Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I'm not sure who to vote. I'll reiterate that I don't think mirdo is scum based on the towntells I've noticed, and the evidence for their lynch isn't much more than any other's. No, I don't think that information > likely town, because WIFOM happens and I'm not confident that people will actually use the information. I'm inclined to go for Jesi because she's being hypocritical, but the dilemna is that what she is doing is nothing particularly abnormal in comparison to her town play. The best lead I've got is on Haunted with his weird push on people (mainly me) for p'much playing the game, and suddenly dropping the mirdo lead, but even then, that's not much.

Your best lead is the one I voted for and is still the best lynching candidate. The results of mirdo's flip make the case even stronger against Haunted, who rallied everyone against mirdo...and now another townie is eliminated. He avoided providing us the evidence that could have saved mirdo from an unnecessary lynching.

##VOTE: Haunted Waters

In my regards, bbninjas falls under some suspicion. He's trying to lead the town and I have seen no evidence behind him actually being confirmed town. Im not ruling out possible town, but he could easily be a wolf in sheeps clothing.

But why did you just go along with it? It's day one. Voting is a joke on D1 and I would've tried to press people to find answers. Bandwagoning is a scumtell. I want to hear more about your reasoning, and I would like to hear from @bbninjas about his reasons for his vote as well. So, I'm going to throw some pressure.

I have reason to believe mirdo might be town due to sufficient evidence. I apologize for my long absence, I was a bit busy today.

Please expand on the "sufficient evidence" that makes you think Mirdo is town.

FTR, I never rallied anyone. There were two people who voted for him before I had even thought about it. And I had evidence to believe he was Town, and oh would you look at that. He was. Mordacazir and rainy both voted for him rather quickly, yet you tunneled me for saying "I have evidence to believe he is Town." Mirdo even backpedaled, which gave conviction that he may actually be scum. Furthermore, this in bold:

I think the mirdo lynch might be a better option for today. Jesi's still been low on activity, but she could still be subbed out if need be, and her lynch provides less information than mirdo's would. Jesi's provides info on Celever, myself, and Lorde, while mirdo's provides info on bb, Haunted, Epist, and everyone else who have commented on the lynch. A wider variety of information could help immensely going into Day 3. I definitely think his dodging of bb's question earlier in the day was suspicious. I'm not placing a vote for now though, mainly because both Jesi's and mirdo's lynches are solid and I don't want the lottery to happen, but @NinjaPenguin, does everyone need a vote placed by the end of the day? The OP makes it seem like it.

Why would I push a lynch if I knew I might be outed as scum if I was scum? That'd be stupid to do.

@rainyman123 flew under the radar after that vote. Care to weigh in?

....there's no night phase? I'm a bit shook. But uh, I guess we'll keep going.

I wanted to catch up on the thread during the night phase, because I noticed half way through the day that my alerts broke and didn't have good opportunity to catch up. Basically all I've see is that mirdo died, and it looks like he supported a HW lynch, who also pushed mirdo's lynch, so it could have been OMGUS.

For now I have a theory on bbninjas, but I want to ISO him on Day 2.

I was hoping to read back during the night, but it seems like I'll have to do so later today.
Are we not going to address the fact that a night phase was skipped?
It was, but it's clear it was the result of the stage effect and not an ability, and since the cause is obvious and seemingly random, there's really nothing to discuss about it, aside from the fact that we have more time to gain information.
Why would I push a lynch if I knew I might be outed as scum if I was scum? That'd be stupid to do.
I never said that you were scum if mirdo flipped town.

FTR, I never rallied anyone. There were two people who voted for him before I had even thought about it. And I had evidence to believe he was Town, and oh would you look at that. He was. Mordacazir and rainy both voted for him rather quickly, yet you tunneled me for saying "I have evidence to believe he is Town." Mirdo even backpedaled, which gave conviction that he may actually be scum. Furthermore, this in bold:
The issue is that you made this vague comment randomly after putting some pressure on him, where in fact explaining this "evidence" could have prevented the lynch of a townie, if the evidence actually existed. But that didn't happen.

