Finished Mafia LVII: Big Brother Betrayal: Game Over! Postgame Part 1 Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled players inherently get the most obvious nominations. Let's just say we had a level 3 player here. More often than not they would just get it by the virtue of being the most experienced. So no, they will get obvious nominations unless there is something completely out of the water here.

And what do you mean by getting more information?

Unless you are suggesting that all inexperienced players as HoH will just ruthlessly sheep, then I don't get what you are saying.
About obvious nominations, I didn't mean they would get obviously nominated but that they wouldn't make obvious nominations–what is obvious to you may not be obvious to me, so I may nominate someone for something that seems off to me but is obviously town to you.
By getting more information I mean an experienced player is bound to have more insight into their nominees than a newer player, so it'd be a good opportunity for everyone to see the game through their eyes and make connections that wouldn't have been made otherwise. I mean, this happens just by putting someone in the spotlight and making them single-handedly put two people on the chopping block, but I think there's more to gain from someone experienced.
an experienced person is very capable of coming up with reasons for selecting virtually anyone
I...suppose that's true, but another experienced person would be able to see through the bull.

No, because if you're town than you shouldn't be focused on surviving the day but rather you should be concerned about developing reads;
I appreciate you trying to convince me to behave the way you want (which in all honesty is a good thing), but I would still deny it. I do not understand whether "developing reads" means "acting in a certain way so other people can read you" or "make reads of other people".
If it is the former, then me focusing to survive is already a "developing read", even if it may seem that I am scummy.
If it is the latter, then I am utterly baffled and I would like to point out that I simply do not have enough data to work with to make a read. --yes, the purpose of this answer is to delay the inevitable, and it is refutable as one can see that Geyde is already -in a sense- making reads on various others. Yes, I can in fact make small reads on people as well. However, I do not believe these reads to be of importance nor accurate. Furthermore, I believe my reads will provoke them and/or others to ask me even more questions which I do not always prefer to answer.

TL;DR "Do you think I care?"
P.S. Do note that I truly dislike to restrain my own vocabulary and make LONG posts like these to explain something trivial.
and I'm convinced that Geyde or Maxwell are both options that would be more effective in developing reads than options like Vom.
In either cases of "developing reads", I do not believe that to be honest. To me, all of you are equally unknown in alignment.

...well, Vom has already become HoH. What will you do now? Force, manipulate and/or simply convince her to choose me as nominate? Come on, this shouldn't be difficult to do. I believe that every one of you ought to have at least some susp on me.

Look, if even Geyde wanted me as policy lynch, then convincing Vom should be simple, right?
They are different people, sure. But even Vom has to policy nominate me if she wants to look professional.

I /could/ nominate you, but I'm really not a fan of policy lynches and would much rather keep those as a last resort. That being said, I'm not sure on who to nominate just yet. Part of me wants to nominate an inactive (like @GekkisaiDaiNi) to prompt them to post, but that's about as flawed as a policy lynch sooooo probably also a last resort.

It'not flawed. Nominating someone who's inactive would force them to participate, rather than possibly being scum and winning by hiding in the shadows

It'not flawed. Nominating someone who's inactive would force them to participate, rather than possibly being scum and winning by hiding in the shadows
It is if the person stays in the shadows. : <

Above is true but not about inactivity. Nominating people who are outwardly active but are in reality non-contributory is a valid strategy to keep discussion going; people who just aren't posting enough period will be thrown to the rabid penguins. And so far there aren't really 2 players notably attempting to fly under the radar.

@Vom, you wanted to be HoH, you won the election, time to come up with some pledges around what you're gonna achieve in your term as HoH.

Hey everyone, I exist. Sorry for not posting earlier, I was tired and distracted+forgot rules (dw I've reread them and the majority of the thread insofar).

I'm getting townie vibes from Celever but not really much else.

Hey everyone, I exist. Sorry for not posting earlier, I was tired and distracted+forgot rules (dw I've reread them and the majority of the thread insofar).

Eagerly awaiting the rest of your first impressions; think out loud, there are no wrong answers, more clichés.... no one's gonna hold you to your phase 1 reads later in the game.

No harm, no foul. Please relay thoughts when possible so as to give insight on what you feel so we have more of a full idea on the group as a whole.

...wait a minute. Hey! It's Nick!
...hang on a minute. In my whole gametime, I have never had any interactions with Nick. Nick, why do you say that you are comfortable metareading me? Or rather, how could you ever decide that everyone does that when it comes to me?
@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, I know you play this game. Answer me please.
I /could/ nominate you, but I'm really not a fan of policy lynches and would much rather keep those as a last resort.
Oh. What a refreshing behavior. I wonder how long you will last before you are forced to nominate me.
@Vom, you wanted to be HoH, you won the election, time to come up with some pledges around what you're gonna achieve in your term as HoH.
Pledges? I knew it; HoH is a bad position. ...hang on, what kind of pledges can one even make? "To make the Beach great again?" (For the record, I have zero knowledge of PB's situation as I say this.)

