Finished Mafia LVI : Revolt at the Zoo -- GAME OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players are more excited to play when they are scum and are eager to start the game fast and comment something. This can be even more telling if you spot how one player is never quick to post on the beginning of a game and does so only now or in games where that player was scum. However, I mainly use it as a tool to narrow down the big pool of options to lynch on day one. If we can narrow down our searches it is more likely to hit scum, or to clear a townie. The reason being that when you face 5 options instead of 15 you are more focused and can invest your thoughts. People can be focused together on the targets instead of spreading around and lose focus, which often results in sheeping after one talkative player. So I suggest we put each set of 5 players to the test and if all are not found scummy- move on to the next. This is just a method I think is good to start D1 instaed of the usual RVS-find a lowsy case and go from there-approach that has been used so far.
A lot more thought goes into this early phase than I would've thought from a glance, wow. I'm satisfied with this reasoning and might try and think up of some stuff for the next game I play, thank you scattered.

...by the way, while I am surprised that Violet is considered a newbie here (since I had played with her before),
Completely fair. I still consider myself to be new because I had a lot of questions during My Bastard Village, and I still don't have the best understanding of the game after playing through that, seeing as it was my first full game of Mafia I'd played. I just wanted to clear up any possible misconceptions beforehand by saying I was new, alongside the fact that I'm playing with some people for the first time this game and that'd be important to mention.
I also have a habit of selling myself short, so just saying "I'm new and don't know how to do things" is really just a habit at this point.

I like this post, it feels like a genuine attempt to analyze jplap and scattered and solve the game. I see your point.
Thank you, I'm glad I'm getting my point across. Speaking of which, jplap has posted twice, both an hour ago and no effort was made to clear up any of the suspicion I have against him. @Professor_jplap I brought my thoughts up for a reason, do you want to defend yourself or not?

its RVS my guy. I do this sort of thing every game and Zone joined in on the joke this time
While I hate the reasoning of "It's RVS", this just seems like something that TE would do in a game. Talking to him outside of forum games as well as playing Big Brother with him makes me certain of this, I don't think this is to start any fights.

Well, Zone did specifically state that his tunneling isn’t any kind of joke, despite lacking game-relevant reasoning. Maybe it does look like a reach to you, but I’m concerned about what Zone actually wants to accomplish here.
From playing my last game with Zone, I'll... also agree that what Zone actually wants to accomplish is at least confusing to me. No offense meant to him of course, it's nice to play another game with someone I look up to like him.

So, would the smart thing to do here be unvoting, or voting someone else?
The smart thing to do is start trying to find scum or ask questions to help you do that.
Some players are more excited to play when they are scum and are eager to start the game fast and comment something. This can be even more telling if you spot how one player is never quick to post on the beginning of a game and does so only now or in games where that player was scum. However, I mainly use it as a tool to narrow down the big pool of options to lynch on day one. If we can narrow down our searches it is more likely to hit scum, or to clear a townie. The reason being that when you face 5 options instead of 15 you are more focused and can invest your thoughts. People can be focused together on the targets instead of spreading around and lose focus, which often results in sheeping after one talkative player. So I suggest we put each set of 5 players to the test and if all are not found scummy- move on to the next. This is just a method I think is good to start D1 instaed of the usual RVS-find a lowsy case and go from there-approach that has been used so far.
What?
...by the way, while I am surprised that Violet is considered a newbie here (since I had played with her before), when will we talk about something else other than "how to [action]" and "why do you think so"? No offense, but my current impression of PokeBeach is that it is a place where people can keep learning how to play mafia... but then repeating the lesson over and over, with minor tweaks in each game.
In Violet's defense she's never played Day 1 of a mafia game. But still this is more true than I'd like to admit lol.
Yes. That is correct.

This is also fully correct.
I'd like to see a reply from Gekki re: this when he gets back.
Uhhh ##UNVOTE ##VOTE: TE. At least try to look like you know what you're doing. This is just scummy imo.
Why is this scummy? Wouldn't scum try to look like they know what they're doing?

@MegaPod_781 Long time no see! Have you played much mafia since you were last on here?

From playing my last game with Zone, I'll... also agree that what Zone actually wants to accomplish is at least confusing to me. No offense meant to him of course, it's nice to play another game with someone I look up to like him.
Any particular reason you look up to him?

A lot more thought goes into this early phase than I would've thought from a glance, wow. I'm satisfied with this reasoning and might try and think up of some stuff for the next game I play, thank you scattered.

Completely fair. I still consider myself to be new because I had a lot of questions during My Bastard Village, and I still don't have the best understanding of the game after playing through that, seeing as it was my first full game of Mafia I'd played. I just wanted to clear up any possible misconceptions beforehand by saying I was new, alongside the fact that I'm playing with some people for the first time this game and that'd be important to mention.
I also have a habit of selling myself short, so just saying "I'm new and don't know how to do things" is really just a habit at this point.

Thank you, I'm glad I'm getting my point across. Speaking of which, jplap has posted twice, both an hour ago and no effort was made to clear up any of the suspicion I have against him. @Professor_jplap I brought my thoughts up for a reason, do you want to defend yourself or not?

