Finished Mafia LIV: My Bastard Village-Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Actually, now that I think about it again, I could somewhat ensure that Violet lives as long as any of you three votes me.
...I wonder whether it will be worth it or not though.

Zone Q11

Ah. Damnit. I've started talking cryptic again, didn't I?
...well, as long as it attracts attention and suspicion towards me, it should be fine.

firekitten

Aspiring Trainer
Save her, if they are evil doesn't harm much in the early game, and may actually help us, but mostly will probably be WIFOM. if they are Town yay.

But I still would rather lynch Quaker.

Also NO it's not worth asking to get votes on yourself

Zone Q11

Save her, if they are evil doesn't harm much in the early game, and may actually help us, but mostly will probably be WIFOM. if they are Town yay.

But I still would rather lynch Quaker.

Also NO it's not worth asking to get votes on yourself
Humu humu... Yeah, the thing is: This situation is actually not good at all from my POV.

Aside from my very heavy desire to have small wagons (which has been fulfilled thanks to all of you), I also dislike judging people based on the ones they substitute. Which means that ever since the moment the two substitutes joined the game, I was already thinking "This is not good". Reason:
Four people are on the major wagons.
One of them is myself. One of them I trust on bias. One is a somewhat less active substitute. And the last one is you, who is also a substitute.
If scattered and morda still aren't coming, then roz and I could potentially be the deciding factor between Violet or jplap. The problem is that while I don't know what roz is thinking and why he votes Violet, I am actually thinking of not voting at all if nothing else is going to happen from now on.

From what I see, the only one whose vote I don't understand is roz's. Violet, bbninjas and you are voting at jplap for either quaking's or jplap's behavior while Luis and jplap are voting Violet for TLS's behavior. I am at Violet for policy vote, but roz... I wonder why he voted Violet as well.

Zone Q11

Man, calm down I don't have time whenever I want to like you guys I have school from 8:20 to 15:50 I'll respond as soon as I have time
I know there is RL, but what kind of school are you in to not have some leisure time to play the game?

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
Yep! That's the plan~!

Me neither, but I hope it won't get important until D3. I want D2 to be full of D1 discussions!

Well... Things are getting sorted out.

The thing is: No town would've known the event was a trap of sorts. If what you are saying about no scum joining the event is true (which I instinctively don't believe), then everyone who participated are locktown.

Yep! Dunno about others, but I am not denying that my vote is a policy vote.

TL;DR You are about to get policy lynched if you don't start defending yourself by either convincing us to not lynch you or by voting Luis or me. You could technically stay at jplap, but since his vote count is two while yours is (currently) four, you are recommended to move your vote if you want to live.

Not necessarly all, but I doubt we would have more then 1. Especialy that event result was specificaly flavored as hacker one and if what FK says is truth - random person from losing side was dying cause of the event.

I can't really imagine scum willingly risking that much day 1.

Zone Q11

And finally: Read my fishy posts at #125 and #127 and tell me what you think of me
4. I will.
scattered, I trust you. I trust that you are a town because we have played together (or rather, against each other). But when you come back and don't respond to this section, then expect that "trust" to be lost.

Also, if you are thinking that I am not scum after all these fishy, scummy and even mild threatening posts, then you are lockscum. :D

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
Sorry guys I completely forgot about this until now and I need to sleep. Although to still contribute something here are a few of the things I have to say right now: (haven't really read the thread)
Sad quaking got subbed because he had some important points on him that we shouldnt forget.
I'm getting a bit confused by all the different things q11 is posting about.
two questions:
what is the thing on Jplap that I see kitten vote about?
What were the questions I need to answer. I'll be back tommorow morning

Zone Q11

Not necessarly all, but I doubt we would have more then 1. Especialy that event result was specificaly flavored as hacker one and if what FK says is truth - random person from losing side was dying cause of the event.

I can't really imagine scum willingly risking that much day 1.
Another problem would be: We weren't sure that scum even knows about the event (or at least I am not).

