Finished Mafia LVI : Revolt at the Zoo -- GAME OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean?
I really am tunneling NP.
My grudge is following him after all.

...by the way, while I am surprised that Violet is considered a newbie here (since I had played with her before), when will we talk about something else other than "how to [action]" and "why do you think so"? No offense, but my current impression of PokeBeach is that it is a place where people can keep learning how to play mafia... but then repeating the lesson over and over, with minor tweaks in each game.
TL;DR I am bored. Let's decide this first: "Day 1 Lynch or Day 1 No Lynch"?

For me it's less about him saying the game is going nowhere, I totally agreed with that up until this point.

The reason I'm currently voting for him is because his reason for voting for Nick is very weak (though that's not a big issue because this is still RVS, I get that) but also that his vote that he claims he made in order to move the game in that direction isn't moving it in that direction at all, since he doesn't have any good reasoning to back up his claim currently.
When NP claims he hasn't moved the game forward after wanting it to be moved forwards, he argues back by saying he's pushing for the game to move forward by voting for Nick.
I personally believe his counter-argument makes absolutely no sense as voting for Nick doesn't push the game forwards, which he claims is the specific reason why he made the vote. So his actions and what he says the reasons for those actions are don't line up, making me suspicious of him. It gives me the feeling of him trying to hide something or not having a good reason to make a move like that, and I believe if you're town, you have nothing to hide by telling the truth.
While I do agree with this for the most part, there is the obvious possibility that jplap thought he was moving the game somewhere when he really wasn't. If that's the case, then it would be great to hear some reasoning from him as to thinking that.
So you're tunneling someone for no reason other than an old grudge and trying to decide the outcome of the first day before RVS has even fully ended?
##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: Zone Q11

My grudge is following him after all.

...by the way, while I am surprised that Violet is considered a newbie here (since I had played with her before), when will we talk about something else other than "how to [action]" and "why do you think so"? No offense, but my current impression of PokeBeach is that it is a place where people can keep learning how to play mafia... but then repeating the lesson over and over, with minor tweaks in each game.

Lynch.

What's next?

What a loser lmao
We can’t have any uncool kids in this game
GAHAHAHA!
It is a if I am recreating my two latest games!
However~ Are you sure you want to vote me? You are willing to become uncool by voting the uncool me? What a hero! (Sarcasm.)

GAHAHAHA!
It is a if I am recreating my two latest games!
However~ Are you sure you want to vote me? You are willing to become uncool by voting the uncool me? What a hero! (Sarcasm.)
Everyone knows the coolest kids attack the uncool to demonstrate their coolness and avoid being uncool

##VOTE: Jplap
All the cool kids are doing it so I will too
Wait...
th

Everyone knows the coolest kids attack the uncool to demonstrate their coolness
So far it makes sense.
and avoid being uncool
This part does not.

The odds of you losing your coolness in reality is higher than the odds of you NOT losing your coolness. Especially if you are just sheeping other people.
What's funny is that -even while you are voting me- you are still sheeping. You are sheeping Gekki.

So far it makes sense.

This part does not.

The odds of you losing your coolness in reality is higher than the odds of you NOT losing your coolness. Especially if you are just sheeping other people.
What's funny is that -even while you are voting me- you are still sheeping. You are sheeping Gekki.
so the likely solution is to vote for the one sheeping but that could be seen as sheeping you making me the bad guy

##Vote GekkisaiDaiNi

The fact that theres a ninja pokemon in ur profile pic might have same relation to the megapod point
Kartana is an alien samurai origami sword, not a ninja. And theming a ninja would not be the same thing as lynching one. Argument invalid, SCUMLORD!

...okay, down to business.

So 3 people are voting Jplap for saying the game is going nowhere? I'm not following.
Anyway he is not among the first 5 posters:

Zone
MegaPod
Gekki
GM Draclord
Kiiruma

At least one scum should be here. One of them I think can be let out of the list but I'll keep it for now.

##VOTE: MegaPod

O hai there! You must remember me from a past game. How ya been?

