Finished Mafia LXI: Forest Fire: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Eph has consistently focused most of their attention on defending themself when under pressure, and focuses attention on solving when they're not under pressure. Eph's early Day 1 is an exception - she was more focused on OMGUSing people and often neglected to respond to the actual case on them (which is just as scummy). Honestly , I'm not seeing these things as a scumtell - if Eph's playstyle had changed massively over the course of the game, then it would suggest Eph is actively putting up a facade. However, Eph's playstyle hasn't really changed over time, which would suggest these quirks are inherent. i.e. Eph is just a scummy town and their playstyle is probably NAI. Eph seeming genuinely surprised that other people think she's not solving does support this.

oof

i assure you, i'm normally easier to find as town.

I will admit though, this game I haven't had a lot of motivation to solve. That's on me (although the constant pressure didn't really help I guess).

I'm about 2/5 of the way through my backread of the thread, will give a bigger post once I hit D1 EoD.

show it because I don’t remember talking to mega more than twice maybe.

nothing too major. just remember going over your early posts and seeing more mega mentions than anyone else at the time, when mega wasn't too much in the limelight. could be nothing, people interact with scum all the time.

bb's put himself in town's shoes a lot – as in, speaking for town quite a bit, leading town, etc. idk what this means necessarily (will probably combine this with my inital read later)

actually on rereading, i remember what D1 me felt really bad about with regards to bb's work:

He's leading town on while seeming reasonable.

Does this mean bb is scum? I don't know, and with the rest of the game's info I doubt it.

But on this reread I really can't count out the possibility that bb was bussing for towncred.

To further explain my bad feeling about D1 bb:

Besides the tunnel on me, a lot of his work involved discussing with others then redirecting those reads – as in, changing them in ways that suit his worldview more.
It came off as really agenda-y to me, what with the attempting to sway everyone to his mindset and all.

Example: I made a case on Cel. bb initially discredited the whole thing, then later retracted saying "Actually, I've reread your post Eph and I think there is indicative stuff in there which I would like to comment on once Celever provides those quotes. The basis of your case is NAI."

Now the Cel case was in thread, but it was shifted towards something bb wanted more.

My breakdown on Eph's Day 4 posts:

Categories: Self-defense, Solving, Neither
#454, #455, #456, #462, #463, [I call out Eph for not solving], #476, #485, #486, #489, #490, #492, #495, #495, #496, #487, #498

• #486, #490, #492 are just comments on Vom's "elim-the-primed" idea, which isn't really solving.
  • #496 is Eph's "okay some thoughts" post, and I'd argue that's the first substantial solving attempt we've seen from Eph today.
And I don't count either of these posts (#456 and #463) as solving because Eph's literally just saying "we need to be active" and "I'm going to read back", which again doesn't actually solve anything.

I think Eph has consistently focused most of their attention on defending themself when under pressure, and focuses attention on solving when they're not under pressure. Eph's early Day 1 is an exception - she was more focused on OMGUSing people and often neglected to respond to the actual case on them (which is just as scummy). Honestly , I'm not seeing these things as a scumtell - if Eph's playstyle had changed massively over the course of the game, then it would suggest Eph is actively putting up a facade. However, Eph's playstyle hasn't really changed over time, which would suggest these quirks are inherent. i.e. Eph is just a scummy town and their playstyle is probably NAI. Eph seeming genuinely surprised that other people think she's not solving does support this.

@Jabberwock this is why I've stopped basing my read on Eph based on how they solve.

Unfortunately, I've just come to this conclusion as I type this up, so this is a bit of a long-winded way of saying that I'm finding Eph really difficult to read. It's a lean-town though rn.
These are interesting points. I feel like Eph's done more solving than you give them credit for, but I can't point to a specific post that's making me say that off the top of my head. Developing reads based off information already in-thread (as opposed to gut feelings) is also something they've done a lot more of since D2, which isn't technically solving and as such might have skipped your radar for that post.

I think I'm gonna do my read-through once Eph has finished theirs. I believe we've got the time for that left in the Day, and I'm gonna be away most of the IRL day anyway.

@bbninjas you called for a mass readslist at the beginning of the Day; did you ever follow that up with a readslist of your own?

To further explain my bad feeling about D1 bb:

Besides the tunnel on me, a lot of his work involved discussing with others then redirecting those reads – as in, changing them in ways that suit his worldview more.
It came off as really agenda-y to me, what with the attempting to sway everyone to his mindset and all.

