Finished Mafia LXI: Forest Fire: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
@Jadethepokemontrainer sorry i havent said much lol, just havent been on PB very much, and havent expected for there to be this much conversation

idk what to really think about anyone in terms of being town or scum yet, its hard

I dont remember you answering my question. Can you gibve the name of a player you feel is probably the less scummy so far?

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
I've called one obviously bad ephe post bad. In what universe is that any form of practical distancing. It doesn't muddy any potential connection really

Well, it might just end up looking bad maybe but I just think it's off that you never answered or related to the accusasions regarding you and eph. Nor to the opposite that suggests that you are probably not scum together, which I was what I said. When looking at how you immediately responded to posts at the beginning even if it was just a fluf perhaps, it is off to me that you went that silent. We can all blame IRL things but still it's a thing that right now makes me suspect that you were trying to get under the radar.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
@Ephemera, I think you need to either drop this list, or get legitimate reasons for pushing one of the people on it. No one else can have legitimate reasons for thinking there's scum in vom/cel/bb/mega because no one actually knows your alignment. If you're town then you need to work outside of your "I'm town" paradigm and find something that is actually persuasive. If you're scum then keep doing what you're doing because no one is going to buy this.

Aside, I do have a question for you. What do you think about eliminating Celever today? He's a good player but difficult to read, so we either get a confo-town who can still post because eliminated people just become tree stumps; or we get a scum who is lurking and basically impossible to read.

1) hm, makes sense somewhat. Even from an outside perspective I think it's quite likely there's scum on my wagon, but I'll go over people's supposed reasons for getting on my wagon later, when I have more time and I'm more awake.

2) I'd like to see what Cel has to say first, but initial thoughts are that I'm down for a Cel wagon.

Also, you bring up a good point – if we miseliminate a town tree (not the firefighter), we get a player who's basically an inno child (inno child, or innocent child, is a town player who is host confirmed to be town) – the treestump just won't have a vote.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
more stuff to define btw:

wagonomics - i'm not 100% sure if i understood the concept correctly, but basically looking at wagons and trying to see where scum could be (on-wagon, counter-wagon if applicable, off-wagon)
wagon/s - the player/s getting voted
v/w - villager/wolf. w/w, v/v, and v/w are ways of describing what interactions look like: wolf/wolf, town/town, town/wolf, etc.

@Fiery_Lugia it can be pretty hard to read people at first – some things I use are "do people believe what they're saying, or are they pushing an agenda?" or "does this action, read, or thought make sense from a town mindset?" Reads can and will be bad, but it really never hurts to share what you're thinking, even the smallest ideas.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Sorry, forgot to put my question to Lily in that last post lol.

@Lily who do you think are genuine, or solving from a town mindset? who do you think are suspicious?

Ephemera

just a little longer...
(oh there's another member named lily i don't know why i didn't realize that)

on the bright side, that member's been inactive for years, so i didn't just ping someone in a mafia game that they're not in – or rather, i didn't ping someone who'll see it :p

