• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Venusaur-EX/Garbodor

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
With Venusaur Spirit Link being released in the upcoming 'XY–Evolutions' set, I decided to throw together a deck list for this monster of a card.

~~Pokémon(17)

3-3 M Venusaur-EX
4 Talonflame
2-2 Garbodor
2 Shaymin-EX
1 Hoopa-EX

~~Trainers(32)

4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
4 VS Seeker
4 Max Elixir
3 Mega Turbo
3 Trainers' Mail
3 Ultra Ball
3 Venusaur Spirit Link
2 Float Stone
2 Shrine of Memories

~~Energy(11)

11 Grass Energy

Strategy:
Get M Venusaur out and start hitting with Crisis Vine for 120 plus Paralysis and Poison.

Last edited:

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Nice list.

32 Trainers are listed, not 30.

Any consideration for also using the GEN M Venasaur EX whose attack can potentially inflict 30 damage onto each of your opponent's benched Pokémon?

Both Volcanion EX and M Mewtwo EX decks are quite popular right now. Have you tested (with proxies) against these decks? If so, do you think any techs are needed in your deck for thse particular match-ups, or do you just take your chances?

Snek

AHHH!
Both Volcanion EX and M Mewtwo EX decks are quite popular right now. Have you tested (with proxies) against these decks? If so, do you think any techs are needed in your deck for thse particular match-ups, or do you just take your chances?

Good points to address. IMO, Zoroark may be more useful against Volcanion than Garbodor in a deck weak to Fire. Silent Lab is also pretty decent against Volcanion.

You're usually not going to start with Talonflame when there's 8 other basics. You don't really need them anyway; you've got Shaymin.

I feel like 4 Max Elixir and 3 Mega Turbo might be a bit overkill. Then again, maybe it isn't with a 4 energy cost. If you decide to drop any, drop some of Mega Turbos.

Maybe add some disruption? Crushing Hammer and Enhanced Hammer are pretty devastating against a lot of the good decks right now. Another thing you could do is to partner M Venusaur with another good attacking Pokemon. I mentioned Zoroark. If not something that attacks, it should be something that helps you pile on the energy quickly like Sceptile from Primal Clash with the Nurture and Heal ability... but maybe not that Pokemon exactly because it's a stage two.

Fr_z_n

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not a fan of the Talonflame here. It's excellent with Heavy Stage lines, Greninja and such, as well as Fossils but when two thirds of your starters are not Talonflame you're really pushing your luck on having 4 really dead cards floating around your deck.