Example: I made a case on Cel. bb initially discredited the whole thing, then later retracted saying "Actually, I've reread your post Eph and I think there is indicative stuff in there which I would like to comment on once Celever provides those quotes. The basis of your case is NAI."

Now the Cel case was in thread, but it was shifted towards something bb wanted more.
I don't really get how it was shifted toward something bb wanted more?

I don't really get how it was shifted toward something bb wanted more?

kinda badly worded that, ngl.

It was more like – bb redirected cases to his favor, made it look like he was behind more of it than he was.
Anyhow (spoiler alert) I eventually came around to bb town, but noting this weird behavior D1 just in case.

I'm gonna work until D1 EoD then sleep. I should be able to get the rest out tomorrow.

For now, it's still looking like vom/jade are town. bb is kinda sus off of D1, but not sus off of later days, while my scattered read needs work and there's not a lot of posts to evaluate jabber by.

man reading bb's case on me makes me a lil irritated ngl
making walls and cases can't happen for me until i've solidified my interactions, and i dislike bb's heavy bias towards long cases – especially since the fact remains that PB is not a very high activity mafia site. It's hard to make long cases with tons of evidence when the people you're casing have a 20 post – or shorter – ISO.
it's a playstyle difference tho – i prefer real time interactions, blah blah blah.

enough griping from me about bb's tunnel though.

Day 4: Vote Count 2
scattered mind (1)-Jabberwock
Jabberwock (1)-Ephemera
Not Voting: bbninjas, Jadethepokemontrainer, scattered mind, Vom

If the day ended right now, the elimination would be randomly chosen between scattered mind and Jabberwock. There are 47 hours remaining in the day.

Vote History:
#20-Celever voted bbninjas
#23-Amici voted Celever
#27-Ephemera voted Celever
#30-Vom voted Fiery_Lugia
#32-Ephemera voted Vom
#41-Ephemera voted Ephemera
#42-Ephemera voted Vom
#47-Vom voted Ephemera
#51-Jadethepokemontrainer voted MegaPod_781
#55-Celever voted Ephemera
#81-MegaPod_781 voted bbninjas
#102-bbninjas voted Ephemera
#120-Ephemera voted bbninjas
#123-Ephemera voted MegaPod_781
#139-MegaPod_781 voted Ephemera
#151-Scattered mind voted Amici
#162-Ephemera voted Celever
#244-MegaPod_781 voted Celever
#249-Jadethepokemontrainer voted Celever
#268-scattered mind voted Fiery_Lugia
#276-Ephemera voted bbninjas
#288-scattered mind voted Celever
#297-Celever voted bbninjas
#302-Fiery_Lugia voted Celever
#304-Celever voted Amici
#308-MegaPod_781 voted bbninjas
#320-scattered mind voted bbninjas
#348-bbninjas voted MegaPod_781
#353-Amici voted Ephemera
#357-Vom voted scattered mind
#358-Ephemera voted bbninjas
#390-Jadethepokemontrainer voted MegaPod_781
#392-Ephemera voted Amici
#395-Vom voted MegaPod_781
#404-Vom voted scattered mind
#405-Ephemera voted Amici
#418-Jadethepokemontrainer voted Amici
#420-bbninjas voted Amici
#453-Jabberwock voted scattered mind
#454-Ephemera voted Jabberwock

If I'm missing any votes, please let me know. For the ease of making a votecount, it helps to bold votes if possible, but that is not required.

The following players have not posted in the past 24 hours and are being tagged (this isn't a warning or anything, just a reminder):
@Celever
@Jadethepokemontrainer

@Jabberwock Yeah, so I haven't posted a readlist yet, so I'll make that happen now. Reads pending change on vote analysis (in the next 8 hours) and on the backread (in the next 16 hours).

