Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're nearing the end of signups and we don't even have 14 players. At this point, we could cut the roles to 14 or 16, but we couldn't go any lower. What are your thoughts on if we don't reach that number in time (what number should we wait for)?
To be honest, getting more than 14 playeyrs while also maintaining enough subs was unlikely to happen. I'd suggest sticking with 14 players, especially because if you do get more, you'll need them for subs. Else, you might find yourself modkilling people, and that will screw with game balance.

To be honest, getting more than 14 playeyrs while also maintaining enough subs was unlikely to happen. I'd suggest sticking with 14 players, especially because if you do get more, you'll need them for subs. Else, you might find yourself modkilling people, and that will screw with game balance.
At this point, we're going to cut to 14 players unless 3+ players join today. You'll need to give us a day or two to adjust the game for that number of players, so expect roles to be sent on Tuesday/Wednesday.

I would like to join in if possible, as a sub or otherwise...
You been added as a sub. Be sure to follow along when the game starts so you can be the best if/when you sub in! Since you're are first new player this game, I'll also suggest you read up on past game to get an idea of what's going on.
Speaking of the game starting, expect roles to be sent at 8:00 AM EST tomorrow.

You been added as a sub. Be sure to follow along when the game starts so you can be the best if/when you sub in! Since you're are first new player this game, I'll also suggest you read up on past game to get an idea of what's going on.
Speaking of the game starting, expect roles to be sent at 8:00 AM EST tomorrow.

Will do, thanks!

All the roles are basically done, but there are a couple of things related to the game that need to be worked on. That means we'll probably have to delay Game Start another 12/24 hours. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I'm ready to send out roles, but I have to go soon, and it would be good for everyone to receive their roles at approximately the same time. You'll get them this afternoon.

Roles are now being sent. Please like this post to confirm you have received your role (don't like it beforehand). Once we get 12 likes, the game will start.

All roles have now been sent. You may still not talk in the thread, though you may talk in QTs. For your convenience, here is a quick Role FAQ (I'll add to it if I get any broad questions):
What does it mean when an ability says "Hidden: Revealed ___"?
This ability is currently in effect, but you do not know what it does. Once the condition for it to be revealed is met, you will learn the ability.

Why does my No Action Bonus say N/A?
For some reason, you may not get coins off of not using that action. Perhaps you are required to do it?

What are coins used for?

If you get 20 coins, you get a Superstar, which allows you to use your Superstar Ability. There may or may not be other ways that coins can be used.

I have some other question about my role.
Don't be afraid to ask it! The worst thing that can happen is we can't confirm or deny what you are asking.
In addition, please be sure to double check the rules. I don't want to have to sub out anyone out because of a simple reading error.
Please note that not all roles are exactly the same when it comes to syntax. I've already noticed a couple of discrepancies between syntax on some roles.
Finally, I'd like to add a rule I forgot to mention before. Do not post QT links. For those who have been sent a QT link in their role PM, I will provide your role without the QT link, for easier claiming.

Last edited:
The moments after Bowser stole the Dazzling Star washed into a blur. When everything calmed down, the group was suddenly larger than it had been before. The heroes decided it would be best to have a meeting around a campfire to decide what should happen.
Peach: Guys, how are we going the get the Dazzling Star back?
Toad: By getting rid of those pesky minions, of course. If we get rid of them, we can easily find and acquire the Dazzling Star.
The heroes slowly began to nod in agreement, until suddenly, a member of the group spoke in a strange voice.
Bowser: Get rid of us. As if.
Nobody could quite tell who said it, but they all gasped. Suddenly, Toadette spoke.
Toadette: They're taking over us. Run!!!
Waluigi: Don't be an idiot. They've only taken over some of us. We'll just have to weed those people out.
At this moment, Mario stepped out.
Mario: I propose that every day, we banish one of our own. That way, we'll easily get those Minions.
Everyone nodded at Mario, and he continued to speak
Mario: We shall have our first meeting tomorrow at the crack of dawn. I'll see you then.
All the heroes (and villains) went their separate ways, optimistic about them winning this battle. It was primed to be a great conflict.
Night 0 starts now. Only actions that explicitly say you may use them on Night 0 may be used. Night 0 will end at 8:00 AM EST on Saturday. Here's a countdown for your convenience.
I still need @mirdo to like the confirmation post.
P.S.
Do not post QT links. For those who have been sent a QT link in their role PM, I will provide your role without the QT link, for easier claiming.
To clarify, this also means within QTs themselves.

Last edited:
The heroes, restless, were up at night, when Luigi decided to text the group.
Luigi: Hey guys, where should we meet?
The replies started to flood in immediately.
Daisy: What would you think about some place romantic? <3
Waluigi: What about my personal island?
Shy Guy: My train is always open for business!
Koopa: What would you think about a free trip to my Seaside Soiree?
Yoshi: If that sounds good, why not come to my tropical island?
Toad: We need to come to a consensus!
Luigi: I have a spinner. Why don't we spin that?
Mario: Sounds good to me.
Luigi: It landed on Waluigi's Island. Shall we go there?
Rosalina: Sounds good to me!

When the heroes arrived at Waluigi's Island, they still had some questions:
Whomp: What do we do when we vote someone out?
Peach: Let's confine them here until this is all over. That way, they won't interfere with us anymore.
Mario: That's great, honey, but how do we incentivize being a good person?
Toad: Why don't I give bonus awards for good behavior? What do you think about the Correctness Award, Competency Award, Speed Award, Intelligence Award, and Helpfulness Award?
Tumble: Those sound like good qualities to me!
MC Ballyhoo: And I'll start you all off with 10 Coins! I'm almost feeling lightheaded just thinking about it!
All players have now received 10 coins. In addition, the stage for today is Waluigi's Island.
Day 1 starts now, and will last 120 hours. It will end at 8:00 AM EST on Thursday, May 25th. Here's a countdown for your convenience.

Last edited:
Also, we have 14 players alive, therefore 8 votes are required to lynch by majority.

Okay guys, so we've only got 96 hours for this Day. I'm pretty sure that's shorter then what we're used to, or at least, what I'm used to, so we don't have time to spare for any dry periods.

tl;dr Let's be active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back