 1 being a player who targeted Player 2 with a Hero Aspect that night.​
Fakeclaimed on this so I might get an extra result. It's gone now as you will see later, so can't hurt to claim. I then chose green:
Your new hero is... Congratulations on such a rare hero!

mlMvWL2.png

Hector, General of Ostia
~Green Hero~
“The name of my axe is Armads. It was once wielded by a legendary berserker, you know. Once had a chance to meet the man, believe it or not. He’s one dangerous-looking fellow.”/i]
Hero Aspect: Armads, Axe of Storms- Each night, you may PM me “Slay: Player”. If that player had an irregular vote weight during the last day, you will kill all of their heroes.
Yes, Quaking did in fact fail at the italics tag, if you couldn't see.
Slay: GekkisaiDaiNi
Your orb colors are:
-Green
-Green
-Blue

You saw that Neurowolf targeted scattered mind during the night!

You tried to slay GekkisaiDaiNi's Heroes but their vote weight was normal!
Then chose blue:

smPQFCf.png

Odin, Potent Force
~Blue Hero~
“I specialize in probing beyond the ordinary words for weapons to find their true names of power! Missiletainn is the greatest such name I have ever known. I will give thought to what your weapon’s true name is.”
Hero Aspect: “BY MISSILETAINN!!!”- As long as you have 3 Heroes in your party, you may use this Hero Aspect. Each night, you may PM me “Outmanuever: Player”. If you are targeted for the nightkill by that player, their identity will be revealed in the following update. However, you will still die. Your entire party will be sent home after using this Hero Aspect.​
Slay: Rainyman123
Outmanuver: GekkisaiDaiNi
Slayed rainy because I concluded my vw was prob. 0 yesterday and that he therefore had irregular vote weight. He's a slight scum read, and double voting scum are bad in MYLO. Used Odin because I thought I might be killed tonight, and using it tomorrow wouldn't do anything if there was a mislynch.
You successfully slayed rainyman123's heroes during the previous night!

You tried to outmanuever GekkisaiDaiNi during the previous night, but you weren't targeted by them for the nightkill!