Jade: Town. Is firefighter, was perhaps the person most crucial in getting Mega eliminated. They had the power to elim me or Mega, but went for Mega.
Vom: Townie. The fact that they went for a Mega vote instead of a bbn vote when both were valid options is my main reason here. I am a little suspicious of Vom since I feel they were not committed to the Mega vote until the last second (it sort of came out of nowhere). Vom bussing Mega is still possible; the issue is that both the bbn and mega votes would have been good for scum!Vom. Today, I feel her scumhunting isn't as strong as Jabber's, but I'm not finding it scummy either. Asking for firefighter claims is scummy, but she retracted that nearly immediately (while attempting to give an explaination, which is townie way to retract - it means Vom actually had a reason). Their "elim a primed" idea is a townie idea, not a scum idea (unless scum!Vom is convinced that Jade did not target their prime'd).
Jabber: Townie, perhaps on par with my Vom read. I have not found a single reason to read Jabber as scum at this point. Many many many strong points, and is solving on everyone. They've taken the lead in scumhunting today, which although scum can do this, leading scum don't usually have as strong points, and they don't tend to exert as much effort as Jabber has. Jabber even asking me to do reads is very town; scum could've let me forget about doing it.
scattered: Neutral, mostly due to PoE. I don't see a Mega x scattered scumteam due to how obviously Mega buddied with scattered. Scum very rarely buddy this obviously, especially in small games where the scumteam consist of just them and that buddy. They usually try to put distance between their scumbuddy. I feel scattered has been giving strong defenses and is clearly scumhunting at the sametime, which is difficult to do fake as scum. Scumtells are: not following up the Amici / Fiery cases back in Day 2.
Ephemera: Neutral, leaning scum. The main reason I've been reading Eph as town for so long is that they're didn't seem to care about being lynched at the end of Day 1. That's not good enough for me now; it can be faked. On the other hand, they've been very scummy: consistently has reads that lack substance, more focused on self-defense then solving. I feel their reads are unclear right now. Lots of "could maybes", is not making much stick. The point that could save Eph is that Mega seemingly voted for Eph on Day 1 with intent to eliminate, Eph is town in this case. I don't like how Eph subtly brought up this vote on her in #497, it seems very sly.

@Ephemera, you don't need to be making walls to solve, and I have never said (and do not advocate) making walls to solve. Scattered isn't making walls but I think we can all agree that he's solving. I will be changing my mind on you about your solving if I see you actively coming to conclusion about who is and is not the Mega scumbuddy.

(I thought there were more unrefuted scumtells on scattered, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. @Everyone, what are the reasons that scattered is scum again?)

I'm slightly concerned about your town read on Jabber.

imo it's pretty darn easy to fake that level of solving, especially as lone scum subbing in who has to work alone.
Plus you really can't townread based on effort made.

If there were two scum left I would think you were buddies, since there's only one I'm a little confused.

and...
I was really trying to solve, okay.

I am on page... 11? of the backread, and was working on thoughts about who could be mega's scumbuddy.
While I'm working on that, I still have quite a few posts talking about my reads prior to backreading.
The fact that there's not much activity in thread besides me, and the fact that when there is activity, it's consistently accusing me of not solving, is kinda breaking my spirit.
If that's mafia, that's amazing – good job, I guess. But this is coming from bb – can this be mafia??? I don't know.
It's just really bad for my motivation to try and solve – apparently, nothing I can do makes bb think I'm solving.
I'm sorry, I guess.

I'm gonna be busy today, and honestly I can't make myself dedicate time to solve after this. Be back tomorrow.

One more thing before I put this game out of my mind.

@Jabberwock Yeah, so I haven't posted a readlist yet, so I'll make that happen now. Reads pending change on vote analysis (in the next 8 hours) and on the backread (in the next 16 hours).

