• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Rayquaza EX / Ho-Oh EX

Crimzonlogic

I'm Batwoman.
Okay, first let me say that I feel overwhelmed by trying to figure out which trainers I want to use, and which pokemon to use, and...Well, everything. I am always short on money so I can't afford shaymins, so I'm not even going to consider those. Welp, here's my junk-heap of a deck-list...

Pokemon:
  • 3 Rayquaza EX 75/108 (RS)
  • 3 M Rayquaza EX 76/108 (RS)
  • 2 Rattata (BP)
  • 2 Raticate (BP)
  • 2 Raticate BREAK (BP)
  • 1 Jolteon EX (G)
  • 1 Swablu (RS)
  • 1 Altaria (RS)
  • 1 Lugia (FC)
  • 2 Ho-oh EX (BP)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 3 Sky Field (RS)
  • 3 VS Seeker (FuF/possible reprint?)(Why are these so expensive for an uncommon card???)
  • 2 Rayquaza Spirit Link (RS)
  • 2 Ultra Ball (RS)
  • 2 Mega Turbo (RS)
  • 2 Bursting Balloon (BP)
  • 2 Switch (RS)
  • 2 Trainers' Mail (RS)
  • 1 Lysandre (FlF/AO)
  • 2 Wally (RS)
  • 2 Winona (RS)
  • 2 Steven (RS)
  • 2 Professor Sycamore (BP)
  • 3 Shauna (G)
Energy:
  • 3 Fire energy
  • 1 Water Energy
  • 3 Lightning Energy
  • 1 Grass Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

Pokémon
I love rayquaza and I mostly already have them(I just need to buy one more M Ray which is cheap), so that's what I'm keen on using. Going by that I want to build a normal/colorless deck, but I'm not fully set on that. Though, I added Jolteon in there as I am afraid of Night March and I do own one, and so may as well use it, right? Raticate is cheap to buy, and seems pretty useful with no retreat cost and super fang, though it takes up a lot of spots...There seems to be a shortage of good non-ex normal/colorless types, with that Lugia only seeming good and not great. On another thread Ho-oh ex was recommended to be an early stall, with its ability removing 50 damage if it has a fire energy attached, and I found that intriguing, though it being an ex makes it feel risky to use it that way. Altaria's there to remove weaknesses, but I'm not sure how effective these two are if the opponent has garbodor or silent lab. I was initially dead-set on using both Ray and Garchomp, but apparently they both need too many resources for that to work...

Trainers
I'm really struggling with the trainer part...How many of what should I add? It seems like having just one of some things is too few, and having three or more feels like overkill for most cards. At first I wanted to have more lysandres but another person said they aren't that important and take up too much room...But it feels like everything does! I need help. :(

Energy
The grass and water are there in the off chance I can get them onto ho-oh and attack with it, which would be good but probably impractical...

Other stuff that I think might be better to include than other things???
  • Revive
  • Evosoda
  • Energy Switch
  • Fisherman
  • Judge
  • Skyla
  • Delinquent, for revenge when the opponent wrecks my Sky Fields
  • Something else?