Finished Mafia LIV: My Bastard Village-Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Day 5 End
Developer's Note: 11/7/18
"Unfortunately, today's vote has ended in a failure. You have failed us again, loyal players, and we are afraid our numbers may simply not be large enough. Our beloved app, and the system of in-app purchases that keeps it running, may simply not be enough anymore. We will update you soon on the future of this game, and the plans we wish to take."

GM DracLord was lynched. They were:
You are Madison (Username: PikachuGurl!!), and you are aligned with the Players. At only eight years old, you probably shouldn’t be playing this game, but it’s okay because your friends all play it anyways. Sure, your parents grounded you the last time they found out you were playing this game again, but it’s not like you’re cheating or anything!

Passive Ability: Guilty Child
Since you are only eight years old and you lied and said you were 108 so you would be old enough to make an account for this game, you are very guilty of lying and you’re not very good at being able to disguise being such a bad girl. At the beginning of Day 1, you will be revealed as the Guilty Child.

Active Ability: Plushie Says So
Whenever you have a question, you ask your Pikachu plushie, Xavier, who sits next to you as you sleep. You figure it can’t hurt to ask him to help you defeat these...Backers or whatever they are. Once a day, you may PM me ##PLUSHIE: Player. You will ask Xavier is that player is aligned with the Hackers, and he has a 50% chance of giving the correct answer.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Players.

100Final Vote Count
@GM DracLord (3): firekitten, TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK, TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK, bbninjas
firekitten (1): bbninjas, GM DracLord
roz_the_eevee (0): TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK

Not Voting: roz_the_eevee

The player who is lynched is tagged.

Do not post.

NinjaPenguin

Game Over
Developer's Note: 11/7/18
"Today, we're afraid, marks the end of our involvement in this game. We have lost the account of many valuable Players, and the Hackers appear to have come out on top. Our reporting system seems to have been a failure, and we can no longer ensure that our game is safe from wicked actions and exploitation of vulnerabilities in our code, nor can we reliably earn money from the purchase of gems anymore. The servers should keep running indefinitely, but we, the development team, have decided that it is in our best interest to leave this project and move onto another game. If you wish to keep playing, that is up to you, but this is the end of our involvement. We apologize, and thank you for your understanding."

Soon after this announcement, you and your fellow competitors reveal the truth about if you were Hackers or not, knowing that there is nothing you can do anymore about it.

bbninjas was unable to defeat the Hackers. They were:
You are Manny (Username: AuroraOfFun), and you are aligned with the Players. A charismatic individual and professional clown, you are beloved by all who know you as the caring, compassionate person you truly are. You decided to play My Bastard Village because a friend of yours pressured you into it, and you’ve stayed for the community as a fair player even though your original friend has long abandoned it.

Passive Ability: Tournament Loser
You have lost in the loser's bracket of the tournament. As such, all of your abilities have become locked out of your pure shame, and in the case of you being tied for the highest number of votes at the end of a day, your account will be eliminated, regardless of who reached that number of votes first.

Passive Ability: Long Lost Cousin
[Locked.]

Active Ability: Thirteen Years Old
[Locked.]

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Players.

TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK was able to avenge their brother's elimination and survive until the end of the game. They were:
You are Jake (Username: 1337Doge), and you are aligned with yourself. When not programming or making sure you’re on track for valedictorian, you spend your time on My Bastard Village. The game has very deep mechanics and a lot of impressive features along with having some open-source code, which you really enjoy. And all the populars at school play it, so you look pretty cool in the process.

Passive Ability: Annoying Twin
Your twin brother, Michael, also plays this game. Normally, you wouldn’t even bother with that stupid jock, but he’s popular so you figure associating with him might make you seem cool. You have a chat with Michael, and the link to that chat will be sent to you in a separate PM.

Passive Ability: Loser
Michael isn’t good for very much, but at least he can help you gather the confidence to talk to more people. If somebody doesn’t respond to one of Michael’s DMs, you will talk to them about something more relatable, and gain a chat to speak to them (though you’ll only be given their My Bastard Village username instead of their actual identity and vice versa). This ability will not be revealed upon you being eliminated from the game.

Passive Ability: Loyal Brother
[Locked.]

Passive Ability: H4xor-Prone
Michael’s account may be deleted, but you can take your revenge and eliminate everybody who was a direct cause of his elimination. And to do that, you need to ensure your own survival through your elite programming abilities. Through increasing your account security, you have made it so that every attack made against you by somebody that caused Michael’s elimination will have a half its original chance of succeeding. Additionally, your new win condition is to eliminate everybody who was a direct cause of Michael’s elimination, to get your petty revenge.

Win Condition: Eliminate all player/s who caused Michael to be eliminated and survive until the end of the game.

Firekitten was able to take over My Bastard Village with their fellow Hackers. They were:
You are Charles (Username: PartyAnimal), and you are aligned with the Hackers. As a professional party planner, you know how to have a blast. You started playing My Bastard Village, and it was kinda fun, but it really became something exciting when you discovered this cool exclusive clique planning to hack the game. You don’t hack it yourself, but you’ll totally support them.

Active Ability: Player Chat
You may not be able to communicate with your fellow Hackers anymore, but you can slide into DMs with whoever you wish. Once per player, you may PM me ##CHAT: Message to Player. That message will immediately be sent to that player, they will be able to give you one response, and then you will be able to give them one final response!

Active Ability: Party Don't Start
[Locked.]