Jade: Town. Is firefighter, was perhaps the person most crucial in getting Mega eliminated. They had the power to elim me or Mega, but went for Mega.
Vom: Townie. The fact that they went for a Mega vote instead of a bbn vote when both were valid options is my main reason here. I am a little suspicious of Vom since I feel they were not committed to the Mega vote until the last second (it sort of came out of nowhere). Vom bussing Mega is still possible; the issue is that both the bbn and mega votes would have been good for scum!Vom. Today, I feel her scumhunting isn't as strong as Jabber's, but I'm not finding it scummy either. Asking for firefighter claims is scummy, but she retracted that nearly immediately (while attempting to give an explaination, which is townie way to retract - it means Vom actually had a reason). Their "elim a primed" idea is a townie idea, not a scum idea (unless scum!Vom is convinced that Jade did not target their prime'd).
Jabber: Townie, perhaps on par with my Vom read. I have not found a single reason to read Jabber as scum at this point. Many many many strong points, and is solving on everyone. They've taken the lead in scumhunting today, which although scum can do this, leading scum don't usually have as strong points, and they don't tend to exert as much effort as Jabber has. Jabber even asking me to do reads is very town; scum could've let me forget about doing it.
scattered: Neutral, mostly due to PoE. I don't see a Mega x scattered scumteam due to how obviously Mega buddied with scattered. Scum very rarely buddy this obviously, especially in small games where the scumteam consist of just them and that buddy. They usually try to put distance between their scumbuddy. I feel scattered has been giving strong defenses and is clearly scumhunting at the sametime, which is difficult to do fake as scum. Scumtells are: not following up the Amici / Fiery cases back in Day 2.
Ephemera: Neutral, leaning scum. The main reason I've been reading Eph as town for so long is that they're didn't seem to care about being lynched at the end of Day 1. That's not good enough for me now; it can be faked. On the other hand, they've been very scummy: consistently has reads that lack substance, more focused on self-defense then solving. I feel their reads are unclear right now. Lots of "could maybes", is not making much stick. The point that could save Eph is that Mega seemingly voted for Eph on Day 1 with intent to eliminate, Eph is town in this case. I don't like how Eph subtly brought up this vote on her in #497, it seems very sly.

@Ephemera, you don't need to be making walls to solve, and I have never said (and do not advocate) making walls to solve. Scattered isn't making walls but I think we can all agree that he's solving. I will be changing my mind on you about your solving if I see you actively coming to conclusion about who is and is not the Mega scumbuddy.

I really hate how your Jabber read and your read on me come from different perspectives. For me, you flip back thinking... whatever it is that's been making you townread me could be faked. Then you don't consider the possibility that Jabber could be faking.

You've been chipping away at my motivation and spirit for a while. I really, honestly can't see a world where this comes from town, and if it is coming from town then I don't know what to do.

##UNVOTE: Jabberwock
##VOTE: bbninjas

If you have any questions for me, I'll address them tomorrow if they aren't about "Eph consistently not solving" or "Eph always having weak reads."

I'm just... gonna go do other stuff I guess.
Bye.

I'm slightly concerned about your town read on Jabber.

imo it's pretty darn easy to fake that level of solving, especially as lone scum subbing in who has to work alone.
Plus you really can't townread based on effort made.
Plus the very important fact that I can't see anything scummy about Jabber, only townie things. If you or anyone else has some points on why Jabber is scummy, then I would love to hear it.

Anyway, Eph, I understand that you might be trying to solve behind the scenes, but your recent posts haven't shown that, and that's what I had pointed out. All you need to do is post things that you find from your backread! You've even started doing that and it's been fantastic, so please don't stop

The fact that there's not much activity in thread besides me, and the fact that when there is activity, it's consistently accusing me of not solving
I'm sorry that this is breaking your spirit, but it might help to notice that the reality is a bit different. Day 2 and Day 3 and late Day 1 when you were solving, and no one accused you of not solving. In the first two pages of Day 4, there was plenty of activity from everyone, and people were posting just as frequently as each other. (See spoiler). You're not the only one posting in this thread.

bbn: 1 1 3 1 = 4 instances // 6 posts
Jabber: 1 1 1 4 1 = 5 instances // 8 posts
Eph: 3 2 1 1 2 1 5 = 7 instances // 15 posts
Jade: 1 1 = 2 instances // 2 posts
Scattered: 2 1 2 1 = 4 instances // 6 posts
Vom: 1 2 4 2 1 = 5 instances // 10 posts

Vote analysis incoming.

VOTE COLOURS!
The interesting stuff is in the vote history. I'll post my analysis separately.

Day 1
Celever (5) - Amici, MegaPod_781, Jadethepokemontrainer , scattered mind, Fiery_Lugia
Ephemera (2) - Vom, bbninjas
bbninjas (1) - Ephemera
Amici (1) - Celever

Day 2
MegaPod_781 (3) - bbninjas, Jadethepokemontrainer , Vom
bbninjas (2) - MegaPod_781, scattered mind
Ephemera (1) - Amici
Amici (1) - Ephemera
Not Voting: Fiery_Lugia

Day 3
Amici (3) - Ephemera, Jadethepokemontrainer , bbninjas
scattered mind (1) - Vom
Not Voting: Amici, Jabberwock, scattered mind

