Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
##VOTE: quakingpunch73

If you're a vig with a multi-shot you're obviously an indie. This is crazy.

I hadn't noticed that my role was buffed, but I've now found the difference. The difference isn't notable, but I suppose I'm weak to begin with.
Active Ability: Fireball Orb
In Mario Party 7, you and Luigi had the signature item of the Fireball Orb, which allows you to shoot Fireballs. And those Fireballs always get the job done; they're great for killing whoever you choose. Once per game during the night, you may PM the hosts Fireball: [Player]. That player will be killed, and this ability will become locked. If you kill Bowser with this ability, you will gain an extra use of this ability.
No Action Bonus: [Snip!]

@Celever :Slightly scum, because his metashift.
For when you next post; what's this metashift?
@quakingpunch73 : I guess slightly town? Only because of the safeclaim though.
Safeclaim? What do you mean by safeclaim?

Okay @quakingpunch73 why shoot? Rainy was scummy but wasn't confirmed scummy. Shooting is always a gamble and I think you made a risk for the good of the town, so townie points there, but unfortunately, he was a townie. If I recall vigilantes usually die within a day after shooting a townie. Is this true or not?
No, that's just a way that they can be balanced.

@Professor Palutena - You still haven't said enough. Neutral
@Haunted Water - There's so much about you and what you have said that confuses me from yesterday. Neutral
@bbninjas - Epist dying after casting suspicion on BB is shady, but not enough to convince me he is scum. Neutral
@quakingpunch73 - I have no doubt in my mind he is town. Town
@mordacazir - Whatever happened to him last night makes me believe he's town. Town
@Celever - He was buffed by praying to rainy? K. Definitely the hardest to read of any of you. IDK[/Spoiler]
For your neutral reads, which are leaning town and which are leaning scum?

I am little hesititant about quaking. Multi-shot vig is very high power, but the condition that he got another shot makes sense. However, he could be a multi-shot indie who has limited shots to shoot a bunch of certain roles, and if he kills them, he gets another shot.

@Professor Palutena - You still haven't said enough. Neutral
@Haunted Water - There's so much about you and what you have said that confuses me from yesterday. Neutral
@bbninjas - Epist dying after casting suspicion on BB is shady, but not enough to convince me he is scum. Neutral
@quakingpunch73 - I have no doubt in my mind he is town. Town
@mordacazir - Whatever happened to him last night makes me believe he's town. Town
@Celever - He was buffed by praying to rainy? K. Definitely the hardest to read of any of you. IDK[/Spoiler]
You should also ask more questions imo

Anyway, I've got school and then some life stuff after that, but I should be able to squeeze a post in later.

Reads:
@Lord o da rings: hasn't said much recently. Lying low but school time for her so it makes sense. Neutral
@mordacazir: also has been lying low and did a really in-depth analysis of rainy, maybe because he knew he was town and was trying to push lynch... idk. Neutral
@Professor Palutena: subbed in late and I feel has something to hide. This could be a town power role or a scum role. Neutral
@Celever: Has a vote weight increase in his role. We've already come up with yesterday that this would be incredibly over-powered for scum to have. Town
@quakingpunch73: Claimed Mario and everything fits. @NinjaPenguin, is it possible for scum to tailor their own safeclaims, if they have one? On that note, nobody has counter-claimed, which usually would lead to a lynch on one. Town
@bbninjas: ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Neutral

Sidenote: Is the effect of Clockwork Castle the same this time around? Will night be skipped again? @NinjaPenguin @Blakers

Sidenote 2: Literally was looking around for the 7th player on the alive list. Turns out it was me. I wasted half an hour. Searching. For me.

Reads:
@Lord o da rings: hasn't said much recently. Lying low but school time for her so it makes sense. Neutral
@mordacazir: also has been lying low and did a really in-depth analysis of rainy, maybe because he knew he was town and was trying to push lynch... idk. Neutral
@Professor Palutena: subbed in late and I feel has something to hide. This could be a town power role or a scum role. Neutral
@Celever: Has a vote weight increase in his role. We've already come up with yesterday that this would be incredibly over-powered for scum to have. Town
@quakingpunch73: Claimed Mario and everything fits. @NinjaPenguin, is it possible for scum to tailor their own safeclaims, if they have one? On that note, nobody has counter-claimed, which usually would lead to a lynch on one. Town
@bbninjas: ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Neutral

If you had to lynch someone right now, who would you lynch? You have mostly neutral reads, so I'd expect you'd to be doing something about that. Waiting around for them to be resolved really isn't going to change anything.

Celever, why are you voting for a confo town?

If you had to lynch someone right now, who would you lynch? You have mostly neutral reads, so I'd expect you'd to be doing something about that. Waiting around for them to be resolved really isn't going to change anything.
Honestly it's a toss up between mordacazir and lord. But may I ask you something? What is Philanthropist? Is that one of your abilities? I targeted you with a roleblock ability but apparently somebody (I'm presuming you) had an ability used on me or passive that triggered and I used something called Philanthropist, which I don't know what that is or what it does because it's not in my role.

