• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M-Rayqauza w/ Magearna

rayquazatopaz34

How to Pokemon?
The list

3 M-Rayqauza EX ROS 105
2 Rayquaza EX ROS 104
1 Rayquaza EX ROS 60
4 Shaymin EX ROS
2 Hoopa EX AOR
1 Magearna EX STS

Pokemon- 13

4 Sky Field
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainers' Mail
3 Acro Bike
3 Mega Turbo
3 Rayquaza Spirit Link
2 Super rod
2 Float stone
1 Escape rope
1 Special charge
2 Professor Sycamore
2 Hex Maniac
2 Lysandre
1 N
1 Pokemon Ranger

Trainers- 39

4 DCE
4 Metal

Energy- 8

So, this is the list I've tried to settle on for this rotations tournaments. I live in an area where people are obsessed with M-Scizor Garb, DarkTinaGarb and Volcanion. Are there any improvements I could make to the deck to help counter (or just live against) these decks (mostly darktina and scizor)? I thought about running 4 PoT, but I couldn't get the dual PoT into play consistently enough. I thought about teching the list up with a possible Colbalion and/or Jirachi promo but not too sure what to take out. I like running the 4 basic energy and would prefer to keep them all in the list. Anything helps, Thanks.

Last edited:

PortalAPP.

I have a profile picture.
The list

3 M-Rayqauza EX ROS 105
2 Rayquaza EX ROS 104
1 Rayquaza EX ROS 60
4 Shaymin EX ROS
2 Hoopa EX AOR
1 Magreana EX STS

Pokemon- 13

4 Sky Field
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainers' Mail
3 Acro Bike
3 Mega Turbo
3 Rayquaza Spirit Link
2 Super rod
2 Float stone
1 Escape rope
1 Special charge
2 Professor Sycamore
2 Hex Maniac
2 Lysandre
1 N
1 Pokemon Ranger

Trainers- 39

4 DCE
4 Metal

Energy- 8

So, this is the list I've tried to settle on for this rotations tournaments. I live in an area where people are obsessed with M-Scizor Garb, DarkTinaGarb and Volcanion. Are there any improvements I could make to the deck to help counter (or just live against) these decks (mostly darktina and scizor)? I thought about running 4 PoT, but I couldn't get the dual PoT into play consistently enough. I thought about teching the list up with a possible Colbalion and/or Jirachi promo but not too sure what to take out. I like running the 4 basic energy and would prefer to keep them all in the list. Anything helps, Thanks.
Replacing 1 super rod with karen could help against MScizor

AquaDragon82

The Canadian Gamer
If you can find some room to place Cobalion in the deck then do it since Cobalion is a really good late game attacker and he's a non-EX attacker which can help against Carbink and Regice.

rayquazatopaz34

How to Pokemon?
ummm... Just saying you only play 3 draw supporters... You overestimate the power of shaymin.
Alright. Thanks for pointing it out, do you have any suggestions as to what i should put it and take out? I thought about cutting a Trainers' Mail for an N or another Sycamore, but not too sure. Any pointers?

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
I run a lot of mega ray variations because I am trying to figure out what to pair with him. Great attacker and goes pretty fast during games, so I can help out with a few things. Personally id drop a lot of trainers mails, like @SquirtleScrub said your overestimating the power of shaymins. Id drop the mails for 2 N and 2 more sycamore (personally i always run 4 sycamore and 3 N, but thats just me). Honestly, you run only 4 energies and its not worth having 3 mega turbos for only 4 energies. One may be prized, and all become situational because you have to discard the energies before you turbo. I would drop your turbos to just 2 for that reason. I am waiting until the Brock supporter comes out because that will be in this deck FOR SURE. It has a lot of problems with losing benched space. In my opinion, you may want to run a lot more basic pokemon but non ex pokemon that can help for certain situations. Jirachi promo is a good card to include in the deck to slow down Giratina decks, and even mincinno (from evolutions) that discards a tool attached to your opponents pokemon for one colorless energy. You need some strong non ex attackers, and Im not sure I would run Raichu as that card at 90 hp and requiring 2 evolutions like mega ray, it becomes quite difficult. If you do decide to run raichu, you must compensate and add some level balls to get it out fast. Basically you could use the level balls for pikachu/raichu/jirachi promo/mincinno. Again, I have no solid answers except for the trainers mail drop/mega turbo drop, for N/sycamore but its food for thought. Update your current pokemon list by editing it to figure out what you decided to drop and add and we can help you their!

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
I actually posted a deck profile that I would play if I played this deck. Its not the best, but its something to go off of. Its a bit more up to date with some of the ways you should be playing mega ray