Vote History:
#20-Celever voted bbninjas
#23-Amici voted Celever
#27-Ephemera voted Celever
#30-Vom voted Fiery_Lugia
#32-Ephemera voted Vom
#41-Ephemera voted Ephemera
#42-Ephemera voted Vom
#47-Vom voted Ephemera
#51-Jadethepokemontrainer voted MegaPod_781
#55-Celever voted Ephemera
#81-MegaPod_781 voted bbninjas
#102-bbninjas voted Ephemera
#120-Ephemera voted bbninjas
#123-Ephemera voted MegaPod_781
#139-MegaPod_781 voted Ephemera
#151-Scattered mind voted Amici
#162-Ephemera voted Celever
#244-MegaPod_781 voted Celever
#249-Jadethepokemontrainer voted Celever
#268-scattered mind voted Fiery_Lugia
#276-Ephemera voted bbninjas
#288-scattered mind voted Celever
#297-Celever voted bbninjas
#302-Fiery_Lugia voted Celever
#304-Celever voted Amici
#308-MegaPod_781 voted bbninjas
#320-scattered mind voted bbninjas
#348-bbninjas voted MegaPod_781
#353-Amici voted Ephemera
#357-Vom voted scattered mind
#358-Ephemera voted bbninjas
#390-Jadethepokemontrainer voted MegaPod_781
#392-Ephemera voted Amici
#395-Vom voted MegaPod_781
#404-Vom voted scattered mind
#405-Ephemera voted Amici
#418-Jadethepokemontrainer voted Amici
#420-bbninjas voted Amici
#453-Jabberwock voted scattered mind
#454-Ephemera voted Jabberwock

I don't think the final vote counts tell us too much. On Day 1, Mega voted the main wagon with everyone else. On Day 2, Mega voted the alternate wagon. Standard stuff.

I'm more interested in the below votes. Spoilered because long.

After looking over Eph and Amici’s initial interaction again, I think it’s unlikely they’re both Mafia, though it’s possible one of them may be. Their initial interactions just seemed like jokeposts, so nothing too bad there, and then Ami makes that post about how we need to be careful with our eliminations and that the Firefighter should avoid claiming if at all possible; again, good points, but not completely alignment indicative. And after that Eph describes Ami as “locktown.” Naive trust or pocketing attempt by Eph? Possibly.

I am liking the points bbninjas is raising and would like to see Vom and Eph’s responses to them.
don't like this post. w/w or non w/w interactions are super easy to throw out as wolves. Also feels like IIOA (haven't clarified this but it's Information Instead of Analysis, which is what scum do to try and look like they have content) – it basically just recounts the me/Amici interaction but like, simplified.

The conclusions here are also kinda hedgy: it's possible one of them may be [mafia]; naive trust or pocketing attempt... possibly. Puts up a lot of possibilities with vague ideas and doesn't try to conclude much.

##UNSUSPECT: bbninjas - although i still very much suspect bb, i feel like my vote's not needed on him right now
##BLEH: MegaPod_781
I really like Eph's vote on Mega in hindsight. The information instead of analysis point is something I brought up on Day 2, but Eph noticed this and pointed it out immediately. Eph also has an early-day wagon on them that is building steam at this time. Scum!Eph would not benefit from pushing their scumbuddy using a legitimate scumtell, since this risks Mega becoming the alternate wagon and making the Day 1 elim be between two scum (very bad for scum!Eph).

Vom
bbninjas
Scattered mind

I lean slightly town on these three players so far. They all seem to be asking good questions to get reads or clarify info.

Amici
Fiery Lugia
jade
Celever

These players I read completely null at the moment, because either there’s not enough posts from them to go on, or the ones there are aren’t totally alignment indicative.

Eph

]I was feeling a bit conflicted on him [Eph]. The “town lock” on Amici was rather odd, but Eph did seem to be making genuine assessments of other players since then. But yeah, that comment about discussing other people besides him seems quite defensive. Especially since other people were being discussed in addition to him. I was actually starting to think Eph’s behavior wasn’t worth pursuing with a vote yet, but wanting to shift attention off himself is a red flag.

##UNMOCK: bbninjas
##PRESSXTODOUBT: Ephemera

When will @Celever and @Fiery_Lugia come to provide some thoughts on the game? I was actually gonna pressure vote Celever for dropping off the radar in this post if I didn’t hit “refresh” and see that suspish play by Eph.
Mega definitely seems to be voting with the intent to eliminate here. He even posts a full readlist with Eph singled out at the very bottom. Why would scum single out their scumbuddy so early?

