Finished Mafia 53: Twilight's Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty we probably should have voted out the indie today and then moved on to Jplap tomorrow once he gave us another read. But I'm pretty sure the day is supposed to end pretty soon so meh.
I don't know about that. 27 Hours don't sound short at all.
Biased is totally wrong. Tone reads are quite good reads when it comes to reading the right people, who know how to fake general content well, but not how to fake the pure qualities of being a townie.
...no matter how I see it. It sounds biased to me. In the first place, how do we know that tonereads can only come from towns? There are always some town who get attacked by scum because of their tone, and if other town agrees with the scum's toneread (which is basically the same as a normal read), then how can you say that it is not biased?
If he's scum, other scum are people who didn't end up on Jplap until it was 100% inevitable but didn't make that tie so obvious (Drac is the guy I'd be looking at first, definitely also TE because he distanced without casting a vote, Jade because he's inactive, I like scattered's posting but maybe him, maybe eevee). I also noted a chainsaw defense and the person he chainsaw defended would deserve examination too.
I see. By the way, did you read the notice? Jade is apparently V/LA until Sunday, so I unvoted him.
I mean, the obvious connection is if jplap is scum the chance of NP being scum is like, right up there. This is the worst he's played in a mafia game in recent memory basing his reads entirely off gut, even if it is D1. There has to be reason for that :/
Yeah, I can see that.
Yeah, I agree with that. I mean, to a point I really wanna lynch roz now, because even though jplap is worth lynching, roz came in and kinda smashed it out the park. It's not too late to shift wagon, either.
##VOTE: roz_the_eevee
Come on now this is the better lynch. We can take out jplap tomorrow. But we don't know what the indie can do so it's riskier keeping him around.
This is what I thought as soon as I read roz was indie. I strongly propose lynching him Day 2 if he isn't lynched today.
Will join the roz wagon later. I want to make sure we hear what roz has to say.
Hm... I can either vote now or wait for Roz's response... Nah. I'll vote now. It isn't as if there is anything Roz can say to protect himself anyway and I think that asking a question to jplap is better than nothing.

##VOTE: roz_the_eevee

@Celever, @NightPenguin
If we don't ask "How many scum are there?" because three is the most likeliest answer, nor "Is the indie a harmful role?" because it will inform the scum as well, then how about asking something else?

Like @scattered mind's first question "Can the scum somehow double kill?" or third question "Is there any town who has contact with the scum?"

@Celever, @NightPenguin
If we don't ask "How many scum are there?" because three is the most likeliest answer, nor "Is the indie a harmful role?" because it will inform the scum as well, then how about asking something else?

Like @scattered mind's first question "Can the scum somehow double kill?" or third question "Is there any town who has contact with the scum?"
*facepalm*
@NinjaPenguin, not NightPenguin...

I like the question "Is there any town who has contact with the scum?". If the answer is yes, any townie who is in a neighbor chat should say so and we'll be closer to hit that scum.
Obviously, this only applies if we confirm somehow that jplap is town, because scum jplap's answer will be misguiding.

Jplap, please confirm that you are attentive to the question deal - else you are 100% scum who admits defeat and chooses to disappear to prevent further damage to your team.

I like the roz lynch right now, but I'm waiting until a vote count is posted to place my vote, since I don't want a premature hammer. While we're on the question suggestions, what do you guys think of "Is the night kill able to be blocked without a doctor?" Mariano's question is fine, but I feel like PMJ might veto it, since it would be too powerful, since all town who have QTs could then unconditionally trust eachother. Would this work as a back-up? It could come in handy if there's no nightkill during a night, and potentially provide a way of catching scum if they are blocked.

kGE0hxi.png

It is 8 to lynch. Numbers in parentheses represent the post number of the vote.

jplap - Mariano (62) Jabberwock (97), Celever (114) scattered mind (137) Mariano (168) quaking (170), Keeper (229), scattered mind (298) L-4
Mariano - Celever (63) NP (71), Jplap (94) roz (111) scattered mind (257)
Zone - Jabberwock (64) Jplap (176)
roz - quaking (82) Celever (323), Nick (329), Mariano (340), Zone (342) L-4
Keeper - Mariano (87) Nick (88) Drac (110)
Nick - Keeper (89)
Jade - Jplap (132) Zone (175)

Not voting: T_E, Jade, Jplap, Drac

This is current as of post 349. The player who currently has the most votes is tagged. Reminder that if two or more players are tied for most votes at the end of the day, there will be no lynch.

Day 1 ends Sunday, August 19, at 4 PM CDT (Timer) or whenever someone is lynched.

Jade is on V/LA until Sunday. Jabberwock is on V/LA until Tuesday.

Last edited:
There is a nonzero amount of you who have not acknowledged the game start post or the global warning post (both are linked in the OP). I'm extending the deadline until the end of night 1 for Jade and Jabberwock specifically; the rest of you are dead the moment the sun goes down today. I don't normally hold the hands of my players like this, but I would rather not have to blow all my subs by night 1. But we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
There is a nonzero amount of you who have not acknowledged the night zero post
Just for clarifications, is the "Night Zero" Post #56?
-> If so, then why did you warn me at Post #59?
-> If not, then which Post is it?
Zone (341)
Uh... Mine is Post #342.
Also, may I ask for you to update the first post?

Fixed your vote post, clarified which post to like (game start post, not the night 0 post). Added a link to the game start post in the OP. Added a link to the second vote count (this should have been the third but I never posted one yesterday).

