Finished Mafia LIV: My Bastard Village-Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would appreciate an explanation for your intention to vote Luis because it doesn't make sense to me?
Well, you guys seem to think that my role is dependant on Luis'. So if Luis can flip scum, that means that I get to die next, right? That's pretty much the best I can get right now. I've been trying to die since D3, but scum simply wouldn't listen to me.
...hey @MathBlade, can you tell me the reason for this? (Also, make sure to call me a scumbuddy to throw more shade on me.)

Well, you guys seem to think that my role is dependant on Luis'. So if Luis can flip scum, that means that I get to die next, right? That's pretty much the best I can get right now. I've been trying to die since D3, but scum simply wouldn't listen to me.
...hey @MathBlade, can you tell me the reason for this? (Also, make sure to call me a scumbuddy to throw more shade on me.)

Post game sure :)
Scumbuddy ;)

Post game sure :)
No. Seriously. Why? I want to hear it now.
Because keeping me alive will throw off town?
I'm perfectly fine with scattered's kill, but jplap could've been used as a tool to throw off town as well. I've clearly seen some players who've thought that jplap was converted to scum, so why did you all kill him instead of firekitten or bbninjas? Even NICK would do. He's on V/LA, so you could've killed him without town talking too much about it. You could've let jplap look scummier by killing literally anyone else but him. Yet you didn't. Why is that? jplap isn't even active. I know he isn't. I've played with him and I know he's only active around the start of the game. So tell me: Why him?

I wouldn't do that if I were you...

Why? If there was a 75% chance you could win the lottery wouldn't you take the chance?

Besides, you're wanting to get lynched. That way we'll know if it's an elaborate ruse or not, because let's be real: with all the drama you put yourself together in our scumchat last game I'd be perfectly fine believing you're making a Broadway-level scheme with Math so that we don't lynch you.

Well, you guys seem to think that my role is dependant on Luis'.

Also, wtf with this? Since when have I been tied to Zone? .-.

Why? If there was a 75% chance you could win the lottery wouldn't you take the chance?
Remember what happened with Keeper last game? "Mr. Former Scumbuddy."
Besides, you're wanting to get lynched. That way we'll know if it's an elaborate ruse or not, because let's be real: with all the drama you put yourself together in our scumchat last game I'd be perfectly fine believing you're making a Broadway-level scheme with Math so that we don't lynch you.
I'd love to be KILLED. Not lynched.
Also, wtf with this? Since when have I been tied to Zone? .-.
Since I told bbninjas that I trust him and and you on bias and since I had followed your orders to vote GM Draclord when you thought that he was the one who posted the post which eventually became your lead. Basically, I did this. It was me who attached my alignment to yours. ...oh, and you are partially to blame for this because you put me at your lowest spot Yesterday. Even below yourself.
Funny, is it not? Yesterday you said you didn't want to lynch me, fearing that I might be a jester, but now you simply go along with bbninjas and GM Draclord's lead.
I wonder. Why now and not Yesterday?

No. Seriously. Why? I want to hear it now.
Because keeping me alive will throw off town?
I'm perfectly fine with scattered's kill, but jplap could've been used as a tool to throw off town as well. I've clearly seen some players who've thought that jplap was converted to scum, so why did you all kill him instead of firekitten or bbninjas? Even NICK would do. He's on V/LA, so you could've killed him without town talking too much about it. You could've let jplap look scummier by killing literally anyone else but him. Yet you didn't. Why is that? jplap isn't even active. I know he isn't. I've played with him and I know he's only active around the start of the game. So tell me: Why him?

Any answer I give the thread would be wine. I am so glad you asked though. Will post in thread later something juicy.

I debated answering with the truest lie but instead I think us leaving town with the pain of not knowing is so much better.

@Luispipe8 if you flip wolf, zone is spewed wolf. Wolf would lynch a jester in a heart beat, but you fearing him to be a jester is what made this connection. It means nothing if you aren't a wolf however

Any answer I give the thread would be wine. I am so glad you asked though. Will post in thread later something juicy.

I debated answering with the truest lie but instead I think us leaving town with the pain of not knowing is so much better.
I'll revive you if you tell me why.
*insert serious face*
@Luispipe8 if you flip wolf, zone is spewed wolf. Wolf would lynch a jester in a heart beat, but you fearing him to be a jester is what made this connection. It means nothing if you aren't a wolf however
Fun fact: I don't know Luis' alignment. So if my death comes after his (likely) scumflip, I have no problems with that.

Game Update 14
Developer's Note: 10/30/18
"We've decided that it would be best to tune up your abilities to effectively find Hackers, and there's no better place to do that than from seeing how you would have performed in previous situations like this. In the spoiler below are 10 quotes from past mafia games. The first five are from the first 200 posts of their game, the second five are made during a LYLO/MYLO situation or the last day of the game. Player names have been censored in these quotes, as to prevent anybody from remembering these games. Your goal is to identify which of the quotes came from scum, and which of them came from townies, and submit those answers via PM in a spoiler like the one below the quotes. The player with the most correct answers will win the ability to learn the bastard element of their role, if any (in the case of a tie, the player to submit first wins)!

Quote 1 said:
What I can see here is a lot of abilities being used during Night 0.
  1. Twelve votes to lynch. That's not the majority... Someone's gone and decreased the vote weight.
  2. Two players to lynch. Probably another ability, but it seems powerful; might be a one-off.
  3. "Someone's dreams have become a reality!" could also be in the update via use of an ability.
We should figure out the roles that each of these suspected abilities might respond to. There could be scum behind any of them.
Quote 2 said:
Well, there is an echo and there is a scummy echo. If you refer to the former, meaning the sheer fact she repeated what you said, yes it can be called an echo. I am just saying that it is not uncommon that during RVS someone makes a questionable post, and get a couple of responses (by 2 responses I meant yours and [Player 1]'s) instead of one. If the case were that you voted someone, and [Player 1] voted the same person, you would not call it echo, you would call it a pressure.
Quote 3 said:
@[Player 1] I think that the OMGUS conflict between [Player 2] and [Player 3] is important, but I think both (for now) are townie.