For your neutral reads, which are leaning town and which are leaning scum?
@Professor Palutena - Scum Leaning I remember you being more vocal in the past, however it's definitely a weak read because you just haven't said much.
@Haunted Water - Town Leaning You were frantic and panicky yesterday. You were under pressure, but if this is how you react under pressure then I guess I'll leave it be.
@bbninjas - Scum Leaning Again Epist being killed makes you look very shifty, and you could've gotten away with it seeing as both of you were kinda out of the spotlight.

@Celever, what's your opinion on Quaking's ability?

Reads:
100% false. I've been very active and vocal. I feel like you're just trying to put a target on my back, which is scummy.
Celever, why are you voting for a confo town?
Quaking is not confo town. Nobody is. You bringing this up worries me a lot.
Honestly it's a toss up between mordacazir and lord.
Other reasons? Because "hasn't said much recently" is false, and "lying low" is also false. These make me look like I'm inactive, and I'm for sure not.

Quaking is probably an indie and there's no scumhunting going on rn meanwhile I dont have much time so I'm kinda relying on the others to scumhunt.

100% false. I've been very active and vocal. I feel like you're just trying to put a target on my back, which is scummy.
You've been a bit dodgy. The only help you've been was hinting that scum may have a vet coaching rainy, iirc.
But rainy is dead, and flipped Town. That argument stands no longer.

Quaking is not confo town. Nobody is. You bringing this up worries me a lot.
Indie or not I have no reason to believe he poses a threat to Town.
And Celever is almost 100% confirmed as having a scum that can have a +3 vw is just ridiculous, even by my standards of hosting.

Other reasons? Because "hasn't said much recently" is false, and "lying low" is also false. These make me look like I'm inactive, and I'm for sure not.
Everytime I've thrown any bit of doubt your way you've reacted very aggressively. Like you have something to hide...

So, care for anymore explanations?

Still not a fan of Celever's insistance on quaking not being town. Comes across as desperate. Only scum would be trying to disprove a all-but-confirmed town.

##VOTE: Celever

FTR Celever keeps saying his role is weak/under-powered, and mayor roles are usually not flashy due to how vote weight increase roles work.

Scum mayors do exist and I think it lines up perfectly with everything he's been crumbling.

You've been a bit dodgy. The only help you've been was hinting that scum may have a vet coaching rainy, iirc.
But rainy is dead, and flipped Town. That argument stands no longer.
Can you tell me what you've done then? I looked back D3 and saw nothing notable from you.
And Celever is almost 100% confirmed as having a scum that can have a +3 vw is just ridiculous, even by my standards of hosting.
You realize that we need to lynch anyone who isn't aligned with us right? You're basically saying that Quaking could very well be an indie, but you don't care. If he is an indie, he wouldn't be a benign one either. Celever is also not confirmed town. What Prof is saying is true, scum mayors do exist, and it hasn't been ruled out for this game either. You should never out rule someone of being scum simply because of their vote weight.
Everytime I've thrown any bit of doubt your way you've reacted very aggressively. Like you have something to hide...
This is hypocritical. I made a case on you D3 that turned out to be invalid, sure, but you still reacted panicky and aggressive, just as you are now. Anyone could use the exact same thing as evidence in a case on you, but I don't see it as sufficient evidence for anything at this point, as people usually change when under pressure. This isn't out of character for me, or you.
FTR Celever keeps saying his role is weak/under-powered, and mayor roles are usually not flashy due to how vote weight increase roles work.

Scum mayors do exist and I think it lines up perfectly with everything he's been crumbling.
Question, what has he "been crumbling" that sticks out? What about it makes him being a scum mayor a possibility? My only concern here is that wouldn't the scum, especially if Celever were scum, be smarter than that?

Question, what has he "been crumbling" that sticks out? What about it makes him being a scum mayor a possibility? My only concern here is that wouldn't the scum, especially if Celever were scum, be smarter than that?
From what I recall, every time Celever mentions his role, he says it's weak. This includes the latest mention where his role was actually buffed, and he apparently didn't notice it because his role is still weak.

Scum mayor doesn't sound weak at first glance, but Celever is also the guy who thought a multi-shot Janitor wasn't OP...

Celever has been playing scummy with his reactions to quaking; his supposed mayor role has nothing to do with it. We honestly know nothing about his role other than it affects vote weight, so it might not even be a mayor. But again, that's role spec and I hate role spec. Which is why I'm not a fan of people soft-clearing Celever soley based off of his role, which, again, we know hardly anything about. A role is not indicative of alignment.

I don't try to get into "wouldn't X" scenarios because it doesn't help the scumhunt since they're hypothetical. We ultimately can't answer the question because we don't know who the players involved are. But I'm not sure what you think by saying "smarter than that". Scum Celever has town assuming he's town solely because of his role, which sounds like a smart idea in theory because mayors are traditionally town on PB.

