• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Machiatto (Modified Garchomp/Lucario deck)

Sherezad

Aspiring Trainer
Been playing for less than a month and was able to build this on the cheap (thanks to some lucky pulls on PtCGO too). I feel like it can hang pretty nicely but there are times when it definitely shows its weak points:

Pokémon - 18

2 Gible UPR 97
1 Gible UPR 96
1 Gabite UPR 98
4 Garchomp UPR 99
2 Riolu UPR 66
1 Rockruff FLI 75
1 Zygarde-GX FLI 73
2 Lucario UPR 67
1 Lycanroc-GX GRI 74
1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155
2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

Trainer Cards - 30

1 Lady FLI 109
1 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
2 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
1 Multi Switch BUS 164
1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
1 Bonnie FLI 103
3 Ultra Ball FLF 99
3 Nest Ball SUM 123
4 Cynthia UPR 119
1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
1 Guzma BUS 143
1 Counter Catcher CIN 91
1 Apricorn Maker CES 161
1 Lance {*} DRM 61
1 Lillie UPR 125
2 Devoured Field CIN 93
2 Rare Candy CES 142
1 Escape Rope BUS 114
2 Switch BLW 104

Energy - 12

1 Counter Energy CIN 100
4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
6 Fighting Energy 6
1 Rainbow Energy CES 151

Total Cards - 60

This deck started off of a reddit post that caught my eye and focuses on ramping up the main combo ASAP. I'm lacking a few of the components (i.e. should have 4 rare candies but only have two) but have peppered in some energy removal along with switch cards for when I need to move something without using my precious energy. Lycanroc is in there for the swap function and also another option of a GX level hitter. Lele is in there since (from what I understand) it's mandatory (and I see why). The Zygarde is a nice option when I can have it set up on turn two in the right situation or that last hail mary. OG deck has four Gibles but I figured that with Lance I could cut out at least one.

Deck feels like I may need to focus on one or the other (Zygarde or Lycanroc) but both are susceptible to grass and that's run me into some issues. I'm open to everyone's thoughts!

Back