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
We have recently become aware of a very direct attempt from the Hackers to hack our event update system. We have managed to fix the vulnerability that they used to create a fake update, and can guarantee that all future events will in fact be ours, but we are unfortunately completely unable to save the account that the Hackers destroyed through their wicked antics. We deeply apologize for this

"acount that the Hackers destroyed through their wicked antics"

@Zone Q11

Tho you might be right that they didn't know what the event is or how would it work, I think they had to be somehow connected to it.

Zone Q11

Sorry guys I completely forgot about this until now and I need to sleep. Although to still contribute something here are a few of the things I have to say right now: (haven't really read the thread)
*screams internally* (<- for comedic purposes)
I'm getting a bit confused by all the different things q11 is posting about.
Sorry for that, I suppose...
Sad quaking got subbed because he had some important points on him that we shouldnt forget.
two questions:
what is the thing on Jplap that I see kitten vote about?
You basically answered it. jplap replaced quaking, so people who suspected quaking votes jplap. On the other hand, Violet substitutes TLS, and she now has four votes including mine.
What were the questions I need to answer.
Aside from the standard "Who do you think we should lynch?", there is nothing I want to ask. Dunno whether others have their questions though.

Zone Q11

"acount that the Hackers destroyed through their wicked antics"

@Zone Q11

Tho you might be right that they didn't know what the event is or how would it work, I think they had to be somehow connected to it.
Oh. That. About that... According to the flavor text, the event was actually hacked by the hackers. So flavor-wise they are indeed connected.

Zone Q11

By the way roz. Since you are here anyway, could you tell me why you voted Violet?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
It seems that people are just voting Shaymin (Violet) for being Shaymin, which is hilarious, but not what the game's about. This is why I don't support this lynch. To anyone who thinks this is contradictory to voting Quaking / Jplap, I am voting quaking (Jplap) for being scummy, not for being 'annoying', 'confusing', 'silly', etc.
People also seem to be voting Luis for overreacting, which is basically NAI for him. Zone is the only other lynch that I would consider valid -- Zone's list was contradictory and he didn't seem to care for lynching actual mafians. I am currently satisfied with the explanation that Zone wanted "large bandwagons", and that he was not specific enough in his reads, but I can see why others would not be satisfied with this.

There being four lynch options IS FANTASTIC, because it forces the scum to choose. If there's a mafian in the tie, that's a ton of information. Historically, we only have a single Day 1 lynch that everyone bandwagons on --- you can't get much information when everyone is doing the same thing.

If it was hacker made event wich could kill people, they wouldn't enter it, to avoid dying.
The general impression in our private chat was that the hackers didn't actually know what the event was, and that the "designed it" was just flavour.

@firekitten, @bbninjas. You know what my ability does. Are you two willing to save her?
Your Ability doesn't save people, we discussed this already. If you think that Violet is town and might be getting lynched, then take your vote off her and use your power on her. But you're not going to use your power on people you think is scum, as indicated by your vote. (So what you're suggesting is a bit contradictory.)

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
By the way roz. Since you are here anyway, could you tell me why you voted Violet?

POE more or less.
This is how VC looked like before I voted:

Luispipe8 (3): Dogger, MegaPod, roz
Violet (3): jplap, Zone, Luis
Zone Q11 (2): NICK, Drac
jplap (2): bbninjas, Violet
firekitten (1): morda

I didn't want to lynch Luis due to my reads and I didn't want to vote you nor FK due to the event for now.
That left Violet and Jplap.

Rest of between this 2 was my willingness to clear up the multi-split in votes and to create one-two solid wagons
If I voted jplap, nothing would change, Luis would go from 3 to 2, and Jplap would go from to 2 to 3.

