• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format M Gardevoir/Giratina (2017)

AceTrainerAlex

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! I'm having a lot of trouble getting this deck consistent enough for my liking. I feel as though it has immense potential, so let me know what you think!

Pokemon: 14
  • 3x Gardevoir STS
  • 2x M Gardevoir PRC
  • 4x Xerneas STS
  • 1x Xerneas BREAK STS
  • 2x Giratina AOR
  • 2x Shaymin ROS
Trainers: 33
  • 4x Professor Sycamore
  • 3x Shauna
  • 2x N
  • 1x Skyla
  • 1x Ninja Boy
  • 1x Hex Maniac
  • 1x Lysandre
  • 4x Ultra Ball
  • 4x VS Seeker
  • 2x Mega Turbo
  • 2x Escape Rope
  • 1x Super Rod
  • 1x Fairy Drop
  • 2x Gardevoir Spirit Link
  • 4x Fairy Garden
Energy: 13
  • 10 Fairy Energy
  • 3x Double Dragon Energy
Strategy:
The strategy is pretty simple, charge up M Gardevoir and Giratina, preferably with Geomancy from Xerneas. The magic number is 6. Once there are 6 energies on the board Brilliant Arrow is doing 180, which will OHKO a lot of things.

Some issues the deck has is definitely consistency. When you open Xerneas, you're golden, but if you don't, it's sometimes a tough road charging those energies up manually.

Some other cards I've been considering/taking in and out:
  • 2x Max Elixir - I started with this in the first couple incarnations, but I just don't feel like I hit it consistently enough (the chances get even lower if you Geomancy a couple of times).
  • 1x Hoopa-EX - I've been really back and forth on him because bench space is sometimes an issue, and putting Gardevoir and Giratina down without a Xerneas to charge them (or even Max Elixir) doesn't really help me.
  • +1x Xerneas BREAK - He's really just there to get around Carbink and the like, but with the 1 Hex I'm not sure if 2 is necessary.
Any help appreciated!

My Suggestions:

-Cut the Shauna and the Fairy Drop for 4 Max Elixir - this will speed up your energy acceleration much more, and 4 chances are better than 2.
-Cut the 2 Escape Ropes for an Extra Spirit Link and M Gardevior - You already have free retreat in fairy garden anyways.
-With Ninja Boy, Fairy Garden, and Max Elixir, you don't have to worry about starting with Xerneas as much, so if you think an extra Xerneas Break is worth it, you can always run a 3-2 X-line instead of a 4-1 version.

Good luck with this deck!

if Xerneas is your consistency i would run straight Xerneas Break which is much more consistent and you have more space for Max Elixir and other cards tech cards like Special Charge and Exp. Share, also Xerneas is better in the prize trade.

Hi AceTrainerAlex,

Nice choice but not entire sold on M Gardevoir since Xerneas BREAK outclasses it with Exp. Share and Max Elixir as additional means to acclerate to the bench in addition to Geomancy. It needs less energies to attack and can be easily replaced when knocked out. Assuming you managed to get two Exp Share onto two benched Pokémon a knocked out Xerneas BREAk will not affect the energy count on your side of the battlefield at all.

If you want to keep M Gardevoir I would still recommend to consider these modifications:

- 1 Escape Rope (one is sufficient)
- 3 Shauna (other supporters outclass it)
- 1 Fairy Drop (we are in a ohko and disruption format)

+ 1 Gardevoir Spirit Link (you need it to be sufficiently fast)
+ 1 Mega Turbo (the deck needs the acceleration)
+ 2 Exp Share (maintain energy on board)
+ 1 N (great draw and disruption)

Hope this helps.

I agree with what was said above. Drop M Gardevoir. For the 2 prizes it gives up and energy it takes, plus additional cards to make it work (Gardevoir, Spirit Link, M Gardevoir), Xerneas/ BREAK is a better combo

Thank you all for the suggestions! So if I were to replace the Gardevoirs with straight Xerneas, what goes in for Gardevoir?

There are various options. You can either pair Xerneas BREAK with Giratina and take the dragon road or with another Fairy attacker. Currently I am testing out Diancie Ex, Sylveon Ex, or Xerneas Ex. Still have not settled on the assistance line but it is only two cards i the entire deck that need tweaking. Here is a nice discussion on Xerneas BREAK that could be useful.

Now that you say that I totally agree, but could you explain why it's so outclassed?

There are several cards that are better than Shauna. This includes Professor Sycamore and N. A total of six of these two trainers should suffice in a deck that also runs two Shaymin Ex. This is particularly true in decks that also run Ninja Boy since you can replace benched Shaymin Ex with a useful attacker such as Xerneas or the assistance attacker you chose. In this manner you get rid of your easy true prizes on the bench and you even have the option to reuse Shaymin Ex when needed.

Hey AceTrainerAlex! I was wondering if running one or two lugia ex instead of the Giratina and the Gardevoir would be a better fit? It would be another really quick set up attacker and would steam roll really well into the late game. I have not seen any of the Xerneas decks so far use Lugia and I think it could really catch people of guard. If you do decide to run Lugia you might want to put some DCE into the deck. However, the synergy of Xerneas using Geomancy on Lugia would ramp up really well along side some of the other pokémon that you might consider to use such as Sylveon EX or Xerneas EX.
I really like the deck list though. Keep up the great work!

I run M Gardevoir-EX, and find it to be very efficient. It takes over EVERYTHING, and always hits 240 damage or more.
Giratina, and Xerneas BREAK take up a lot of room, that can be used for essential trainers.
Giratina is an OK tech though.
I don't run Xerneas BREAK.
I've only run Octillery with this deck, will try to run Shaymin soon.
Octillery has very consistent draw power for this deck.
One last thing-Hoopa-EX is a MUST.

Back