Finished Mafia LVI : Revolt at the Zoo -- GAME OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
If i give you a read list, id just end up giving you a forced list of things that have a chance of being true. Not quite something i enjoy playing. But feel free to ask me anything currently in question about the game state, ill be happy to give you my opinions
What wagon from yesterday looks the worst? Why?

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
I thought there was a good chance you may have targeted me in which case you could have seen who it was.
*Would have seen (I.E. that person would either be a ninja or you would have been lying about being a watcher).
To be fair, I was struggling between you and Gekki, but then I prioritized Gekki in the end due to two reasons. 1) He was the one who hammered the lynch. 2) I still don't like you despite you probably being town.
Sorry for leaving you alone in last game, it was for health reasons. And that chat wasn't a masonry, it was a neighborhood, neither of us was sure about the other's alignment.
I know you play in a chaotic way (your own words), but your behavior on Day 1 was very odd to me. Your unexplainable tunnel on NP, you saying you'll attack the person who angers you even knowing that's NAI. But don't worry, today I won't commit the same error of tunneling you, will try to have a more open wide vision.
Mm... In that case I hope you will excuse my behavior of tunneling you.
You vote on me is ok. But can you explain the backstabber thing?
I had thought that you would be lenient on my chaotic behavior had you been town. After all, this behavior of mine can be easily used against me and that's what you did at D1.
Well, you have apologized though. Still: Drac's unfortunately forgettable and so is Kiiruma, which means that I need someone to tunnel that is not NP today.
Well, you said it at the end :confused:.
And as I said at the end: I was (and still am to a certain extent) bored.
Also, I already look useless and suspicious for tunneling you. I don't want to look suspiciously useless any further than I already do.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
@NinjaPenguin. Have you already voted?
If not, then just do it. I don't care whether your vote was eaten or not, I want to see it.

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
My current reads list:

Mordacazir - null; Drac’s one post doesn’t look good, but if kiiruma flips scum that could clear this slot. Let’s see how morda does.
Blinkehyo - slight scum; we don’t want no lynches.
Vom - slight town, their posts look like good attempts to analyze the game, even if I don’t agree we should jump on morda.
VioletValkyrie - null to slight scum; I did like their D1 posts that looked like genuine efforts to solve the game. Perhaps there’s a case to be made for Vi trying to win people over with flattery, but then again, it could just be they’re very polite. Though now we have Vi’s reasoning for not switching to Aqua being an attempt to keep appearances, which should not be town’s but scum’s main priority.
GekkisaiDaiNi - likely town, since they placed the deciding vote on Aqua.
NinjaPenguin - likely town, they started the vote wagon on Aqua.
Tigger - null; looks like a new player who has no idea how to play in my eyes. Whether or not there were scum motives behind their random Mariano vote is up in the air.
Total_Epicness - very likely town; one of the contributors to Aqua’s lynch, and also had a vote placed on them by the same.
Zone Q11 - slight townish I guess. We don’t have absolute proof he’s a Watcher yet, and technically the Watcher could be scum, but it’s a pretty bold fake for the mafia to make in the long run. And apparently his bad D1 behavior is how Zone always plays, which doesn’t excuse it but whatever.
Kiiruma - scum; I don’t think they’ve explained their suspicion on the inactive Lycanroc yet. If they know for certain that morda isn’t on their side, that could also help explain their will to eliminate morda from the game. And don’t forget their 48 hour vote. Just, why exactly?
Professor_jplap - null, I guess. Perhaps he just didn’t articulate himself clearly enough when Vi was suspecting him, but I’d like to see him respond to NP.
Dusk Form Lycanroc - completely null obviously
Mariano - slight town. I see Town motivation in his posts. For instance, suggesting Zone not unnecessarily disclose his watch target if it wouldn’t give us info to scumhunt with, trying to get Zone to explain the vote on him instead of lashing back, etc.