Honestly it's a toss up between mordacazir and lord.
What's scummier about morda (and lord, although you've sorta answered that) than Prof P/Cel/me to make you prefer their lynch?

But may I ask you something? What is Philanthropist? Is that one of your abilities? I targeted you with a roleblock ability but apparently somebody (I'm presuming you) had an ability used on me or passive that triggered and I used something called Philanthropist, which I don't know what that is or what it does because it's not in my role.
Nope, and I didn't use anything on you, or have that passive. I did however have a dramatic increase in coins during the night, and considering what Philanthropist means, I assume that you gave them to me.

Still not a fan of Celever's insistance on quaking not being town. Comes across as desperate. Only scum would be trying to disprove a all-but-confirmed town.

##VOTE: Celever
From what I recall, every time Celever mentions his role, he says it's weak. This includes the latest mention where his role was actually buffed, and he apparently didn't notice it because his role is still weak.

Scum mayor doesn't sound weak at first glance, but Celever is also the guy who thought a multi-shot Janitor wasn't OP...

Celever has been playing scummy with his reactions to quaking; his supposed mayor role has nothing to do with it. We honestly know nothing about his role other than it affects vote weight, so it might not even be a mayor. But again, that's role spec and I hate role spec. Which is why I'm not a fan of people soft-clearing Celever soley based off of his role, which, again, we know hardly anything about. A role is not indicative of alignment.

I don't try to get into "wouldn't X" scenarios because it doesn't help the scumhunt since they're hypothetical. We ultimately can't answer the question because we don't know who the players involved are. But I'm not sure what you think by saying "smarter than that". Scum Celever has town assuming he's town solely because of his role, which sounds like a smart idea in theory because mayors are traditionally town on PB.
1. Why do you think that Celever pushing for quaking is abnormal for town Celever?
2. Why would scum Celever be desperate enough to push quaking as an indie if he could literally choose anyone else and push for them?
3. Why is quaking an all-but-confirmed town?
4. Why does this first post sound like you're rushing to complete it?
5. Why is Celever saying his role is weak indication that he's crumbling?
6. Why would Celever even be crumbling in the first place?
7. Why do you say the bolded and then procede to speculate on Celever's role, how a mayor could be scum and generally try to justify these things?

Can you tell me what you've done then? I looked back D3 and saw nothing notable from you.
Man, its a shame I didn't call rainy out on possibly being scum, or I didn't say that Celever is pretty much Town for having a vw role. Oh wait. I did. You pushed me on D3 and got the same results you're getting now, with me realizing your argument is kapoot. You then said someone could be coaching rainy, which obviously isn't happening.

You realize that we need to lynch anyone who isn't aligned with us right? You're basically saying that Quaking could very well be an indie, but you don't care. If he is an indie, he wouldn't be a benign one either. Celever is also not confirmed town. What Prof is saying is true, scum mayors do exist, and it hasn't been ruled out for this game either. You should never out rule someone of being scum simply because of their vote weight.
In case you didn't catch this:
Never did I say he shouldn't be lynched, but it'd be a waste as he's not a threat.

There's a difference between how either of us have reacted. If I was reacting in the same mindset, I would've done this with everyone of Epist's arguments in D2. But I couldn't counter them because they were decently pointed. Yours seems frantic, especially since I kinda gave you benefit of the doubt.

What's scummier about morda (and lord, although you've sorta answered that) than Prof P/Cel/me to make you prefer their lynch?
morda has been lying low and I don't like that. However from what I see right now Prof is scummy as his arguments aren't adding up. Celever I don't believe is scum for aforementioned reasons.

And that business that happened last night gives me a weird feeling of "what in tarnation" about you.

I was going to comment on this earlier but forgot. Why don't you think that quaking would be a threat if he's indie? He's got a vig shot, and there's absolutely no reason why he couldn't be lying about having any more if he's indie.

Man, its a shame I didn't call rainy out on possibly being scum, or I didn't say that Celever is pretty much Town for having a vw role.
What's so great about these things? Anyone can speculate about Celever being more likely town because he had a vw role, and calling out rainy is only a single instance.

morda has been lying low and I don't like that. However from what I see right now Prof is scummy as his arguments aren't adding up. Celever I don't believe is scum for aforementioned reasons.
Since when on what day would you say that morda has been lying low?

And that business that happened last night gives me a weird feeling of "what in tarnation" about you.
Your read on me seems to have consistently been a "weird feeling".

What's so great about these things? Anyone can speculate about Celever being more likely town because he had a vw role, and calling out rainy is only a single instance.
I'm not saying they're great, just listing on what I did yesterday.

Since when on what day would you say that morda has been lying low?
He dodged a sub on Day 2 and has contributing bare minimum, I feel.

Your read on me seems to have consistently been a "weird feeling".
Because I can't get a solid read off of you without throwing off the puzzle I'm working on that is this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back