Finished Mafia LI: Senate Subterfuge~Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splitting hairs. You know what I was referring to.
No, I replied to your point. You said exactly what you meant: preemptively defending yourself is the intention, and in the intention is where alignment-indicative behaviour lies.

No, I replied to your point. You said exactly what you meant: preemptively defending yourself is the intention, and in the intention is where alignment-indicative behaviour lies.
Okay, we'll do this dance.

Saying something scummy and then saying "and before anyone accuses me of this bad behavior, here's an excuse" is scummy.

If you go to post something and decide against it, or phrase it differently, that is not inherently scummy, because of course it isn't. Otherwise literally every post in the game could be considered a scumtell. "That sounds like a townie post! String him up!"

@Yog; and @Professor_jplap, since you're being drawn into PMJ's tunnel. :p

SUMMARY OF PMJ's CASE
PMJ's case on me revolves around how I 'defended' Lele Day 2, claiming that I was displaying uncertainty over Lele's flip in an attempt to move people's votes. This is despite me actively saying that "Lele should definitely be lynched today". How could I trying to get people off the Lele wagon, while also advocating for their lynch?? That would be counter-productive. Additionally, I never offered an alternative lynch - which is fundamental if I was to get someone else lynched. Hence, to move people off the wagon cannot have been my motive. (All PMJ's other points make sense only if there is a significant connection to Lele, which there is not.) Full post here.

SUMMARY OF THE CASE ON PMJ
The town was eager to lynch me, but hesitant to suspect PMJ. (I believe you would be reading around the point of where I'm talking about right now.) If it was town-town or scum-scum, the scum team would be supporting the wagons about straight down the middle. However, if this was scum-town, the scumbuddies would try and ignore any accusations against a fellow buddy (i.e. PMJ), resulting in the apathy.

He's pushing me as if I'm the best and only option, yet he hasn't properly looked at anyone else until the last 24 hours of the day. How did he know that I was the option, and be so confident about it? What reference point is there? Was he even paying attention? This is evidence of selectiveness.

The fact that PMJ had to tag all the inactive players shows that he's a) panicking and b) tunneling - being vocal and loud to win votes - which is highly scummy.

PMJ needs to step back and let all the other players catch-up, read and formulate, because right now he is saturating the thread in a panic, to develop an illusion of there being only a single lynch option.

Okay, we'll do this dance.

Saying something scummy and then saying "and before anyone accuses me of this bad behavior, here's an excuse" is scummy.

If you go to post something and decide against it, or phrase it differently, that is not inherently scummy, because of course it isn't. Otherwise literally every post in the game could be considered a scumtell. "That sounds like a townie post! String him up!"
There's no difference in intention between both of those actions.

Your final paragraph is correct: using your logic, literally every post in the game could be considered a scumtell. That's the point: your logic is wrong, and you're shaping bb's posts into scumtells, using logic that can be applied to nigh-on every other post in the game.

PMJ needs to step back and let all the other players catch-up, read and formulate, because right now he is saturating the thread in a panic, to develop an illusion of there being only a single lynch option.
I concur with this. Hopefully people can see my fellow flooding is reactionary to PMJ's and not preferable for me.

Anyone who wants to entertain bb's case on me needs only look at my response to it to know why everything he said is demonstrably false.

GAME FREEZE
I'm unfortunately busy so the update could take up to an hour and a half. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Day 3 End
After the success of yesterday, everybody felt confident about catching another member of the Triumvirate until another fight flared up. The two men quarreled from sunrise to sunset, and everybody watched mouths agape, trying to give input on which of these rowdy individuals ought to be removed. In the end, the argument was back and forth, but one candidate was barely chosen to be removed.

bbninjas was lynched. He was:
You are Gnaeus Pompeius (Pompey) Magnus, and you are aligned with the Triumvirate. With your strong support of Sulla and the optimates (which you may have turned against in this conflict, but whose causes you still are firmly with), you rose to the top of the republic in terms of political importance. Your military strength was enough to override the fact that you would be rising to all of your positions illegally and without climbing the cursus honorum. With the help of your allies, you’ve had your military become a powerful force to reckon with.

Passive Ability: Triumvirate Chat
To start a revolution, one's team must talk together. You have access to the Triumvirate communication channel, which will be sent to you in a separate PM.

Active Ability: Controversial Bill
Many of your bills, besides explicitly being in your own interest, are very difficult to pass through the senate successfully. As such, if you barely muster through a vote, a lot of upset individuals will come to express just that. Once during the game, if you hammer somebody’s lynch, you may PM the hosts ##CONTROVERSY. That night, all players who did not vote that day’s lynch at the end of the day will use their actions on you, but you will be immune to all negative effects from it. You may not use this action the same night you use War Command.

Active Ability: War Command
As a veteran of war expeditions, you have the influence to send everybody where you want for a conquest. Now, you will send them on long and inconvenient trips to, well, wherever you want. Once a night, you may PM the hosts ##EXPEDITION: Player 1 to Player 2. Player 1 will then use their action on Player 2 that night. You may not use this action the same night you use Controversial Bill.

Win Condition: Eliminate all the Loyalists.

Final Vote Count:
@bbninjas (5): PMJ, Jabberwock, Yog, Luispipe8, Professor_jplap
GekkisaiDaiNi (o): Acetainer_Samwise
Acetrainer_Samwise (0): Celever
Luispipe8 (1): scattered mind
PMJ (4): Acetrainer_Samwise, Celever, bbninjas
Professor_jplap (1): GM DracLord

Abstaining:
mordacazir, GekkisaiDaiNi, Jadethepokemontrainer, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, mirdo, OshaCraft360

You barely made it to the threshold to not get punished for noting voting enough, but 6 players not voting at the end of the day is still quite high and it would be good to change this.

