M Rayquaza-EX Variants

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
This thread is used for all competitive discussion on M Rayquaza-EX / Bronzong variants in the Expanded format. This includes strategies, playstyles, and techs.

You may post deck lists here, but only as a means to add to the discussion. If you're looking for advice on your list, post in the Deck Garage.

Articles:

Speed M Rayquaza-EX Skeleton List:

Pokémon: 16
  • 3 M Rayquaza-EX (ROS 105)
  • 3 Rayquaza-EX (ROS 104)
  • 4 Shaymin-EX (ROS 106)
  • 2 Hoppa-EX (AOR 37)
  • 2 Exeggcute (PLF 4)
  • 1 Altaria (ROS 74)
  • 1 Swablu (ROS 73)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
  • 2 Professor Juniper
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 3 Mega Turbo
  • 3 Rayquaza Spirit Link
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 4 Sky Field
Energy: 8
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 4 Basic Energy

Open Spots: 4

M Rayquaza-EX / Bronzong Skeleton List:

Pokémon:
  • 2 M Rayquaza-EX (ROS 105)
  • 3 Rayquaza-EX (ROS 104)
  • 3 Bronzong (PHF 61)
  • 3 Bronzor (PHF 60)
  • 3 Shaymin-EX (ROS 106)
  • 2 Aegislash-EX (PHF 65)
  • 1 Keldeo-EX (BCR 142)
  • 1 Heatran (PHF 63)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 26
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Rayquaza Spirit Link
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 4 Sky Field
Energy: 10
  • 6 Metal Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy

Open Spots: 6

Sjokwaave

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, so I'm only running one Aegislash in favour of adding a Hoopa, which improves consistency no end: being able to grab all your pieces turn one off a single ultra ball is far to advantageous to pass up. I run a single Cobalion EX too (I think most people that are running this deck are too): a single energy investment to help stem the tide against Night March variants and Toad is very helpful and it provides a second out to Safeguard pokemon with Heatran.

Two Battle Compressor to insure our Bronzongs have targets and our VS Seekers grab the supporter we want. I'm also running an even 3/3 Split of Juniper/Colress. Given we're using Skyfield, Colress often provides more cards.

I'm currently running a single Sacred Ash too. I'm still not sold on this, as I've only used this once, but if Skyfield is removed it has a lot of potential value.

SRreplet51

Aspiring Trainer
I definitely agree with the options Shokwaave gave please take his recommendations in conisderation too the only difference I have to say is maybe a third float stone? Still not sure but otherwise love the deck list and good luck.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
I definitely agree with the options Shokwaave gave please take his recommendations in conisderation too the only difference I have to say is maybe a third float stone? Still not sure but otherwise love the deck list and good luck.
The list is a skeleton that is incomplete. It is not meant to be a complete decklist but rather a place for players to start.

ProZlockie

Meow? Meow.
We were in the process of changing the thread from the Bronzong variant to include the speed variant.

Ahhhh, I understand/see that now!

Would Ninetales from Primal Clash be an okay addition to this deck? With every M Rayquaza-EX, I sometimes find myself in a sticky situation because I lost the stadium battle. Also, is there any way to help deal with Primal Groudon?

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Ahhhh, I understand/see that now!

Would Ninetales from Primal Clash be an okay addition to this deck? With every M Rayquaza-EX, I sometimes find myself in a sticky situation because I lost the stadium battle. Also, is there any way to help deal with Primal Groudon?
Sadly, no. The only thing you can fight Primal Groudon with is speed. Since I play both decks, I would know. Plus, Primal Groudon got some new tricks with Break Through, so this deck can only really just hope to OHKO. Try not to play any stadiums and hope they don't have any. and be careful with your DCE's, because Jirachi's rising in use.

As for my part, I experimented with some cards, and Buddy-Buddy Rescue is an excellent card to play here, as well as 2 Aegislash. I'm still practicing with the new format, and this is my current list that I got 2nd in a League Challenge:

Pokémon: 21
Rayquaza-EX x3
M Rayquaza-EX x3
Shaymin-EX x3
Aegislash-EX x2
Bronzor-Phf-x3
Bronzong x2
Hoopa-EX x1
Heatran x2
Altaria-ROS-x1
Swablu x1

Trainers:30
Sycamore x3
Shauna x1
Birch x1
AZ x2
Lysandre x2
Fan Club x1
Winona x1
Skyfield x4
Rayquaza Spirit Link x2
Float Stone x2
Ultra Ball x2
Trainers' Mail x3
VS Seeker x3
Battle Compressor x1
Sacred Ash x1
Buddy-Buddy Rescue x1

Energy:9
Metal x5
DCE x4

So yeah, you pretty much only have to get your Pokémon out, and everything else goes relatively smoother. I pretty much based my list off of getting Sky Field out turn 1 and filling my bench as fast as possible. Although it sucks that the deck is SUPER space tight, it can run pretty good if you find a fast, balanced list. Hope this helped!
Sycamore

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
So Mega Rayquaza can go with lots of things like fire (Ninetales) Psychic (Hoopa-EX) Metal (Lots of stuff that we all should know like aegislash and brongzong) I've even seen water (with Blastoise). One time I saw fighting because most fighting decks need lots of bench space.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
So Mega Rayquaza can go with lots of things like fire (Ninetales) Psychic (Hoopa-EX) Metal (Lots of stuff that we all should know like aegislash and brongzong) I've even seen water (with Blastoise). One time I saw fighting because most fighting decks need lots of bench space.
Yeah, I previously played a fighting variant with Landorus-EX and Raichu. It worked until you faced Mega Manectric, so that's why I changed it to Metal Ray.