....there's no night phase? I'm a bit shook. But uh, I guess we'll keep going.

I wanted to catch up on the thread during the night phase, because I noticed half way through the day that my alerts broke and didn't have good opportunity to catch up. Basically all I've see is that mirdo died, and it looks like he supported a HW lynch, who also pushed mirdo's lynch, so it could have been OMGUS.

For now I have a theory on bbninjas, but I want to ISO him on Day 2.
I'm looking forward to it.

Also, the weekend is coming up in a day, so I'm definitely going to do at least one ISO during then.

Okay I think I understand a bit but I'm on phone so RIP informative posts...

Top scum reads are Cel, BB and Jesi.

Town read is HW. Neutral on the rest.

@rainyman123 flew under the radar after that vote. Care to weigh in?
This entire post is a frantic panic. This could just be the result of pressure but this is to be noted.

[Spoiler: Updated Reads]
@quakingpunch73 - He subbed in during Day 2, and he doesn't look the slightest bit scummy to me. Town
@PikaMasterJesi - My position on her has not changed at all. Hypocritical, trying to fly under the radar, and her actions in Day 2 still convince me this is a solid lynch. Scum
@Haunted Water - Okay you went from a town to scum read ridiculously fast. You said you'd ask bb some questions later (which is weird to begin with) to base your read off, then you never did. Maybe this is just bad town play but apparently you've been here for awhile. Neutral
@bbninjas - Well, mirdo was lynched, and we got our info. Your whole thing about defending mirdo seemed pretty calculated and well thought out, however mirdo flipped town, which means you coulda just honestly thought he was town. Again, this is bbninjas we're talking about. Neutral
@Celever - While he's still bothered me, his return to his state of calm has me confused. Still, IDK[/Spoiler]

mirdo flipping townie makes me think more about Cel being scum, even though he was silenced yesterday. I'm not really sure excatly how I flew under your radar, but I'm p sure I'm not the only one who voted mirdo, so I really don't know why I'm on your radar now.

Also guys, my heads a bit tired from my finals today and, since my siblings got too much energy today, that too. I might not be active for the rest of the week.

Oh wow, Night 2 got completely skipped. Did not see that coming.

I think the lynch on Mirdo was stupid, combined with the fact that HW had "evidence" that made him town but didn't reveal it, and I don't believe has even now.

For the record, I was writing this post before I got tagged. That just reminded me to finish the post.

@Celever - While he's still bothered me, his return to his state of calm has me confused. Still, IDK
The state of calm was probably because he got silenced and had time to calm down. He thinks he would have run under the radar, but that's wrong...

##Vote: Celever

You're still one of my biggest scumreads, though HW's up there now because of his Mirdo shenanigans.

Okay, I think I'm understanding.

Cel and bb are top scum reads because of their overly aggressive play on Day 1. This is especially noteworthy for Cel, who otherwise hates aggressive play (see, my play in Superheros). This is also out of character for bb, and I know it's been compared to camo which is super fitting. This taken together with the plea to "be active", which is an easy statement to make for town cred, has me worried. Also want to point how both players stopped once people called them out for it. This suggests that this change in playstyle was deliberate

Also want to point out bb's insistence on role spec regarding Cel's vote weight. Saying "scum have never had 3 vote weight is unbalanced" does not mean it's true. We've had super unbalanced scum roles in the past (multi-shot janitor anyone?), and role spec does not confirm/deny the existance of the role. Additionally, we don't know the scum team composition or how the game was balanced, and it's entirely possible the game was balanced with a triplevote scum.

Scumread on Jesi is because she always manages to come across super scummy to me yet I have no idea as to why that happens. Constant fluff posting, yet simutanously accusing others of fluff, has to be part of the reason though.

##VOTE: bbninjas

Also that simsands lynch was awful...

The state of calm was probably because he got silenced and had time to calm down. He thinks he would have run under the radar, but that's wrong...