/FoS Gekki
There is literally no town, neut or scum who would ever ignore me. Especially when I play the Devil's Advocate. If you can get town vibes from Celever, then it means that you have at least read my post in this page (Page 7).

[Pledges? I knew it; HoH is a bad position. ...hang on, what kind of pledges can one even make? "To make the Beach great again?" (For the record, I have zero knowledge of PB's situation as I say this.)
Make the Beach great again is very needed and I fully support protectionist values to stimulate our domestic economy, God knows we need it. And I'm saying that as a lefty.

I want him to lay out his position now so we have time to criticise it. I wouldn't be pushing this if he didn't push to get the position to some extent himself.
[Quote-Zone]/FoS Gekki
There is literally no town, neut or scum who would ever ignore me. Especially when I play the Devil's Advocate. If you can get town vibes from Celever, then it means that you have at least read my post in this page (Page 7).[/QUOTE]
What makes you say the underlined section?

Nick, why do you say that you are comfortable metareading me? Or rather, how could you ever decide that everyone does that when it comes to me?

@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, I know you play this game. Answer me please
I was getting to that, don’t get in a knot. The majority of have seen your play style and how extremist it is. You know this, there’s is no denying it. If anything you’re reactions have a direct effect (or is it affect in this situation?) on how I’m about to read you.
  • Cel- Town
  • Gekki- ? (Only one post, not enough to go off of)
  • Jade- ? (Very little to go off of)
  • Violet- Town
  • Vom- Town
  • Zone- Null, leaning town
  • Blink- Null, leaning town (Still don’t quite know how to read, one game isn’t enough)
  • mord- ??
  • mirdo- Null, leaning scum
  • Geyde- Null, midline
  • bb- Too experienced, too early to tell
  • JCMaxwell

Make the Beach great again is very needed and I fully support protectionist values to stimulate our domestic economy, God knows we need it. And I'm saying that as a lefty.
Jokes aside, I am actually curious as to what pledges Vom is supposed to make for you.
What makes you say the underlined section?
What do you even mean? If he has seen your posts (and watching the post time-stamps, he ought to have done that because there was a 20+ minute gap between yours and his), then that means that he also has read Geyde's posts, Vom's posts and most suspiciously: My posts. And yet, out of every possible thing he could say, he only said that you and you only were giving him town vibes.
but not really much else.
No quotes, no reasons, and nothing about anyone else. How am I supposed to not find this suspicious?
Wow nice Cel that quote worked real good you're smashing it
*pats Cel*
I was getting to that, don’t get in a knot. The majority of have seen your play style and how extremist it is. You know this, there’s is no denying it. If anything you’re reactions have a direct effect (or is it affect in this situation?) on how I’m about to read you.
Har har har! I finally have a meta! ...still, now you remind me of the time NP townreads me. I have forgotten what our alignments were, but NP is NP, so that's never a good thing.
Patpats for grammar
*pats Nick*

Jokes aside, I am actually curious as to what pledges Vom is supposed to make for you.
I think you mistook part of my last post for being within the failed quote :p
Zone said:
What do you even mean? If he has seen your posts (and watching the post time-stamps, he ought to have done that because there was a 20+ minute gap between yours and his), then that means that he also has read Geyde's posts, Vom's posts and most suspiciously: My posts. And yet, out of every possible thing he could say, he only said that you and you only were giving him town vibes.
Not necessarily; at the time we didn't know that he'd fully caught up and may have just mostly caught up. What you said made it seem like there was something especially towny from me that had occurred after the post you wanted a response to; otherwise it's an assumption that he's read the whole thread.

Pity :/

I would support Vom making a Zone nomination for policy lynch (@Celver, take this as one of the people who I would nominate today as HoH), I’ve played with Zone as scum, he makes the same fuss and blames his town meta as unavoidable (it is definitely avoidable), meaning you can’t read into his meta. The fact is that Zone is chaotic and his plays cause drama.

For those who argue that experienced players should see through experienced players’ lies; this is a faulty argument because experienced players know to say all the right things. The reason experienced players are good is because they regularly fool everyone. (If they couldn’t fool everyone, then they would get lynched and their plays can’t be good.)

@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK You say that you can’t read me because I’m too experienced, but Cel is even more experienced than me yet you read him confidently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back