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Hackers.

roz_the_eevee was able to take over My Bastard Village with their fellow Hackers. They were:
You are Michelle (Username: GrammarWoman), and you are aligned with the Hackers. A mother of two and high school English teacher, you play this game in your spare time when you aren’t trying to force your children off of their phones and to read books (ironic, you know, but you gave birth to them so you can make the rules). One of those geeks in your class offered to hack the game and allow you to bypass in-app purchases in exchange for a better grade, which you’ve done in order to play the game effectively on your meager teacher salary.

Passive Ability: Hacker Chat
You have a chat with all of your fellow hackers, to talk about how you plan to evade detection. The link to that chat will be sent to you in a separate PM.

Active Ability: Tournament Winner
You have won in the winner's bracket of the tournament. As such, you were able to choose an ability for yourself, and you chose a one-shot occupation! Once during the game, you may PM me ##OCCUPY: Player. Any abilities they use will be blocked.

Active Ability: Grammar Police
One of your best skills as a teacher is finding grammatical mistakes in your students’ work. And when you do, you will relentlessly hunt them down and make them pay for violating these sacred rules. At the beginning of every day, you will be given two grammatical mistakes. Once during the day, if a player makes that mistake, you may PM me ##GRAMMAR: Player and Post Number, where that post was where that player committed one of the grammatical mistakes (you can check with me to see if a post counts). You will get so angry at that player that they will decide to leave the game and delete their account, and there will be a 50% chance that their role is unable to be shown in the day update. You cannot use this ability on the same day any other Hackers eliminate a player’s account.

Active Ability: Word Choice
[Locked.]

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Hackers.

A couple of years later, you're reminiscing, and open up My Bastard Village again. Nothing seems to have changed, besides the removal of the Purchase Gems option in the toolbar. You open up the Tavern, to see if anybody is still around, and see two usernames you recognize with the word "Admin" next to them: PartyAnimal and GrammarWoman. Your memories of them quickly flood back, and you begin to type out a message it the chat. Yet soon you think of what they've done, stop typing, and quickly close and delete the app, never to return to it again.

Congratulations to our winners this game: the Hackers, MathBlade, firekitten, and roz_the_eevee, and the Independent, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK!

Links:
Manny and Blakers Chat
Twin Chat
Flirt Chat
Tavern Chat
Hacker Chat
Graveyard Chat

Stayed tuned for the postgames, where you'll get to learn some behind the scenes stuff from this game, design philosophy, my overall thoughts and specific player feedback, and the bastard elements of your role (though if you really want to know that part, feel free to ask me now). They should be up sometime this weekend!

Thank you so much for playing, everybody! You may all now post.

Last edited:

firekitten

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry I had to buss you math, If I didn't bb and violet would have known it was me if math flipped, I had to stop that from happening. As well, I want to say that I wasn't actually mad it was more of a show for town to show how long it took me to work on it and I'm actually mad. (When in reality it only took me 3 minutes to think about) Overall I had fun basically causing chaos.

Also, Funny thing is I didn't actually mean to do this whole plan at all. It basically was coming to me step at a step at a time and it eventually worked out. I think I did good creating my "softs" as neutral in tavern chat. The funniest part is that I told violet to flip a coin, they said tails and it landed on heads 5 times but I needed it to land on tails so I kept flipping it. As well, another funny part was when I basically told violet what I did but from a perspective of a neutral lol.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Humu. GG!
firekitten, don't expect anything rational to come from me next time we play together. You will be my target regardless of alignment.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Well, this was a fun game and certainly an exciting experience. I'd talk about the plays I made but a lot of it was just trusting what other people were telling me and sometimes calling someone out. It was fun being in communication with bbninjas and firekitten throughout the game, so thanks for holding my hand here and there. Not much else to say but that I feel a bit bad for accidentally killing off my town friends and thanks for the game!

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
On another note something I learned playing this game is I'm not allowed to like posts.

...That got difficult at times, people posted some great stuff.

Kiiruma

Dancer of Doom
It was a pleasure to meet you all!
I might not have been very accurate in my end reads but I'm glad I at least tried to do some stuff.
Dead chat was... Well dead.
Hope to see y'all around and be a valued member of your FM playerbase ^-^

Kiiruma

Dancer of Doom
My reads were absolutely terrible this game.
I guess being new really can be a disadvantage especially with people I don't know.
I'll learn about you guys that stick around, it seems I wasn't the only person who was new here too.
Good job Mafia.
Just wish I could've played for more than part of a day.

NinjaPenguin

Humu. GG!
firekitten, don't expect anything rational to come from me next time we play together. You will be my target regardless of alignment.
Eevee was the person who took the Easter Egg Zone, not FK! :O
On another note something I learned playing this game is I'm not allowed to like posts.

...That got difficult at times, people posted some great stuff.
Oh now that the game is over, you can feel free to like whatever post you want if you still remember any of them!
Also, thanks a ton for trying out Mafia for me, Vi! Did you end up enjoying it?

I just realized that I forgot to give a special thanks to everybody else who played mafia for their first time or their first time on here: R3, FK, Math, Vi, and Kiiruma. I hope to see you all again some time!

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Also, congrats to literally all of the new players. There were some dumb moments from everyone this game but none more glorious than mine. Congrats to Violet for making it to the last day even if it was in vain, and also to firekitten for being able to finesse his way through my mind. Finally, I would like to thank NP for being a great host and keeping the game interesting (even though I didn't participate in the events after the hunt for the easter egg...) and overall enjoyable. One last thing, I didn't get to welcome Kiiruma to the game so, I hope that you and the other first-timers that participated will continue to do so for the coming games!

MathBlade

Aspiring Trainer
@firekitten no worries I could tell it was a bus quite early. So I just sucked

Also I had a secondary wincon of lynching scum and eevee didn’t feel like bussing

@Dead chat sorry for saying I was Jester death Miller
Ninja said to

Status
Not open for further replies.