So for in day one I say either Nolynch, ##VOTE: [Player 4], or [Player 5].
Quote 4 said:
@[Player 1] vote [Player 2]

It's not unrealistic at all. If you don't participate you are scum. They can't find the seer if people participate correctly. Those without information roles would need to guess more town than scum. If scum could determine who seer was enough information would be posted where we win.
Quote 5 said:
We need to be careful with how we handle new players. They're in a Catch-22 on this site. They can either:
- Panic -- Scumtell
- Be Calm -- Being coached -- Scumtell
- Lurk -- Scumtell
- Post fluffy posts -- Scumtell

New players to werewolf aren't going to contribute mountains. They're already at a disadvantage because we can't metaread them (imagine if a new player played like me or [Player 1]; we'd lynch them right away) and so we can't get caught up on what are alleged scumtells and we need to focus on the bigger picture. Also my personal philosophy of "bettering the community is more important than winning the game" means that I don't think we should lynch [Player 2] today in any case.

##UNVOTE VOTE: [Player 3] because you've been around long enough. I don't find it scummy that you used RNG. I find it scummy that you backpedaled and denied doing so. If you'd have ridden out the storm instead of fighting it, you would have less votes on you. As it stands now, you panicked hardcore and admitted to lying (which we should technically LaL you for anyway). It shows an unnatural need to not have any suspicion on you, which is something you usually have when you're scum (and most players do). That's why I want to lynch you today -- not a random D&D joke @[Player 4].

Quote 6 said:
I silenced him because I had to pick someone. I think he's scum, so it's natural that I pick him.

@[Player 1] I'd rather not run out the clock on this. How can I convince you to change your vote?
Quote 7 said:
I don't think [Player 1] and [Player 2] would bus eachother so much as scum. I'm a townie, so there's either 1 QT member that's scum, or the unlikely bus. Personally, the unlikely bus, combined with the ulikely setup, makes 1 QT member is scum seem much more likely.

[Player 3] is not suspicious for this at all. From his POV (assuming he is a townie), the person who survived two nightkills isn't scum. Either [Player 4] and 2 QT members are scum or [Player 4], 1 QT member, and someone who is almost confirmed indie is scum. Of course, its only natural to assume the two QT members are scum. Then, who seems to be working together in the QT? Me and [Player 2].
I'm pretty sure he is a scum, since those possibilities both seem unlikely. But the reasoning he's using is not flawed.
Quote 8 said:
Yes, we can lose...

The wolf is confirmed to be be one of THREE people (me, [Player 1], [Player 2]).

We get TWO lynches before the wolf wins.
Quote 9 said:
Give me one reason why you guys suspect me.
Quote 10 said:
But then again if we really want to do it.. You need to use your vote [Player 1]

Since me N [Player 2] have 1 vote weight
[Player 3] have 2

We need your vote of at least 1 and have me n [Player 2] vote for [Player 3] to prevent getting a tie

Quote 1:
Quote 2:
Quote 3:
Quote 4:
Quote 5:
Quote 6:
Quote 7:
Quote 8:
Quote 9:
Quote 10:

Since this took a while too set up and post, you have 46.5 hours to submit for this Game Update. You are not allowed to research past games of mafia on here, or attempt to find these quotes in any way, nor may you communicate about this Game Update either in-thread or in outside chats.

The following players have broken the word censor since yesterday and cannot submit for this contest (though I'd still love to see you submit just so I can as a human see the philosophy behind your reads): bbninjas, firekitten, Luispipe8, Zone Q11
TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK also cannot submit, as his village was exploded by the bomb.

The bomb exploded at 12:04 PM EST, in the hands of TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK!"

Since votes are anonymous today, there will be no vote count.

Inactivity List (Nick is on limited access until Wednesday and will not be counted here):
Has not posted two times today (pace of once a day):
Nobody!
Has not posted four times today (pace of twice a day):
@GM DracLord

There are 70.5 hours remaining in the day.

P.S. I forgot to note breaking the word censor for yesterday's Game Update. This was unable to change anything since Nick didn't pass the bomb, and will soon be corrected.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone is seriously expecting truthful questions from Math... he's mafian. Anything he says this day should be treated with a grain of salt.

Awww guess I won’t be answering those questions then after all. Shucks.
What are you even talking about?
Your offer was to give questions related to scum. Your request was for all of us to vote NinjaPenguin.
My offer was to revive you. My request is for you to answer the question.

See that up there? You didn't want to say anything about answering questions. You just want to give questions, which would probably only confuse town. Which are useless to me, because I only want MY questions answered.
Just in case anyone is seriously expecting truthful questions from Math... he's mafian. Anything he says this day should be treated with a grain of salt.
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7P4F86TAI9Kz7XYk/giphy.gif
He didn't even offer anything useful for me... This is a useless attempt.

It is a pointless to even offer any deals with him because you will not be able to determine if he's telling the truth or lying.

It is a pointless to even offer any deals with him because you will not be able to determine if he's telling the truth or lying.
It doesn't matter. I just want an answer from scum. As long as the answer isn't as stupid as "we rolled a dice" or "it was on a whim", I am willing to accept it.

It doesn't matter. I just want an answer from scum. As long as the answer isn't as stupid as "we rolled a dice" or "it was on a whim", I am willing to accept it.
Zone, I... would save yourself the headache, I stopped listening to him a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back