Violeta had already voted and made them a solid first candidate wagon.
I still need to think which of this 2 I want to lynch, but at least we have a solid candidate now.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Game Update 4
Developer's Note: 10/17/18
"We want your reviews! To be more precise, we want you to tell the world just how much you love our game! So we're incentivizing these reviews like any good game! Until the end of this day phase, anybody can submit an exemplary 5 star review (in 400 words or less) of My Bastard Village by tagging me and putting it in a spoiler, like the review below:
-Literal Life Saver 5/5 Stars
April 23, 2015 MyBastardBoi857
Before buying My Bastard Village, I was lonely. My friends hated me, I could find any dates, and was two months behind on my rent. Now, I’m married with 3 children and living in a deluxe mansion in Beverly Hills! This game allows me to relax and having a feeling of control over the world, getting my life in shape.
The reiwew that we determine to be the best at showcasing what this game truly has to offer will get to place the first building on the community map, which will be related to a new mechanic soon to be released, out of these three:
Love Shack~Increases Players' ability to survive.
Archery Range~Increases Players' ability to eliminate the Hackers.
Church~Grants the possibility of a divine miracle.

Good luck!

P.S. We noticed nobody has found the Easter Egg yet. It's hidden within a quote of a post made by somebody other than the developers. Happy hunting!"

100Vote Count 4
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK (0): roz_the_eevee
bbninjas (0): mordacazir, GM DracLord, scattered mind
scattered mind (0): bbninjas, Zone Q11
Luispipe8 (2): xDoggerx, MegaPod_781, roz_the_eevee
xDoggerx (0): Luispipe8
GM DracLord (0): quakingpunch73
MegaPod_781 (0): scattered mind, The Last Shaymin, Zone Q11
@VioletValkyrie (4): MegaPod_781, TheR3DX, quakingpunch73, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, Zone Q11, Luispipe8, roz_the_eevee
firekitten (1): quakingpunch73, Luispipe8, mordacazir
Zone Q11 (3): The Last Shaymin, TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK, GM DracLord
Professor_jplap (2): bbninjas, bbninjas, bbninjas, VioletValkyrie, firekitten

Not Voting: scattered mind

Player who would currently be lynched if the day ended right now is tagged.

MegaPod_781 has requested to be subbed out. I am currently contacting the subs to check their availability, and one will sub in for him soon.

Inactivity List:
Has not posted four times today (pace of once a day):
@xDoggerx
Has not posted eight times today (pace of twice a day):
@GM DracLord

There are less than 24 hours before the day ends. Since this game is nightless, be sure to get your actions in that time while you still can.

Last edited:

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
The archery and church seem like the best one IMO, I think the church would revive someone.

Maybe it's the fact that I play Big Brother way more than Mafia but I'm interested in the Church too and I'd like for it to be a revival. Though I like the Archery Range as well, anyone have any other thoughts on this?

For starters, seeing as you know what scummy means, I assume that you know how to play this game.
Regarding your alignment and role: Don't claim them. Keep asking the GM about it until you fully comprehend what you are and what you can do.
Regarding our current situation: ...well, I can't exactly say anything else than "It is a mess."

It really is a mess, isn't it...
I've played one game of Mafia in person, but I just know a lot of people who have played the game on this site before so I've learned the term.

Rest of between this 2 was my willingness to clear up the multi-split in votes and to create one-two solid wagons
If I voted jplap, nothing would change, Luis would go from 3 to 2, and Jplap would go from to 2 to 3.

Violet had already voted and made them a solid first candidate wagon.
I still need to think which of this 2 I want to lynch, but at least we have a solid candidate now.

Your Ability doesn't save people, we discussed this already. If you think that Violet is town and might be getting lynched, then take your vote off her and use your power on her. But you're not going to use your power on people you think is scum, as indicated by your vote. (So what you're suggesting is a bit contradictory.)

I'm guessing this discussion is related to the private chat mentioned earlier, but this just leaves me confused.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
The votecount has now been updated. If the day was to end right now, VioletValkyrie will be lynched.

Status
Not open for further replies.