##Vote: Celever

You're still one of my biggest scumreads, though HW's up there now because of his Mirdo shenanigans.
What makes Celever one of your biggest scumreads?

Okay, I think I'm understanding.

Cel and bb are top scum reads because of their overly aggressive play on Day 1. This is especially noteworthy for Cel, who otherwise hates aggressive play (see, my play in Superheros). This is also out of character for bb, and I know it's been compared to camo which is super fitting.
I want to make it very clear that neither of us have played anything like Camo. Camo is over the top, extremely aggressive, doesn't explain etc etc... Just being aggressive does not equate to 'playing like Camo'. Making these comparisons is both unfair and exaggerated, and as Camo's play has negative conotations, it's even more anti-town. I pretty sure I spent a solid paragraph during Day 1 explaining why we shouldn't just lightly compare aggressiveness to Camo's play.

Also, uh, please explain how this is out of character... you haven't even played with me for a while now. >.>

This taken together with the plea to "be active", which is an easy statement to make for town cred, has me worried. Also want to point how both players stopped once people called them out for it. This suggests that this change in playstyle was deliberate
When did I 'plea', what's so worrying about saying "be active", and when did this calling out happen? If people think that posting "be active" is worthy of town cred (and no, it's not), then good for them, and that shouldn't worry about you?

Also want to point out bb's insistence on role spec regarding Cel's vote weight. Saying "scum have never had 3 vote weight is unbalanced" does not mean it's true. We've had super unbalanced scum roles in the past (multi-shot janitor anyone?), and role spec does not confirm/deny the existance of the role. Additionally, we don't know the scum team composition or how the game was balanced, and it's entirely possible the game was balanced with a triplevote scum.
What 'insistence'? I said something about Cel's vote weight maybe once or twice, and not after a few others made a comment on it. It was a throw-away comment in the midst of a bunch of other conversation, definitely not even a sub point, which you are now taking out of context.

Scumread on Jesi is because she always manages to come across super scummy to me yet I have no idea as to why that happens. Constant fluff posting, yet simutanously accusing others of fluff, has to be part of the reason though.
So, Jesi always manages to come across super scummy [even when town], and you think she's scum because of it? This doesn't make sense.

##VOTE: bbninjas

Also that simsands lynch was awful...
What was awful about it? What should have happened? This sort of vague statement helps noone.

OK, Prof's case on bb as well as the seeming exclusivity of accusations being thrown only at experienced players has convinced me to drop my hunch on bb. It's still in the back of my mind, but involves role stuff. Nothing major whatsoever, of course.

On the other hand, both of the lynches thus far have been on relatively inexperienced players, both being led by experienced ones at that. This correlation is worrying to say the least.

Finally, the rainy hunch is decent.

Daily Vote Count
@Celever (1): PikaMasterJesi (454-)
@bbninjas (1): Professor Palutena (456-)
@Haunted Water (1): Epist (441-)
Not Receiving Votes: (rainyman123, Professor Palutena, PikaMasterJesi, Lord o da rings, Epist, quakingpunch73, mordacazir)

Thanks for being as active as you have been today, considering the fact you were probably planning for today being the Night phase. I'm going to tag @mordacazir, to be sure he's seen that the day has started.

I missed this last night, so I'll address this now:
I really don't know why I'm on your radar now.
Let me explain.

mirdo flipping townie makes me think more about Cel being scum, even though he was silenced yesterday.
And how so? You literally acknowledge that he had no hand in yesterday's lynch, but say he's scum otherwise. These things don't add up.

I'm not really sure excatly how I flew under your radar
Because you were active enough to evade being mentioned for an MK or sub, but were barely around enough to contribute, only to vote and unvote mirdo, probably when it suited your scum interests the best.

but I'm p sure I'm not the only one who voted mirdo
Correct. I believe he was voted for seven times, and you voted for him second. Then you took your vote off and vanished for a bit only to come back when the Town was put under the threat of lottery and throw a vote back on mirdo. This makes me think you are scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back