All that being said:

##VOTE: kiiruma

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
It is, but I thought it'd be even worse if I lied about why I didn't switch off jplap to bandwagon Nick. I wouldn't admit to doing something scummy if I was actually scum, I'd try and hide it or come up with an excuse that makes me sound like I'm town.
'I wouldn't do this' or 'I'd do this if' statements are very rarely accepted as a reason in themselves since they inherently bring the entire point to a WIFOM. I get that you're more worried as a new player, but if you think in the town's best interests instead of your own there should be nothing to worry about.
I thought I had found something so I pushed it.
The issue isn't that you pushed it, it's that you pushed it the way you did even after there were better options and it was clear jplap wasn't going to keep answering your questions.
I was scared away from Mafia for an entire two years on the beach because I felt like I was targeted and unfairly accused because I just didn't know how to play after my friends pressured me into joining. I haven't been able to get over that since, and that's why I feel the need to constantly apologize, because I don't want that to happen again since it discouraged me from playing a game like this for so long.
Though on a complete side note, you know I also live in Canada, right?
*high-fives in maple syrup* What about the other points, though? You can't complain someone's ignoring you and then ignore someone yourself. :L
even if I don’t agree we should jump on morda.
I'm not saying jump on morda, chances are he'll prob make only a couple of posts if at all before the day ends, and although those may be enough to make a decision, they might not. I know he won't post unless he's pressured, and that he'll likely slip in some way if he's scum.
I'm saying pressure morda enough that he has to do something about it or get lynched, but while we wait for him to show up there are other options.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
D2 Vote Count #1
mordacazir: 2 (L-6) | Kiiruma [#313], Vom [#331]
Blinkehyo: 1 | Mariano [#352]
Kiiruma: 1 | MegaPod [#364]
Mariano: 1 | Zone Q11 [#339]

No vote:
Blinkehyo, Dusk FOrm Lycanroc, GekkisaiDaiNi, mordacazir, NinjaPenguin, Professor_Jplap, Tigger, Total_Epicness, VioletValkyrie

Majority: 8 votes
Hours remaining: ~48.5 hrs [countdown]
Past vote counts: n/a
Note: This vote count does not show any decreased or increased vote weights, if any.

Enough people have voted for a 72 hour day for it to become Day 2's phase length. Please note that 24 hours of Day 2 have already passed, meaning there is not 48 hours remaining.

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
I'm not saying jump on morda, chances are he'll prob make only a couple of posts if at all before the day ends, and although those may be enough to make a decision, they might not. I know he won't post unless he's pressured, and that he'll likely slip in some way if he's scum.
I'm saying pressure morda enough that he has to do something about it or get lynched, but while we wait for him to show up there are other options.
Fair enough. If kiiruma ends up being Town, I could swing either way on morda’s alignment depending on future evidence; however, if kiiruma is the scum they appear to be, morda is more likely to be Town and will no longer be worth pursuing, hence my decision to see how the kiiruma lynch will play out.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Because if he said he targeted me I would know that he was most likely lying. Also there's literally no disadvantage to him saying his target since nobody visited them.
Ok, fair enough. I just didn't want scum to have more info than necessary if that info doesn't help town.

As far as my nolynching, ive already stated that i did it because i had to vote for someone. Mislynching a random town player isnt something i wanted to do to get more information, id rather leave it to the players on what they believed to be true, rather than simply pointing my finger blindly at someone else. We managed to hit scum, so i cant see how the blame fqlls on me here. Unless youre insinuating that i didnt vote for Aqua because i knew he'd flip scum and i didnt want to bus my partner?
I'm not blaming you for not voting Nick, nobody (apart from scum) knew for certain he was Mafia. And I wouldn't use the verb blame for this. It's just suspicious you didn't want to lynch anybody.

This is my readlist at the moment, ordered by townness (is it a word?):
  • NP: Town. Not only he started the Nick's wagon, but he also actively tries to scumhunt.
  • Mega: Very likely town. Voted for Nick and constantly showed interest in finding scum.
  • Gekki: Likely town. He was one on the Nick's wagon, so towncred for him.
  • TE: Likely town. D1 he was second on my scumdar, but he changed my idea of him since then. He voted for Nick too.
  • Violet: Neutral, town leaning. I see her "fear" to the game (sorry if it's not the right word) as genuine, but despite that, she tries to scumhunt.
  • Jade/Vom: Neutral. No opinions yet, it's being a bit difficult to me to read them. The good thing is they post more than Jade.
  • Jplap: Neutral. Sincerely, I didn't understand the case on him on D1, anybody mind telling me? I don't see good or bad things from him.
  • Tigger: Neutral. No info to work with.
  • DFL: Neutral. Needs to post more.
  • Zone: Neutral, scum leaning. I'm accepting he has a particular way of playing, but I'm not seeing his attempt to scumhunt.
  • Drac/Morda: Likely scum. Drac did only 1 post through the entire game, and it was scummy. However, I'd like to see more posts from morda.
  • Kiiruma: Likely scum. Voted for Drac/morda without an explanation. Avoids questions. I don't see his scumhunting.
  • Blinkehyo: Very likely scum. Mainly for his no-lynch vote, and I don't remember them trying to actually scumhunt (tell me if I'm wrong).