For me it's less about him saying the game is going nowhere, I totally agreed with that up until this point.

The reason I'm currently voting for him is because his reason for voting for Nick is very weak (though that's not a big issue because this is still RVS, I get that) but also that his vote that he claims he made in order to move the game in that direction isn't moving it in that direction at all, since he doesn't have any good reasoning to back up his claim currently.
When NP claims he hasn't moved the game forward after wanting it to be moved forwards, he argues back by saying he's pushing for the game to move forward by voting for Nick.
I personally believe his counter-argument makes absolutely no sense as voting for Nick doesn't push the game forwards, which he claims is the specific reason why he made the vote. So his actions and what he says the reasons for those actions are don't line up, making me suspicious of him. It gives me the feeling of him trying to hide something or not having a good reason to make a move like that, and I believe if you're town, you have nothing to hide by telling the truth.

Let me know if you're still confused on my reasoning, I hope I'm explaining everything properly.

But I am curious about something on your end, why do you suspect one of the first five posters, did they do something or is it a common scumtell to post quickly? I just feel like I don't understand this reasoning.

I like this post, it feels like a genuine attempt to analyze jplap and scattered and solve the game. I see your point.

While I do agree with this for the most part, there is the obvious possibility that jplap thought he was moving the game somewhere when he really wasn't. If that's the case, then it would be great to hear some reasoning from him as to thinking that.

So you're tunneling someone for no reason other than an old grudge and trying to decide the outcome of the first day before RVS has even fully ended?
##UNVOTE:

These are good points, too.

Yes. That is correct.

Are we going to just let this slide? If Zone is going to tunnel on a player for a reason without substance pertaining to the game, that concerns me. I’d better vote him for now...oh hey that’s convenient, I already did.

##VOTE: Jplap
All the cool kids are doing it so I will too

That’s not why one joins a bandwagon, if their intent is to beat the scum. If you have your own reason to vote jplap, even if it’s just agreeing with what’s already been stated, by all means place your vote. But voting with the majority just for its own sake is not how Town wins.

Good.

Will we kill based on RVS, or reads on reactions on RVS?
...well, this one is obvious, but then I would have to wait 39 hours.
“Kill?” Possible scumslip? And why wait 39 hours to analyze reactions? I’m analyzing stuff right now.

I’m not even gonna bother quoting Zone and EPIC’s exchange, but apart from the discussion of EPIC’s sheeping, it feels very jokey, and possibly staged? I have reasons to suspect both of them, so it’s possibly a MvM interaction set up to create distancing. Time (and lynches) will tell.

That’s not why one joins a bandwagon, if their intent is to beat the scum. If you have your own reason to vote jplap, even if it’s just agreeing with what’s already been stated, by all means place your vote. But voting with the majority just for its own sake is not how Town wins.
I’m not even gonna bother quoting Zone and EPIC’s exchange, but apart from the discussion of EPIC’s sheeping, it feels very jokey, and possibly staged? I have reasons to suspect both of them, so it’s possibly a MvM interaction set up to create distancing. Time (and lynches) will tell.
its RVS my guy. I do this sort of thing every game and Zone joined in on the joke this time
Are we going to just let this slide? If Zone is going to tunnel on a player for a reason without substance pertaining to the game, that concerns me. I’d better vote him for now...oh hey that’s convenient, I already did.
1 its RVS
2 literally in his application to join Zone said he would tunnel NP because Roz (another player) isnt able to play this game. I dont know the specifics but i assume its an inside joke, as i know that Roz and NP play on another site and i guess Zone is on the same site as well

you seem to be grasping at straws to pull a conclusion. normally this would be fairly scummy but hey its the beginning of the game what else are we supposed to do without any hard evidence but i will be keeping an eye on you to see if this continues

Well, Zone did specifically state that his tunneling isn’t any kind of joke, despite lacking game-relevant reasoning. Maybe it does look like a reach to you, but I’m concerned about what Zone actually wants to accomplish here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back