• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Machamp-EX / Ariados

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Hello everyone, I've been building on a Machamp/Ariados deck recently, and I've been wanting some feedback, so here it is. Thanks for reading and posting feedback in advance.

Pokemon: 12
  • 3 Machamp-EX (AOR 90)
  • 2 Landorus (FuF 58)
  • 2 Spinarak (AOR 5)
  • 2 Ariados (AOR 6)
  • 2 Shaymin-EX(ROS 77)
  • 1 Hoopa-EX (AOR 36)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37
  • 2 Heavy Ball
  • 3 Heavy Boots
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 1 Muscle Band
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Startling Megaphone
  • 2 Super rod
  • 4 Switch
  • 1 Ultra Ball
  • 2 VS seeker
  • 3 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 3 Korrina
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Fighting Stadium
Energy: 11
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 7 Fighting Energy
Strategy:

The main strategy is to use the tool card Heavy Boots And the Ability of Ariados to bring out Machamp-EX's attacks to it's fullest potential. Starting with attaching energies, strong energies and fighting stadiums to increase damage, then use Ariados's Poison Nest to affect Machamp with poison, and use Crazy Hammer to hit for 160+ damage. If Machamp has taken at least 80 damage, then use Steaming Mad to hit for twice the damage Machamp has already taken, thanks to Heavy Boots, he won't get confused, and can stay on the field a bit longer.
Hoopa and Shaymin are for support. searching and draw, obviously.

Landorus is used as energy acceleration during emergency times, or an attacker if need be.

I didn't include more than two sycamore because I don't use it very often. I replaced the other two with two birch so i can shuffle important cards i cannot use right now. I also picked Giovanni for having some decent draw support, and moreso the other effect, doing 20 more damage. Korrina is for search and getting an item, good for early game to get a Machamp or Landorus+heavy boots out.

Head ringers are just for slowing the opponent, But I'm considering using Jamming Net(PHF 98) instead.

And That's just about it. Any feedback is welcomed.

Honestly, I suggest removing Head Ringer and adding 1 Spinarak and 1 Ariados. That way, you make sure you get one in your starting hand. Ariados' ability is a big factor, and you need it by turn 2 or 3

Honestly, I suggest removing Head Ringer and adding 1 Spinarak and 1 Ariados. That way, you make sure you get one in your starting hand. Ariados' ability is a big factor, and you need it by turn 2 or 3
True..Getting Ariados out quick is important. I'm going to go playtest it and see if it works better than the original list.

Thank you for the suggestion!

I would suggest:

-2 switch
-2 Giovanni
-2 Heavy Boots
-1 Startling Megaphone
-1 super rod

+2 Battle Compressor
+2 Landoras
+2 Hawlucha
+2 Professor Sycamore

This would higher the chances of starting with landorus and getting really good starts.

Last edited:
Back