Finished Mafia LIV: My Bastard Village-Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@VioletValkyrie --- No idea why Violet also ignored this lead.
I was fairly satisfied by the claim that the message belonged to Drac as that's what made the most sense to me but I'm curious to either hear more about the claim on Dogger or just have someone repeat it since I'm blind and can't find things in-thread.
I'll take your word for it, but I don't really know how I'm supposed to agree or disagree with something like that, so my thoughts on it are just going to remain mixed for now.
Hey @bbninjas, can I ask what you said to convince Luis of that?

I thought at this point I'd said all I had to say on it for now, but I'll give your post another look and see if there's more I have to comment on.
I've also been a little disconnected to the game recently and am trying to get myself back in, it's less of me ignoring it and more just thinking you made a post covering things I already understood and telling the others to say what they think of it.

About luis lead on the chat. That message in no way indicate any people if it was done in the discord. Ibeleive the way we f communication between plaers are totally differentfrom a qt and discord.

I don't believe this for a second, the only way personally that I'll ever type differently is if I'm incredibly close to someone, in which case I will actually change my typing habits. It never depends on where I'm typing the message, and in forum games especially, I'll always type them formally because of the rule of thumb that I won't know the people I'm communicating with very well. I believe the way I've seen this message typed out (and others) is the best evidence I have to go off of, whether it would be a QT, Discord, or in thread.

I believe it's incredibly likely the chat is done through Discord, every chat I have for this game is through Discord, as well as being a forum game hostess in the past and having players asked to be contacted through Discord instead of any other means. It makes things more convenient for the players and I know NP most likely recognized this and made a decision to host the scum chat on Discord rather than anything else.

I have zero problems scumreading someone who wants to be scumread. Lol

Sorry super busy
You know, I would've had zero to minus one problems of you scumreading me, had you not said that you are super busy. I get that it is the truth, but it doesn't feel right for me to let someone loose when we have less than 26 hours until I get lynched for good.
Now you see why I gave up? I've been posting that SINCE THE BEGINNING OF DAY 2 and nothing. This town just won't town; and not even the mafians are trying to town.
As a certain town had recently said: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just as how you can't play chess effectively when your opponent is AFK most of the time, you can't play this game when half of all players are inactive.
I don't believe this for a second, the only way personally that I'll ever type differently is if I'm incredibly close to someone, in which case I will actually change my typing habits. It never depends on where I'm typing the message, and in forum games especially, I'll always type them formally because of the rule of thumb that I won't know the people I'm communicating with very well. I believe the way I've seen this message typed out (and others) is the best evidence I have to go off of, whether it would be a QT, Discord, or in thread.

I believe it's incredibly likely the chat is done through Discord, every chat I have for this game is through Discord, as well as being a forum game hostess in the past and having players asked to be contacted through Discord instead of any other means. It makes things more convenient for the players and I know NP most likely recognized this and made a decision to host the scum chat on Discord rather than anything else.
I see. However, the question of "who could it have been" is still a mystery. I don't get it. I don't get why you all are focused on "where" this is posted instead of "why" it is posted.
I already stated my three suspects. What about you guys? Do you think we can narrow down this scum if we lynch all three of them?
I'll check the Luis lead when I can.
Sorta at work atm
...welp. Good luck with that (catching up). If you still haven't looked up Luis' lead yet, then you might want to sacrifice some sleep hours if you're dedicated to this match.

I already stated my three suspects. What about you guys? Do you think we can narrow down this scum if we lynch all three of them?
Yeah, in theory that would be the most effective method and I don't really have an argument against the suspects.

I don't get why you all are focused on "where" this is posted instead of "why" it is posted.
I'm going to forward this to @GM DracLord because that makes sense, however they were the first one to respond against the claim that the scumchat would be placed in Discord, which after you mention this doesn't really seem like an argument worth making if it doesn't matter where the message was posted. And the only thing I can think of is to try and fight against the claim that this message is from the scumchat. I'd like to hear more.

...welp. Good luck with that (catching up). If you still haven't looked up Luis' lead yet, then you might want to sacrifice some sleep hours if you're dedicated to this match.
Yikes. Giving up sleep hours to follow along seems pretty intense, not gonna lie...

• "Left" what? What thing did this person leave?
  • Why is the person who wrote this message concerned about people "wondering why they left"?

This is something I didn't bring up previously because I honestly didn't know how to answer to it in a way that's actually related to the game or beneficial at all. I'm really hung up on this and these are the kinds of questions I'm not very good at finding the answers to.

If you're curious why I didn't say my thoughts thinking they were unrelated, it's because the only answer to these questions I could think of is people leaving PokeBeach, that is, the site itself, for personal reasons. Obviously I doubt it that this would be actually related to the game at hand, but I felt I wouldn't really lose anything by mentioning it. It's not really anything to go off but it's all I have to say I suppose.

As for anything related to the game I could think of, choosing to leave a scum chat isn't an option, right? You can't just be a scum member and then decide to leave and become town?
Maybe stop playing the game, which could be inferred as subbing out and being replaced by someone else?

That brings me to "suspect" Kiiruma, and that's in quotes because I honestly don't even think that's a proper basis to suspect someone, it's just grasping at straws. It's kind of all I have to go off of, but if anyone has anything else to add, hopefully I'm being helpful?

This may be my last post for a few hours. I'm going to say that ahead of time because I'm not really fond of having to say "Sorry I was busy with real life" after being away for a while.