...Reread and still don't get why you think I'm suspicious

Any particular reason you look up to him?
In My Bastard Village, a lot of the players were confused as to what alignment Zone was, because he would tell us often that his goal was to be lynched. Although both of us were town in the end, I took him out along with myself because I was suspicious (especially in the late game) of his reasoning why and what his role truly was. It felt like he massively outplayed me, and even being a new person with little understanding, it seemed really impressive.

He also seemed to lead discussion a lot in that game, though I remember hearing from you afterwards as the host that the game just ended up quiet at some points and that shouldn't happen during games. Overall it just really felt like Zone was experienced and knew what he was doing in that game, so I look up to him because of that.

It felt like he massively outplayed me, and even being a new person with little understanding, it seemed really impressive.
How had he outplayed you?
What's there for me to respond to lol
You asked the questions (which I read as having a negative implication towards both of those things based on the vote); what do you think about those answers?

...Reread and still don't get why you think I'm suspicious

Honestly I think that with both scattered and MegaPod fully understanding my post and with you just now mentioning this when you've had several posts before this point where you mentioned absolutely nothing about my claims until you were pressed again, this comes off as either being in denial or straight-up avoiding the question.

I swear you just never seem to be able to understand anything I type.

You voted for Nick, because you wanted to move the game along.
Voting for Nick did not move the game along.
NP calls you out on this.
You counter-argue saying that you did move the game along by voting for people, which does not defend your point at all.
I voted for you.

Now here's where I would stop explaining what happened, except I'm even more convinced now.

In every single subsequent post past the one in which I voted for you, and up to the one I just now quoted, you never once gave any kind of response to it, instead trying to tap into the conversation between TE and Zone in order to vote for TE, which gives me the impression you were trying to drive attention away from the fact that this had happened in the first place and start a new discussion for you, focused on TE.
I'm now convinced you're avoiding giving reasoning for any of these previous claims and therefore think you're scum. If you're telling the truth, you don't need to be afraid of answering questions.

How had he outplayed you?
He went through the whole game saying that his goal was to be lynched, then when he was lynched it turned out that he didn't have an ability that benefitted from him being lynched, and he wasn't scum asking to be lynched in order to throw people off in a reverse-psychology kind of thinking. I felt he set up a trap and I completely fell for it.

I don't mind answering these questions NP, but I'm curious as to why you're asking me this. These just seem like personal things, or something you would ask as the host of a previous game, rather than a current player of this game to another player. Can you clear this up for me?

I swear you just never seem to be able to understand anything I type.
Is what Jplap has done alignment indicative then? Why?
I don't mind answering these questions NP, but I'm curious as to why you're asking me this. These just seem like personal things, or something you would ask as the host of a previous game, rather than a current player of this game to another player. Can you clear this up for me?
I'm trying to establish a posting/mindset baseline as to how you're approaching this game.

Is what Jplap has done alignment indicative then? Why?
No, I mean, I said that just because I'm genuinely annoyed by him so far.

I'm now convinced you're avoiding giving reasoning for any of these previous claims and therefore think you're scum. If you're telling the truth, you don't need to be afraid of answering questions.
This is basically it. He's the only person so far who, to me, is being incredibly suspicious, and can't clear any of my claims on him. If he can't prove to me that he isn't hiding information, that he isn't coming up with fake reasonings for his actions that he can't back up, and that he isn't avoiding my questions or trying to play denial, then yes. He is scum, and I will fully believe that.

I'm trying to establish a posting/mindset baseline as to how you're approaching this game.
Eh, if you say so. You asked me a lot of stuff in-thread after My Bastard Village so I figured you'd have a decent idea of how I think in mafia. And you'd know me well enough that you'd know things like "Violet was really happy that one time Zone said he liked her avatar".

D1 Vote Count #1
Professor_Jplap: 3 (L-6) | Ninja Penguin [#49], VioletValkyrie [#53], TeamAqua4Life [#55], TOTAL_EPICNESS [#66-#69]
Zone Q11: 3 (L-6)| MegaPod_781 [#30], GekkisaiDaiNi [#63], TOTAL_EPICNESS [#69]
Ninja Penguin: 2 | Zone Q11 [#29], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#36]
GekkisaiDaiNi: 1 | GM Draclord [#32], NinjaPenguin [#35-#49]
GM Draclord: 1 | Kiiruma [#33]
MegaPod_781: 1| GekkisaiDaiNi [#31-#63], scattered mind [#57]
TOTAL_EPICNESS: 1| Professor_Jplap [#76]

Jadethepokemontrainer: 0
| Professor_Jplap [#40-#48]
scattered mind: 0 | TeamAqua4Life [#43-#55]
TeamAqua4Life: 0 | Professor_Jplap [#48-#76]

No vote: @Blinkehyo, @Jadethepokemontrainer, @Mariano11887, @tigger

Majority: 9 votes
Hours remaining: ~70 hrs [countdown]
Past vote counts: n/a
Note: This vote count does not show any decreased or increased vote weights, if any.

The question to GM Draclord can also be answered by either one of you. Let’s see who spots the scumminess connection first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back