Draskk

Blast From The Past
o/10 read scum are definitely willing to throw down naked votes and Kiiruma has played plenty of games to be gutsy as scum.
Not really a full read just putting it out there as a possibility. I still definitely have suspicions about him.

My reads are for the most part the same as Mariano's aside from Jplap.

Kiiruma

Dancer of Doom
I have something called work. Had it from 6 PM - 1 AM GMT. My apologies.

My ability is why I scumread DFL. Last game they were super active and pro-townie. We mindmelded and if they had listened to me, we would've won the game since I confirmed them as town and now they're acting completely different.

My Drac/Morda read was mostly due to that one post but I said about their role ability as a reaction test which Epic shot at, showing town cred to me, it was also to see if people would sheep for no reason.

I'm also being open and honest with everyone about my ability which I don't need to be. People can learn about what I do slowly but surely. I am trying to work out what is best for us today.

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
My ability is why I scumread DFL. Last game they were super active and pro-townie. We mindmelded and if they had listened to me, we would've won the game since I confirmed them as town and now they're acting completely different.
Sorry, I’m confused about this whole part, could you clarify some things? Surely you don’t mean your ability in this game, since you used it on Drac N1...unless you have another? And you’re saying DFL is acting different this game, yet they haven’t spoken in the thread at all since their joke vote. What do you know about their behavior that we don’t in this game, if anything?

Kiiruma

Dancer of Doom
I have a multi-part ability. @NinjaPenguin can confirm that. It's part of the reason I scumread DFL. Also, by being so inactive and uncaring that in itself IS different to Town!DFL from last game. That's what concerns me

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
*high-fives in maple syrup* What about the other points, though? You can't complain someone's ignoring you and then ignore someone yourself. :L
So you didn't know, wow Vom, I thought we were friends...
Joking about Canada aside, here's what I've got for the other reasons.

She's been trying to get on people's good sides from the beginning of the game by flattering them at the first chance she gets
I've only been flattering specific people because what I've been saying is genuine, with people like Zone it's because I played with him in a previous game and was giving my thoughts on what happened at that time since NP was asking, so that was purely just because it was relevant.
With others I didn't really think there was any harm to it since I was trying to be active (since I knew that was an issue in the last game I played, plus that was the time when I was ending BB4 and had activity issues) and being a new player who was worried about people attacking me for not knowing how to play the game "well enough", I wanted to be nice to the people I knew or recognized (people like NP, Gekki, Drac) so I wouldn't have to worry about that issue in the future since I'm close to them outside the game.

A lot of her posts are paragraphs long that could be shortened to a few sentences, fluffing the thread
I didn't even realize this was a bad thing to do. I thought I had to spend the extra sentences explaining myself because I never got a response from jplap, and when I tried to explain myself he would always respond with some kind of "How does that work?" or "I don't get what you're saying". I thought that was just something I had to do in-game.

Tunnel on jplap even after recognizing said tunnel was bad/going nowhere
Overly worried about how she's coming off (as shown by point #1) but further evidenced by her constant apologizing for being new and her rushing in to clear her name after being called out on not jumping on the Nick wagon.
That being said hopefully I've cleared up why these have been issues you've noticed with me.

'I wouldn't do this' or 'I'd do this if' statements are very rarely accepted as a reason in themselves since they inherently bring the entire point to a WIFOM. I get that you're more worried as a new player, but if you think in the town's best interests instead of your own there should be nothing to worry about.
I've spent all of my time thinking "I need to appear town so no one suspects me of being scum, because I don't want to lead people away from actually finding scum because I said something stupid". I've thought people would genuinely be angry at me if they spent all the time and effort suspecting me only to be lied to when I flip town and waste that effort.