Your new role is:

~~~

Your orb colors are:
REDACTED
Not telling you my orb colors b/c that actually applies to my role rn.
@quakingpunch73 What happened with Cel?

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Well, the NP case is dead. The last new points were added during Day 1 and his claim seems legitimate. So:
##Vote: NinjaPenguin

RVS
RVS vote, this is irrelevant.
While I will agree that you two voted for the same person near the same time, I also know that Gekki's post was about a minute off meaning he mightve seen cels post meaning he might've been bandwagoning. Just a thing I notic. But "Ninjaed by Celever" just makes this seem even worse; not necessarily a scummy, but again just a thing I notice.
Overreach and a "point" that makes zero sense. He also is sure to make it extra clear that it's "just something he noticed" to avoid suspiscion. This is also OOC aggression from someone who usually lets others scumhunt for them, and its scummy anyways since A. The point is horrible and B. It was about ten minutes after Day 1 started.
I sorta agree with this. @Lord o da rings, that's just mean :L
Nothing to see here.
And why would enthusiasm be bad? And where'd you get that from? If your implying that I'm more active and that's scummy somehow I'll just say that I was in the discord chat when quaking said day 1 was up and also it's a saturday and I'm a school kid I don't have much else to do :L
Weird overreaction to what was obviously just an RVS vote. See the post rainy was responding to here:
Rainy seems to be very enthusiastic. Also that post where he says rvs just to be over clear.

##VOTE: Rainyman
Then we move into my three page long ordeal with rainy. Thats on pages 7-9 if you want to go dissect it yourself, but I'm not ISOing it. The entire thing was basically just fluff from both me and rainy. Moving on:
@mordacazir I do think NP is slightly scummy, but that was just my RVS vote and I kinda forgot about it thru all this, but I think I might keep it for now.
He didnt give any reasoning for keeping his vote on NP, he just said he thinks NP is scummy. He could've at least just said what he thought made sense to him from others points on him, or, better yet, made his own points on him.
I agree that NP seems to playing a little different but this doesn't really come off as like, scummy to me, but it does give me a feeling that he's anti-town. I doubt he's the bad bad guys, but I do think that, if there is one, he is probably the indie. But I also agree with the Gekki argument, Not to much to vote him yet, but to also remove my RVS vote from NP

##UNVOTE
Mentioning an indie...? There is no confirmation that there is an indie, and this makes it almost seem like rainy is the indie (since the only person that would know for sure there was an indie would be the indie). Which makes me hesitant to vote for him since we're in MYLO (but he is still the best case IMO and I will be voting for him). This is also a tiny flipflop considering his last post.
P sure I meant the arguement against you
He should know for sure what he meant, but not really scummy. Just strange.
I do your just making me doubt myself :x
This is scummy. He shouldn't be feeling this much pressure from this post:
You're pretty sure? Why don't you know for certain what you meant xD
Gotta sleep but popping in to say I probably won't be active tomorrw and my vote weight is 2
Fluff.
posting you vote weight is really not scummy since just by voting someone everyone is going to find out anyways.
Fair point, this isn't scummy.
I would think it would be a good reason for Town to know vote weight especially so something like a mislynch doesn't happen.
NP said what I think of this so I'm gonna save myself some time and just quote his post:
We have a host on deck who's telling us when players get within L-3. We don't need to worry about premature hammers when we have that.
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: morda
Bandwagon with no reasoning but basically everyone was hopping on the morda wagon so I'll cut rainy some slack here. I don't like that he doesn't give any reasoning, or say what he likes about the points others had made on morda, though.
Oh shoot its way past 40 minutes :x
Fluff.
Well thanks to NP I have no hero’s now so, yeah. D:
I’ll post what they were later
So. Much. Fluff.

TLDR:

Points torwards scum:
-Tons of fluff
-Overreacting to RVS
-OOC aggression & reactions
-Bad reasoning
-Not helping town (he hasn't really done anything but bandwagon and make one horrible point early in Day 1)

Points torwards indie:
-He mentioned there being an indie and we have no proof that there is. However there has been an indie in all of the Pokebeach Mafia games I've read so IDK if this is a valid point or not.

Points torward town:
-some or his reactions seem like those of a confused/overpressured townie. But they also seem scummy at the same time.

##VOTE: rainyman123

Also, here's my role:

~~~

WPWOXGa.png

Donnel, Village Hero
~Blue Hero~
“My pa gave me this stone. He said it had a kinda power hidden away in it. Been my dream to figure it out.”
Hero Aspect: Friend to All- Each night, you may PM me “Hello: Hero’s Name”. If that Hero is in the game, you will learn their Hero Aspect.
Your orb colors are:
-Blue
-Blue
-Green
I'll take Green
Took Green for self-preservation since I was the number one lynch option at the time. Thought maybe it would allow me to get someone lynched who wasn't me.
Hello: Robin
Robin is the only Fire Emblem hero I know xD
Your new hero is... Congratulations on such a rare hero!

dakVv9J.png

Julia, Naga’s Blood
~Green Hero~
"My name is Julia—she who inherited the ability to use the book of the Divine Dragon, Naga."
Hero Aspect: Book of Naga, Heavenly Light- Each night, you may PM me “Purify: Player”. During the following day, that player’s vote weight is multiplied by -1.
Purify: NinjaPenguin
NP was the scummiest player to me at the time.
Your orb colors are:
-Green
-Blue
-Red

You tried to say hello to Robin but he was no where to be found!

You successfully purified Ninja Penguin's vote!
I'll take Red.
I already had both a Blue hero and a Green hero, and there was no real reason to pick one color over the other, so why not.
Your new hero is... Not too shabby!

98uO5Dg.png

Tharja, Dark Shadow
~Red Hero~
"I like working on new hexes. So if you talk to me at the wrong time, you might suffer...consequences."
Hero Aspect: Halting Hex- Each night you may PM me “Hex: Player”. For the next day-night cycle, that player will have all their passive Hero Aspects disabled.​
I'll send home that first hero i got.