Yeah, in theory that would be the most effective method and I don't really have an argument against the suspects.
...you do realize that one of those suspects is you, right? My "suspects" are you, MathBlade and Kiiruma.
And the only thing I can think of is to try and fight against the claim that this message is from the scumchat. I'd like to hear more.
The thing is: I can't. In my point of view, their logic is correct. Since nobody claimed to have said these words, it is more likely to have come from-- ... actually(?), the fact that it comes from players who've been substituted doesn't have to mean that they are scum. However(!), the fact that the substitute hasn't said anything about it yet would mean that the substitute is either scum, or that the substitute doesn't have access to the chat... URGH. Too much thinking. Too much possibilities. I'll drop this thought.
Yikes. Giving up sleep hours to follow along seems pretty intense, not gonna lie...
2. Who has the strangest sense of humor? Zone
Too bad this isn't humor... (<- Really went to sacrifice sleep hours for this game.)
As for anything related to the game I could think of, choosing to leave a scum chat isn't an option, right? You can't just be a scum member and then decide to leave and become town?
I wish this is true... because then I would've changed my alignment to scum in a split second.
However, from scum to town is very unlikely. They would know who are scum after all, and that would be unfair.
The same goes for vice versa. Less town and more scum is not fair.
Maybe stop playing the game, which could be inferred as subbing out and being replaced by someone else?
This is the more likely answer.
It's kind of all I have to go off of, but if anyone has anything else to add, hopefully I'm being helpful?
To be honest, you simply talking is already enough for me. Many among us are already inactive, so every active person here is kinda nice.

What about roles that kill others when executed? There's a lot of those around and it could really harm us. The fact you aren't concerned is worrying

Anything can exist. It’s a bastard game. Trying to outguess the mod in a bastard game is fools play.

Game Update 12
Developer's Note: 10/27/18
"Today's Game Update has unfortunately been canceled, due to the lack of people having a free trial.

The only piece of art up to the vigorous standards we set was from Kiiruma! Congratulations, you may now make a wish by having it bolded and purple in-thread (note that if it's too powerful, I may end up corrupting it).

The building that has been chosen for the community map is the Constable's Office."

100Vote Count 4
Vote Spoilers:
Zone Q11: Vote 1, Current Votes
GM DracLord: Current Votes
VioletValkyrie: Current Votes
Luispipe8: Current Votes

Not Voting: @Professor_jplap, @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, @bbninjas, @Kiiruma, @MathBlade, @roz_the_eevee, @firekitten

Due to the nature of voting today, there can't be a tally of votes as is typical (once more votes come in, I'll try to get a more complex tally, but still only four people have voted so far). The player who would currently be lynched if the day ended right now is @Zone Q11. Get your votes in. Regardless of alignment, voting is extremely crucial to winning this game, and if you do not vote, there will be major consequences. I will try to get a vote count with more people voting before EoD. You can always switch your vote after making it, so there's absolutely no excuse for not having a vote in.

Inactivity List (Nick is on limited access until next Wednesday and will not be counted here):
Has not posted four times today (pace of once a day):
@Professor_jplap
Has not posted eight times today (pace of twice a day):
@GM DracLord
@Luispipe8

There are 23.5 hours remaining in the day.

Anything can exist. It’s a bastard game. Trying to outguess the mod in a bastard game is fools play.
You have just insulted everyone who were discussing about the lead. Are you saying we should simply vote randomly? :mad:
I don’t have to try to be town I just am.
...unless you are a newbie, this is not even WIFOM for me. This is straight up taunting.

Why is this led not really that strong?

It is a post from an OOC chat. The fact that noone has claimed it suggests that it is from the mafian chat. So we can use clues from context and clues from how the message is written to figure out who is a mafian. How is that not a strong lead?? Unless you think Luis is lying, in which case you should be pushing for Luis.

I don't see you pursuing better leads... Drac claimed having a 50% cop, unprovoked. You claim have some convoluted flavour cop. They can both exist on innocents in the same setup, especially when the both seem weak / bastardised.

My best lead is that text you got
Smalls like mafia being caught
Yet you don't want to cooperate
So we kinda got into a stalemate.
I don't see why If I'm indie town would ask
So their author name saying is your task.

The fact that whoever Luis found is scum, I have no problems with. That is indeed a strong lead. The problem is who could've used that sentence in the context.

It could've been one among xDoggerx, MegaPod_781 and TheLastShaymin, but aside from this "lead", there is nothing else. So what if I see a possible scum among three people? That's basically the same as Drac's 50% ability.
Ah, my apologies. I swear I read this, haha. While I do still stand by my recent claim it's likely that the message about leaving is related to subbing out, I think it's better to just suspect the three of us and fire a shot at whoever seems most likely. No, I'm not just saying that because I'm included in those suspects.

The only piece of art up to the vigorous standards we set was from Kiiruma! Congratulations, you may now make a wish by having it bolded and purple in-thread (note that if it's too powerful, I may end up corrupting it).

On a side note, I'm actually kind of interested in this, I figured the ability to make a wish was just a specific thing you would be told and would just be kept secret until then. Kind of like the activation method for reporting a person, and it was just a specific effect. I guess you have a lot of flexibility here?

What if he wishes for a day vig, that way he can shoot drac. If you say he types like that we could kill him and lynch someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back