The issue isn't that you pushed it, it's that you pushed it the way you did even after there were better options and it was clear jplap wasn't going to keep answering your questions.
I believed that continuing to pressure jplap would either cause him to leak information about being scum, or make people in the game believe he's town. I thought of how bb did a play in a previous game where he outright claimed I was scum, I freaked out, and my response led him to believe I was town. I didn't want to say anything about my intentions in thread, because if jplap saw it he'd immediately know what I was trying to do and it wouldn't work.
However I kept pushing past the point where people believed he was town, and that was because I genuinely believed he was scum and thought he was hiding things. (I've changed my mind at this point.) I tunneled too hard and that was a genuine mistake of not knowing how tunneling people works and knowing when to stop rather than trying to actually contribute.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
I have a multi-part ability. @NinjaPenguin can confirm that. It's part of the reason I scumread DFL. Also, by being so inactive and uncaring that in itself IS different to Town!DFL from last game. That's what concerns me
I want to say more on this but I just think you're being vague, just saying DFL is different from not being active isn't really something I get. I'm interested in the case on DFL but I really wish we just had more to go on, specifically from DFL themselves.

Drac/Morda: Likely scum. Drac did only 1 post through the entire game, and it was scummy. However, I'd like to see more posts from morda.
Unfortunately that's also where I stand on the case against Drac/Morda too, since I agree with Mariano here. I just want to see more from the people in question.

Though I think all I do have to go on currently is just that Blinkehyo's responses seem very strange to me, and the no lynch vote seems really out of place to me as well, they seem like the best current lead to follow.
##VOTE: Blinkehyo

NinjaPenguin

@NinjaPenguin. Have you already voted?
If not, then just do it. I don't care whether your vote was eaten or not, I want to see it.
I'll ##VOTE: Mordacazir.
Maybe this will give him motivation to post.
For instance, suggesting Zone not unnecessarily disclose his watch target if it wouldn’t give us info to scumhunt with, trying to get Zone to explain the vote on him instead of lashing back, etc.
Why couldn't scum want that info to be secretive? Why would the second thing be alignment indicative?
I can confirm you have a multi-part ability. I cannot confirm that it is part of the reason you scumread DFL.
I've spent all of my time thinking I need to appear town so no one suspects me of being scum, because I don't want to lead people away from actually finding scum because I said something stupid. I've thought people would genuinely be angry at me if they spent all the time and effort suspecting me only to be lied to when I flip town and waste that effort.
Yeah as town you generally blame the person getting mislynched not yourself lol.

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
/48 hr
##VOTE: GM Draclord
FOS on everyone who wanted 48 hours instead of 72. Can you explain why you vote me havent read day 1 yet.
Being concerned with how one appears to others is something scum should do not town
Although this is mostly correct, town should also keep this in mind for not myslynching and staying alive for majority.
I'm just gonna say this. I got to sneak a peak at a bit of GM's role. During the night they can permanently swap 2 people's abilities.
I can confirm this as true.
Except BB specifically said that he made the roles then randomized their alignment. literally any alignment can have any role
this, just this.
It might've been made beforehand but seriously that ability is not town-oriented. It could screw us over big time, scum could get rid of their worst ability for any other one of their choice
Why do you throw shade at me while TE literally just said that roles were randomized
##vote: Kiiruma

NinjaPenguin

FOS on everyone who wanted 48 hours instead of 72. Can you explain why you vote me havent read day 1 yet.

Although this is mostly correct, town should also keep this in mind for not myslynching and staying alive for majority.

I can confirm this as true.

this, just this.
Why do you throw shade at me while TE literally just said that roles were randomized
##vote: Kiiruma
Hey morda! Can you tag me when you fully catch up with a read that nobody else here has?

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
Sorry for posting twice
Hm. No, you don't. I pulled this last game (where I was scum), but at least I had a few more posts than this. Wording something in this way (I'd rather have y player than x player) is meant to get player y to have a more positive opinion of you, even subconsciously.
##VOTE: mordacazir
I have to agree that is certainly scummy. But it's kinda weird and hard to defend for something I myself didn't say. I'd say it was almost too obviously scummy to be scummy as Kiiruma sorta pointed out:
since it was sorta obvious.
Despite me being in towncore
Also this rubs me the wrong way. This seems too convinced and safe like scum trying to emphasis it's towncore status
On all the reads list being posted; Was it not a bad thing because now scum knows who to target? FOS on NP for that because he as an experienced player should know that is it isn't a good thing.

I had the indoor Nation athletic championships this weekend which I messaged to BB about but me subbing in and being unavailable for the first few days was bad timing.
I'm also being open and honest with everyone about my ability which I don't need to be. People can learn about what I do slowly but surely. I am trying to work out what is best for us today.
Which doesn't really matter because we can't read off abilities anyway cuz it is randomised. You can do this safely because you're scum and don't care about scum night killing you because of your pretty good ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.