Purify: Celever
Hex: Neurowolf
Purified Celever because he's so inactive and I don't want inactives to make uninformed votes (since they are inactive they probably don't know what's been going on in the game). Also agree with morda that Celever is way too inactive for his meta, which is scummy. Hexed Neurowolf because I'm getting some scummy vibes from him (I noted why in my post during day two with the ISOs on NP and Morda. See the spoiler "Random Thoughts"). In hindsight, I should have Purified rainy, but I didn't think to do that. Oh well :/
Your orb colors are:
-Colorless
-Red
-Blue

You successfully purified Ninja Penguin's vote!

You successfully hexed Neurowolf!

You successfully sent home Donnel!
Blue please
Seering abilities are good to have. Also I guess someone used some kind of weird ability on me since I targeted Celever with Purify during Night 2.

Quick meesage to @Celever:

We are in MYLO, if you're going to be this inactive, please sub out.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
@Everyone Did anyone redirect Gekki to me last night? Because he said to purify Cel yet targeted me in the end.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Here's my roles as you can see I didn't use my ability yet

~~~

VbvH5LZ.png

Lissa, Sprightly Cleric
~Colorless Hero~
"I'm Lissa, and despite what my brother says, I am not delicate! I'm a princess and a member of the Shepherds!"
Hero Aspect: I Can Fight Too!- You may only use this ability when 2 or more Askr aligned players have been lynched in a row. Each night, you may PM me “Guard: Player”. That player will be protected from the night kill.

Your orb colors are:
-Blue
-Blue
-Colorless

smPQFCf.png

Odin, Potent Force
~Blue Hero~
“I specialize in probing beyond the ordinary words for weapons to find their true names of power! Missiletainn is the greatest such name I have ever known. I will give thought to what your weapon’s true name is.”
Hero Aspect: “BY MISSILETAINN!!!”- As long as you have 3 Heroes in your party, you may use this Hero Aspect. Each night, you may PM me “Outmanuever: Player”. If you are targeted by that player, their identity will be revealed in the following update. Your entire party will be sent home after using this Hero Aspect.​

cpJnMuy.png

Cecilia, Etrurian General
~Green Hero~
"I served as a teacher to Roy and Lilina, two of my favorite students. Both were such adorable pupils.
Hero Aspect: Silence- Each night you may PM me “Nullify: Player”. This player will have a vote weight of 1 during the following day.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Usually in Mafia I'm the least active, this is different...

##VOTE: scattered mind
it's so unlike you to be this distance

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod

I think it's the best lead right now. It's the only case still hanging there that is on an inactive player. Gekki and NP are very active, and while this is not an indication of alignment necessarily, it's a bad idea to lynch any of them right now, since if we do, the game will be completely inactive.
That leaves only the rainy case as a good lead to gather further info.

Draskk

Blast From The Past

I think it's the best lead right now. It's the only case still hanging there that is on an inactive player. Gekki and NP are very active, and while this is not an indication of alignment necessarily, it's a bad idea to lynch any of them right now, since if we do, the game will be completely inactive.
That leaves only the rainy case as a good lead to gather further info.
Where's your role? Also, gonna say anything to GM Draclord's point or are you just gonna ignore it?
Usually in Mafia I'm the least active, this is different...

##VOTE: scattered mind
it's so unlike you to be this distance
Role please :p. Also this is a pathetically weak case. Only one point? And it's not even very good? Really? There are better lynch options with many, many more points on them. If you want me or anyone else to take a scattered lynch seriously, please make a serious case.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Where's your role? Also, gonna say anything to GM Draclord's point or are you just gonna ignore it?

Role please :p. Also this is a pathetically weak case. Only one point? And it's not even very good? Really? There are better lynch options with many, many more points on them. If you want me or anyone else to take a scattered lynch seriously, please make a serious case.

What else do you need, I gave up my role already didn't.

I go with my instinct and that what it told me for now. No I didn't plan for SM lynch to be taken seriously with that point. Just hoping to get a comment from my post

Status
Not open for further replies.