Mega's readlist here is also very interesting. Mega's neutral reads are all town except for FieryJabber who is unknown. We also have Vom / myself / scattered in the top; I can see scum here. However, the general consensus at this stage seemed to be that Vom / myself / scattered were all townie, so Mega could also just be reflecting the consensus. I'm not sure what to make of this just yet.

Tbh, I do see the points you raise against Celever. Saying he’d been preparing a quote wall but having almost no thoughts to share does look rather suspicious. And then looking closer at his reason for “spiritually voting” you, his comment about you “not solving” seems odd to me. I’m still wary of you for the whole attention-shifting thing, buuut I don’t think you’ve been short on questioning and judging other players, so in all fairness I think his reason for keeping a vote on you is, uh, lazy and wrong. So, I’ll go ahead and do what I was gonna do earlier, because you two have sorta swapped places on my leans list after some thought :v

##UNPRESSX: Ephemera
##INSERTCLEVERVERBHERE: Celever
Eph doesn't look as good in this backpedal from Mega, purely because Mega's reasons are very weak (he's switching votes because... Eph's been posting reads?). I wonder why Mega didn't just stay on the Eph wagon when it's clearly better to eliminate town!Eph than town!Cel? It's possible that there was pressure being put on Eph voters from a few people, and with the Eph wagon losing steam, Mega might have decided it's in his best interest to jump ship. I'll check later if noone else does.

Dang, I might’ve been able to show up for EOD but I had a dentist appointment around then. Welp.

Tbh, despite their chaotic start, I’m reading Eph as pretty genuine and rational now, and admittedly, their case on bbninjas is making a lot of sense to me. I didn’t even catch the total 180 bb had made on the Celever wagon, which makes me trust Eph more for finding and pointing that out.

Reading back a bit, there are also some other details I found a bit off about bb that I probably overlooked earlier because he’d been so vocal. For instance, this response he made to Vom for suggesting the Cel wagon:

So, he didn’t mean it seriously in the first place? I’m not sure about buying that.

From what I could tell, Eph wasn’t running a “smear campaign” on bb at all, so this actually seems pretty defensive looking back. Oh, and look, an insinuation that Cel was lying. Despite bb’s later opposition to the Cel wagon. Hm.

Also, minor nitpick, but I don’t think a Townie usually wants fellow players to “stop talking” about game related stuff, since discussion is kinda what we do to figure out the game :v

And this tidbit about how he doesn’t like the Cel wagon he suggested.

##BYEBYENEXT?: bbninjas
Mega's started to get very defensive of Eph here. He even went out of his way to explain that Eph is trustworthy, and I don't quite understand what Mega's trying to achieve here if Eph is town. This could easily be scumbuddying, but it's also likely that Mega wants to explain why they're getting Eph's case on me. i.e. Mega's doing some self-pres, so that they don't get voted for having poor progression.

Good points Mega!

##VOTE:bbninjas

The defensivness there is quite telling. Eph wasn't running any case on bbninjas specifically as he was just trying to find out whether or not a scum is among his voters, which with this small setup is very probable.
Scattered is very quick to support Mega here, which is really odd if scattered is scum. Why would scum!scattered immediately link themselves to a scumbuddy knowing that I'd flip town, putting scrutiny on both himself and his scumbuddy? Usually scumbuddies try to keep some distance (and that's what I'm used to here), which is even more crucial in teams of two. Was scattered hoping to get towncred for "obviously" buddying with scum? Doubt it. It seems very risky - scattered couldn't guarantee that towncred in any way.

mindmelded hard with the bb/mega interactions, imo there's likely to be one wolf there, but not two. Same for the Jade point – did he say he'd make an ISO?

In the meantime, I still believe in my bb case from yesterday – bb's D2 is somewhat better but I'll have to see if that really is enough to change the whole point of my case.
##ISO: bbninjas
I was trying to figure out why Eph voted me instead of Mega in this PoE, but after rereading the blue, I think Eph's vote makes complete sense. Eph had a case on me already; it would be suss if Eph went for Mega instead of me. In fact, Eph seems to be in the process of re-evaluating their case on me, and voting / pressuring me makes complete sense as part of this process. Eph does re-evaluate on the next vote (tick on progression!), decides that they don't want to elim me on Day 2, and then asks whether an amici vote or mega/bbn vote is better - literally leaving the elim in the hands of the town. Why would scum!Eph let town decide the fate of their scumbuddy? Seems a bit absurd.