The following players did not post four times today and are hereby warned:
@mordacazir, @Professor_jplap, @GekkisaiDaiNi, @Jadethepokemontrainer, @Luispipe8, @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

OshaCraft has been subbed out for @Robin Aisaga. Mirdo has been subbed out for @Mariano11887 at his request. Both of you, please like this post to confirm your role.

If we had more subs, more of you would be going. Any potential subs who see this should still PM me if they want to play.
Night 3 Start
Night 3 has now begun, and will end in 47 hours, on June 13th at 6:00 PM EST. You may not post during the night, but can chat in QTs.

Day 4 Start
A man, more virtuous and influential than those killed before, was walking home following the proceedings, when a rogue assassin came up behind him and delivered a life sucking blow. His last words: "Caesar must never win."
The senate floor was buzzing with chaos after the death of this great statesman, to the point where Vrackenian and Penguinius could not clam down the men. They needed to continue on the path to success, however, and soon enough of the senator recovered to the point where they could speak.

Luispipe8 was killed. He was:
You are Marcus Porcius Cato Uticensis, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. Beloved by friends and enemies for being absolutely incorruptible, you are a paragon of excellence in this time. Though you are a member of the optimates, you really stand with whatever is in the best interests of the people, and that means stopping Caesar from a rise to power.

Passive Ability: Caesar Roadblock
You had constant and strong opposition to Caesar, for so often trying to take his own power and legal immunities through corrupt methods. At the beginning of N0, you will be given a list of fifteen players other than yourself. One of those players will be Caesar (who is aligned with the Triumvirate). Every time a player on that list dies and is not Caesar, you will cross off another name on the list that also is not Caesar. Every time a player on that list dies and is not Caesar but another player aligned with the Triumvirate, you will cross one more name off the list.

Active Ability: Filibuster
Your ability to drone on and on and on for hours is simply unparalleled. So much so that you alone can literally halt the senate's decisions, preventing anything new from being accomplished that day. Usually people would hate you for it, but your strict morals, and adherence to the rules, and tradition means your ability to stall has actually benefited the senate, allowing you to get away with what is usually frowned upon.
Once a game, during the day, you may post in thread ##FILIBUSTER. Once you do, further voting and ability usage will be locked for the day, though it will otherwise continue as normal, ensuring whoever has the most votes is eliminated.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Republic.

Day 4 has now begun, and will end in 96 hours, on June 17th at 6:00 PM EST. You all may now post. Vote counts will come daily today, and you are expected to make at least 4 posts today. I'm unavailable to send out action PMs until the morning, which is the only reason this day will last 96 hours. Those who have not made it to 4 posts so far will be tagged in every vote count until they do.

Last edited:
##VOTE: MORDACAZIR

For buddying with bb and Lele, and fishing in our neighbor chat.

Acta est fabula, plaudite!
*applauds PMJ*

Lets make this less focused though, we need a spread. I will say straight off the bat, as defensive and scum-buddy-ish Celever was, it seemed way OTT to me for an actual Mafian to do. My eyes are on quieter people; Samwise, Mordacaizer, Osha's replacement are my current top 3.

Hi people!
I was an active spectator of the game so I'm in line with what happened, though I didn't bother too much in making some deep reads.

Yog, I replaced Mirdo, not Osha. Robin is the one who replaced Osha.

##discard Tapu Lele,

Becouse I needed to pay 40 euros to get Tapu Lele for my deck...

Just curious, do you know how the game of mafia works? You should be voting for people who you think are mafian, and not be voting people out of a joke

This rings alarm bells? @Yog, literally the only thing my predecessor did was vote Tapu Lele. Right after that BBninjas attacked Osha for that vote and not in a friendly way. (BB was like, do you even know how to play?) and understandable since the Tapu Lele bandwagon was just starting.

Btw Yog, what exactly makes you think Celever is not scum that just really didn't want to lose another teammate?

Also we have a great lead, probably the best lynch candidate for today: @mordacazir Another player I think we should look into is @GekkisaiDaiNi He was called out for distancing himself from Tapu Lele during day 1, this may actually be true. Although it was Celever that backed this theory. But besides that Gekki only tunneled Jplap, who I'm pretty sure isn't a Triumvirate, he did hammer BBninjas after all. Also Gekki asked why people were voting for BBninjas yesterday, this sums up everything gekki has done up till now.

I'm already up to date. I've been spectating since day 1 actually. I'll be making my case on mordacazir sometime today. Meanwhile if you take a look at his posts you can see how this case writes itself.

##VOTE: MORDACAZIR

For buddying with bb and Lele, and fishing in our neighbor chat.
Doesn’t anybody care about claiming anymore? Also :/ I’ll wait for the case on me. And where the heck is the fishing? Post 8 is closest fishing but what I meant there is not your abilities but your reads.

The thing is with Celever, he had no real reason to refute the case on BBninjas, it was a solid case and one of the best leads. BBninjas behaviour especially during day 1 should've at least make a person wonder. Celever was clearly set on not letting the BBninjas lynch happen, pressuring literally anything that could lead it to someone else. He would just call PMJ mafia but with what basis exactly? PMJ contributed fair by pointing out the real intentions in BBninjas posts, but according to Celever all of this was just a scummy mafia tactic?

I'm curious to what you have to say for yourself @Celever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back