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Very insightful posts coming from Amici, I'm liking this.
Really? She made like 3 posts and those two lines, while they are good points, are the only salvageable part I could see.
No one else can have legitimate reasons for thinking there's scum in vom/cel/bb/mega because no one actually knows your alignment. If you're town then you need to work outside of your "I'm town" paradigm and find something that is actually persuasive. If you're scum then keep doing what you're doing because no one is going to buy this.
I buy this. I can see scum wanting in on the Ephe wagon, especially without having to watch out for a hammer. Honestly, I'm surprised you don't, you actually seem to outright dismiss the possibility for no apparent reason. Also, yes I understand you already think I'm the nitpick queen, but "no one is going to buy this"? I can't tell if you want Ephemera to keep digging at it or to back off.
Aside, I do have a question for you. What do you think about eliminating Celever today? He's a good player but difficult to read, so we either get a confo-town who can still post because eliminated people just become tree stumps; or we get a scum who is lurking and basically impossible to read.
Not directed at me, but it kinda came out of nowhere so I'm pitching in. Why would you pitch an inactive lim at this point? Do you really wanna settle for the coin flip when we have better candidates? Lynching Celever is not a win-win (especially in this small set up), if he's town then yeah I guess he could still post but I don't see him suddenly coming back from the dead and being more active than he was already, plus we would lose numbers and potential info we could get from literally any other elimination. It's just such a bad idea at this point in time that I have trouble seeing town!bb pitching it.
I reckon @Vom is tunneling Eph to the detriment of the town atm; she's arguing over nitpicks and minor contradictions and not digging up anything new, it's basically smoke and mirrors. Also - Vom seems to only respond to other people's posts when they mention her in them (i.e. she's not participating in the other discussions happening around her unless it actually pertains her). Vom doesn't seem to be working with the town, she seems to be playing a self-preservation game instead
That is straight up not true - I have stuck my nose in plenty of other places (like scattered/amici/jade/now you) and half of those did not pertain to me at all. Most of my posts focus on Ephemera because they are the most responsive and active of the bunch and so the back and forth goes much faster.

Besides, if it's all "smoke and mirrors", how come your vote's still on Ephemera? Your mouth is not where your money is.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
What is your reasoning for supporting the Cel wagon?

Cel: not much content of note. I said I didn't like his tone too much (admittedly that's pretty weak but I'll take what I get) but I feel like his lack of content isn't great. His RVS vote ended up on me, and even at that point I was being suspected, so it felt like putting more momentum on my ml.

Didn't like this quote much. I know fluff isn't indicative of like, anything, but the fact that there was discussion and conversation between me and amici means there could be stuff derived from that. Felt like scum hanging back. Moderate suspicion on this slot.

The quote mentioned was the one where he said he enjoyed the interaction between me/amici. Would quote it but it's not working for now, basically looked like there was something happening, but he didn't feel like he needed to contribute.

In addition, cel's very low postcount gives me scum lurker vibes. Could change if/when cel rejoins the thread, but as of right now I don't mind a wagon on cel.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
vom/bb interaction on instinct doesn't read like v/v

not 100% sure of that, but could use a closer look.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Oh wow I can't believe I forgot about meta lol

Personally I think meta isn't the be-all and end-all for reads, but it can certainly help, so let's check:

Admittedly I've never played with scum!scattered, but scattered's posts this game read like his two games with me, where he was town.
@scattered mind what was your last scumgame? I'd like to read it for reference.

I don't like cel's grand total of 4 posts – although if there's a real life explanation for this i understand. But from what little I've seen of Cel's play he's usually more active? I think?

I have a little experience with town!jade, feels similar here. only time i've played with scum!jade he subbed out so idk. Still, his game now feels like his town game.

don't have mafia experience with vom/bb/mega/lily/amici iirc

@people who have maf history with each other – any people playing like they normally do for town/scum?

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Oh wow I can't believe I forgot about meta lol

Personally I think meta isn't the be-all and end-all for reads, but it can certainly help, so let's check:

Admittedly I've never played with scum!scattered, but scattered's posts this game read like his two games with me, where he was town.
@scattered mind what was your last scumgame? I'd like to read it for reference.

I don't like cel's grand total of 4 posts – although if there's a real life explanation for this i understand. But from what little I've seen of Cel's play he's usually more active? I think?

I have a little experience with town!jade, feels similar here. only time i've played with scum!jade he subbed out so idk. Still, his game now feels like his town game.

don't have mafia experience with vom/bb/mega/lily/amici iirc

@people who have maf history with each other – any people playing like they normally do for town/scum?
I honestly don’t remember.
Can you give me more of your input on bbninjas?

FrostyLily

ニャンパス~ (she/her)
if im quoting something, should i remove the @'s to other people?? i dont want to annoy anyone with meaningless @'s

Ephemera

just a little longer...
I don't think it matters too much, the people mentioned are going to be reading the thread anyhow.

Unless you mean my tag on the member whose username is Lily, in which case go for it if you want? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.