Macho Man Randy Savage Dies in Motor Accident

Cobalt Phoenix

Best Kappa
Macho Man Randy Savage -- one of the greatest wrestlers of all-time -- died today in a car accident in Tampa, Florida ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ spoke with Randy's brother, Lanny Poffo, who tells us the wrestling legend suffered a heart attack while he was behind the wheel around 10 AM ... and lost control of his vehicle.

Earlier this month, Savage celebrated his 1-year anniversary with his new wife Lynn.

Savage was 58.

Macho Man began wrestling in the WWF in 1985 and became a superstar with his trademark catchphrase "Ooooooh Yeaahhhhh."

UPDATE: Florida Highway Patrol tells TMZ ... Savage was driving his 2009 Jeep Wrangler when he veered across a concrete median ... through oncoming traffic ... and "collided head-on with a tree."

Savage was transported to Largo Medical center, where he died from his injuries.

Savage's wife was a passenger in the vehicle during the collision -- but survived with "minor injuries." She was transported to a different local hospital where she was treated.

According to officials, Randy and Lynn were both wearing their seatbelts at the time of the accident.

Cops say alcohol was NOT a factor.

An investigation into the accident is underway.
Source

He was an amazing wrestler, and will be missed. RIP Macho Man.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
I still fondly remember him from the Slim Jim Commercials of the 80's and 90's. He was also great as Bonesaw from Spider-Man and that Alien Wrestler from Dial M for Monkey on Dexter's Lab.

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
This is so ironic:

NC, the state where I live, closed a ConAgra Slim Jim plant in Garner yesterday (the day he died) because of how horrible it's been doing since an explosion happened there.

I never watched wrestling, so all I can say is RIP.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I did my part in a homage to Randy Savage today by snapping into a Slim Jim. He will be missed.

dmaster out.

TheBreen

Jump Around!
He exemplified the "charismatic wrestler" styling of the 1980s (Flair, Hogan, etc.). He will certainly find his way into the WWE Hall of Fame for 2012, and I'm sure if Elizabeth is still alive she'll be inducting him. They were one of the most timeless manager-wrestler pairings wrestling has ever seen.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEEEAH

LostVoice

I Remember where I Lost my Mind
He was one of the few wrestlers that I followed (and I am not even into wrestling). I agree with how awesome his Slim Jim commercials and his cameo in the first Spider man was.