• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

M Gardevoir EX / Diancie EX

ejorange

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 2 Diancie EX (XY43)
    2 M Diancie EX (XY44)
    2 Gardevoir EX (PRC)
    2 M Gardevoir EX (PRC)
    3 Spritzee (1 XY and 2 FLF)
    3 Aromatisse (XY)
    2 Xerneas (XY)
    1 Electrike (PRC)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 2 Lysandre
    2 Lysandre's Trump Card
    2 Pokémon Fan Club
    3 Professor Birch's Observations
    4 Professor Sycamore
    1 Shauna
    1 Teammates

1 Evosoda
    2 Gardevoir Spirit Link
    2 Muscle Band
    2 Super Potion
    1 Switch
    2 Ultra Ball
    3 VS Seeker
    3 Fairy Garden
Energy:

• 12 Fairy Energy
xy44-m-diancie-ex.jpg
1065652.jpg
Strategy:
The goal of this deck is to be versatile. If there's something big on my opponent's side (Like Primal Groudon, Yveltal, Manectric, Dialga, etc) I can get M Diancie out, and I get protection from them. If it's a favorable situation, I'll get M Gardevoir out. In fact, Diancie is the only reason I have a chance of winning against groudon, since it ohkos Gardevoir and it can't be Lysandred. When I get set up, this is great. Super potion helps against pesky hawlucha and others of that sort. My problem is consistency in getting set up by turn 3 or so. I don't want to change the pokemon lines unless its something minor (Gardevoir and Diancie are staying, and probably aromatisse and xerneas). Any suggestions to improve the flow if this deck? Keep in mind that this is built for the 2015-2016 season, which ( by my guess) will by XY base set and on.

Oh, I forgot: To help with me getting Lysandre'd and/or escape rope I simply will try not to play benched pokemon if I have the EX-proof lock.

RE: M Gardevoir / Diancie EX

-1 Electrike
-2 Lysandre's Trump Card
-2 Muscle Band
-1 Switch

+1 Xerneas
+2 Pokemon Fan Club
+2 Super Potion
+1 Fairy Garden

1.) The deck should play exactly like it has in the past; start with a Xerneas, get a Spritzee and another Basic onto the bench T1, and Geomancy for as long as you can. Increasing the number of Xerneas and Fan Clubs will help achieve that setup.
2.) I think the biggest hit that the Fairy deck takes in the '15-'16 rotation is losing Max Potion. Without knowing what's in XY7, Super Potion is just a sub-par substitute, but it's all that the deck really has to fill the void, so you may have to play multiples in a turn.
3.) Personally, I see Trump Card as a trap. The deck *should* be able to win before you run out of cards. Plus, I say let your opponent waste the deck space and Supporter turn for you.
4.) Muscle Band really isn't necessary given the flexibility main attackers.

Thanks for the input! I will definitely take those changes and playtest with them. However, I do have a few questions:

1. What do I do if I'm forced to discard, say, both Mega Gardevoir early game in a game I need them with a Sycamore? Same for Diancie?

2. Would Startling megaphone be beneficial?

3. Same as question #1 except with energy

Keep in a Lysandres trump card and only have 3 Pokemon Fan Club, 4 is a litle 2 much for this card. I agree with Cran777 other wise. A startaling Megaphone would be benificial but with Garbador likley rotating out there are not many tools that can hurt you and your list is tight so it would be hard to fit in the deck.

No problem. I'm slowly building something similar myself but keep getting sidetracked by other deck projects. Anyways;

1) I think you're overestimating the likelihood of that worst case scenario. The odds are better that one Mega would be prized. If you do hit that one in ten thousand chance that multiple megas are discarded T1, a T3/T4 LTC isn't going to save you. You also have multiple good attackers, so losing one line isn't the end of the world.

2) Maybe? We're losing Float Stone in the rotation, and Muscle Band is negligible for this deck. You do have to worry about Focus Sash, especially with M Gardevoir, but switching to M Diancie can solve that problem. Without a way to search for it besides cycling your entire hand, my inclination is to say no. If you want to play it, I don't know what to drop. Maybe a VS Seeker or a Fan Club?

3) Again, you're overestimating the worst case. 1/5 of your deck is energy, and you really only need half of that in play for a OHKO. More likely than a Sycamore discard is a KO, but you can minimize that impact by shifting energy around using Aromatisse.

Honestly, I think the bigger risk for the deck than a bad start is getting stomped by a Steel deck. M Diancie solves that issue to an extent.

ejorange said:
Thanks for the input! I will definitely take those changes and playtest with them. However, I do have a few questions:

1. What do I do if I'm forced to discard, say, both Mega Gardevoir early game in a game I need them with a Sycamore? Same for Diancie?

2. Would Startling megaphone be beneficial?

3. Same as question #1 except with energy

Honestly, Trump Card is a good enough insurance policy if you're forced to discard stuff early on, if you loose Energy in play, etc. You really only need one though with VS Seeker, so I'd only play one.

Ok so I'll have 3 Fan Club and 1 Trump card.

As for playing the deck, if I win the coin flip, should I choose to go first or second? This is before I draw my cards so I don't know if I will have Xerneas or not. 3 Xerneas.

I would go first with almost every deck including this one, it allows you to evolve your pokemon first. Even though you may have the oppurtunity geomancy first if you go second.

From playtesting today and yesterday, I REALLY DISLIKE PRIMAL GROUDON. Diancie has the ability to hold up for a while, but my brother uses escape rope + Lysandre to kill it. With the loss of Muscle Band, I cannot ohko pesky Landorus that help him set up really fast. I like the fan club, but I have no idea what taking a few out would do to my deck. I am running 4 Fan club and 0 Trump Card.

I want to add, if possible

2 Muscle Band
2 Jamming Net (I don't have head ringer)
1 Ultra Ball (Maybe but this isn't too bad a concern)

Oh, and to add to my misery, Groudon can't be Lysandre'd but Gardevoir can...

Sorry, but it's just a bad matchup, and anything you change to counter your brother's deck is only going to make yours less consistent. Did you play your Fairy Gardens? Because I would suggest discarding them rather than feed Primal Groudon.

The only wiggle room you have is to drop the Diancies to a 1-1 line.

I'll try dropping one line of Diancie for two jamming nets as of now. If it doesn't work I'll switch back and take it as a lost matchup.

As always, if anybody (including people who have not posted on this yet) has anything to say or ask to improve, question, or criticize this deck, feel free to!

Back