I would like to point out scattered joined this wagon pretty late in the day despite making arguably better cases on both Lily and Jade. And now he's gunning for bb for...reasons?
you mean you dont understand the case on bb?
I understand the case on bb, what I don't understand is why you seem to tunnel on it, especially over your own cases.

I don't like Amici's posting, but I still think Mega or bb are both better options, and from those two I think Mega is the better option. Besides my previous post, I don't see anyone overly invested in maintaining those 2 as the main wagons, so that solidifies my thinking that it's not v/v, and so one of them should be our elimination for the Day I think.

Also, why is scattered never scum? Wondering because he's not especially high on my rainbow.

Oh yeah, She-Ra taking over the forums.

##UNVERB: scattered mind ##PRIMESEESALL: mEGApOD_108
Vom's progression checks out here (she consistently thought Mega elim was better and the bbn elim was weird).

Thoughts™:
  • I don't think MegaPod and bb are both scum. I think one of them might be because how they are interacting, but bb jumped the gun and actually made a valid point against MegaPod so I wanna hold off and see how Mega responds.
  • I don't think bb was being overly defensive about Ephe, but he definitely is now. Still, I think only one of Mega and bb is scum (if any) and atm I'm leaning towards scum!Mega so I'm not sure what to make of this yet. Like I said, I want to see @MegaPod_781 's response first.
  • I don't get what scattered is doing right now. He says he made two different cases on D1, but didn't pursue either in favour of a lurker lim, which at this point scattered obviously hasn't had time to answer because that post just went up, so we'll have to wait for that. Now, he's going for bbninjas, once again completely ditching both his cases, not bothering to purse either one at all despite some nudging from my part to talk more about Lily, one of his original cases. scattered has in general ignored or just meh'd nudging attempts from other players, so in short: ##NOTCOLDCASESYET: scattered mind
However, I am a little perturbed that Vom wanted to hold out for Mega's response before committing to a Mega or bbn wagon. This is a classic tactic for scum tossing up whether to bus their buddy. If Mega's defence is convincing, then scum!Vom doesn't need to bus. But if Mega messes up their defense, then bussing means Vom can get easy towncred off a sinking ship.

Conclusion:
Eph is probably town. All their votes make sense from a town point of view. This includes scummier votes that suggest Mega x Eph buddying; these can be explained from a town point of view too. Conversely, some of Eph's votes a very difficult to understand from a scum point of view.

scattered is townier. I do not understand why scum!scattered would link themself to Mega on Day 2, knowing how this could thrust both scattered and his scumbud into the spotlight on my flip. Mega seemed to buddy with scattered after scattered buddied with Mega. It's much easier to see this interaction from a town x scum point of view.

Vom is scummier. I can easily see a Vom bus on Mega. They waited for Mega to respond to the case before making a commitment to a Mega or bbn wagon. This is a common bus tactic, as it allows Vom to bus Mega depending on how well Mega defends himself. Does Vom usually wait for responses before committing to a wagon?

tl;dr
- Eph is probably town. All their votes make sense from a town POV, but not always from a scum POV.
- scattered is townier. scum!scattered linking themselves with Mega on Day 2 is very risky.
- Vom is scummier. A Vom bus on Mega is very plausible, considering they waited for Mega to respond before committing to a Mega or bbn wagon.
- FieryJabber is MIA.

Oh also! I'd really really really appreciate thoughts on my conclusions above. My readlist has changed a lot on the vote analysis and that's making me a bit paranoid. Currently it looks like this:

Jade
Eph
scattered
Jabber
Vom

Where scattered / jabber / vom are around the same spots.

Ok after bbninjas post I am putting vom back for checking. I am going to read back and by the end of it make a vote between ephemera/jabber/vom.

Oh also! I'd really really really appreciate thoughts on my conclusions above. My readlist has changed a lot on the vote analysis and that's making me a bit paranoid. Currently it looks like this:

Jade
Eph
scattered
Jabber
Vom

Where scattered / jabber / vom are around the same spots.

Vom as scum doesn't make sense- Vom had the option to jump on mega or your wagon and hammer- both options were valid - she chose to hammer Mega. Why would she do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back