No. You caught TE because you didn't find a reason why he was town (he wasn't contributing to town's wincon), not by his tone.

Great, the perfect reason to vote without providing a reason. So I can say jplap is scum because of how I read his tone, would you be satisfied with it?
Nono that was D3. D1, when I was swapping between morda and TE, they were both tone reads. Of course, everybody attacked me for that one too.
Yeah feel free to give that reasoning if you actually believe in your ability to do a good tone read.
...no matter how I see it. It sounds biased to me. In the first place, how do we know that tonereads can only come from towns? There are always some town who get attacked by scum because of their tone, and if other town agrees with the scum's toneread (which is basically the same as a normal read), then how can you say that it is not biased?
This is literally the exact same with any type of read what are you even saying?

Questions:
@Celever, @NightPenguin
Cel is wrong. With an indie question, scum is helped much much less than town ever would be. Scum literally couldn't care about the alignment of any player besides themselves and knowledge of the indie isn't going to ever change their calculations. With town, lategame situations can have a major impact with knowledge of the indie.
I like the question "Is there any town who has contact with the scum?". If the answer is yes, any townie who is in a neighbor chat should say so and we'll be closer to hit that scum.
Obviously, this only applies if we confirm somehow that jplap is town, because scum jplap's answer will be misguiding.
This question is a good option if eevee flips indie, but consider the very likely scum in your view is getting to "ask" a question that he can ask something else that helps his faction instead and just give a complete WIFOMy answer that nobody could ever trust for a moment. Your progression here doesn't make sense.
I like the roz lynch right now, but I'm waiting until a vote count is posted to place my vote, since I don't want a premature hammer. While we're on the question suggestions, what do you guys think of "Is the night kill able to be blocked without a doctor?" Mariano's question is fine, but I feel like PMJ might veto it, since it would be too powerful, since all town who have QTs could then unconditionally trust eachother. Would this work as a back-up? It could come in handy if there's no nightkill during a night, and potentially provide a way of catching scum if they are blocked.
And Cel's question just got replaced as the worst possible question. Sure, let's tell scum if their nightkill can be messed with, which could only help them as they plan the nightkill, and never help town ever. Great one Quaking!

I will reiterate here: the only way scum Jplap won't get to ask a question about town role composition (which helps the scum PR hunt and helps the town about 0) is if he's forced to learn about the indie. You ask him about town; it helps scum more than town, which needs all the information advantage it can get. You ask him about scum; he knows the answer already and just asks something really useful for scum. That's why, if eevee doesn't flip indie, @Professor_jplap should always ask "Is there an indie that is threat to the town?"

I'm gonna spice things up with a vote until somebody can get an actual good question plan in place:
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Professor_jplap

And Cel's question just got replaced as the worst possible question. Sure, let's tell scum if their nightkill can be messed with, which could only help them as they plan the nightkill, and never help town ever. Great one Quaking!
I was thinking about it more in a "Is the NK an Active Ability or something else?" If it's an Active Ability, it likely could be prevented by roleblockers or other roles in the set-up, versus if it was something else. Scum would probably already know how their NK works, which could help us out later down the line, if there's a roleblocker or something of the sort in this type of set-up, which there usually is. Though I do how this is a double-edged sword. If jplap's scum, he'll know the answer to this question already, and have a free night to ask a question that benefits scum.

##unvote
##vote: jplap

As I said, I can easily prove myself as non-scum and as what role I am.

And also, you are way too fast to jump and judge, wich is funny cause I'm pretty sure scum just hopped there on easy lynch.

They don't need provable roles around after all.

Actualy you are way to fast to judge since my very first post, wich only makes this even funnier.

But I'm not gonna point out your mistakes at the very day 1, lel.

Mechanical wise - in small setups there are roles wich are added to keep balance in smaller (so more swingy setups).

You are not lynching a role wich is there to balance the whole game at the very day 1, lol.

Cel is wrong. With an indie question, scum is helped much much less than town ever would be. Scum literally couldn't care about the alignment of any player besides themselves and knowledge of the indie isn't going to ever change their calculations. With town, lategame situations can have a major impact with knowledge of the indie.
No, because if town can win with the indie mafia can also probably win with the indie (it tends to go hand-in-hand) so it helps scum much more with their figuring out numbers, and helps them understand to what extent they should pile resources into the indie. Town care much less about the indie than they do about the mafia, whereas mafia care more about the indie than town if he's harmful, and much less if he's benign. Which is the whole reason why we shouldn't ask, because it doesn't change or advantage the town, but does change or advantage the mafia, and we don't want to do that.
NinjaPenguin said:
This question is a good option if eevee flips indie, but consider the very likely scum in your view is getting to "ask" a question that he can ask something else that helps his faction instead and just give a complete WIFOMy answer that nobody could ever trust for a moment. Your progression here doesn't make sense.
This is true for every question.
NinjaPenguin said:
I will reiterate here: the only way scum Jplap won't get to ask a question about town role composition (which helps the scum PR hunt and helps the town about 0) is if he's forced to learn about the indie. You ask him about town; it helps scum more than town, which needs all the information advantage it can get. You ask him about scum; he knows the answer already and just asks something really useful for scum. That's why, if eevee doesn't flip indie, @Professor_jplap should always ask "Is there an indie that is threat to the town?"

I'm gonna spice things up with a vote until somebody can get an actual good question plan in place:
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Professor_jplap
What happened to your very confident town toneread of jplap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back