• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

M-Gallade EX / Forretress

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Pokemon: 13
  • 3 Gallade-EX
  • 3 M-Gallade-EX
  • 2 Pineco FLF
  • 2 Forretress FLF
  • 2 Deoxys RSK
  • 2 Wobbuffet PHF
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Colress
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Mega Turbo
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Gallade Spirit Link
  • 3 Switch/Escape Rope/Float Stone
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 4 Dimension Valley
Energy: 10
  • 10 Psychic Energy

Deoxys – Psychic – HP110
Basic Pokemon

[C] First Contact: You can use this attack on your first turn. Draw 2 cards.
[P][C] Overdrive Smash: 30 damage. During your next turn, this Pokemon’s Overdrive Smash attack does 60 more damage.
Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Gallade-EX – Psychic – HP170
Basic Pokemon

[P][C] Speed Jab: 30 damage. You may have your opponent switch his or her Active Pokemon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon.
[P][P][P] Side Slasher: 50+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each Prize card you have.
Retreat: 2

M Gallade-EX – Psychic – HP220
Mega Evolution – Evolves from Gallade-EX

[P][P][C] Mudou Blade: 110 damage. This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon that already have any damage counters on them. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Latios-EX – Dragon – HP170
Basic Pokemon

[P] Fast Raid: 40 damage. This attack can be used on your first turn.
[W][P][P][C] Light Pulse: 110 damage. Prevent all effects of your opponent’s attacks, except damage, done to this Pokemon during your opponent’s next turn.
When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)

Mega Turbo – Trainer
Item

Attach 1 basic Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Mega Evolved Pokemon in play.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Strategy:
Main attacker is M-Gallade-EX. Hitting 110 is very solid, especially when you can charge it up in one turn if needed: Turn attachment+Mega Turbo+D. Valley. Foretress is there to both boost up the damage and to maximize Gallade's potential, resulting in a total of 40 to each Benched Pokémon and 120 to the Active. Deoxys and Latios are good T1 attackers and/or starters: Latios to rack up damage quickly and Deoxys to do the same thing OR work as draw power early game.

Things I want to implement/change:
-Add a Muscle Band + Tool Retrieval combo. To either attack harder with Gallade or use it on the other Pokés.
-Add Absol RSK (when played down to bench, you can move up to 3 damage counters however you like).

Based on that, I don't see how to fit all I want in the list I already have, so that's why I'm here. :p

Thanks for the help in advance! :D

Ps.: NO BATS. I want to focus the deck this way for now. If I want to play bats, I'll probably use a completely different approach.

Oh yes, I love this combo. :D (And I agree with no bats, bats are to mainstream lol) I posted an earlier deck very similar to this, it used Dusknoir instead of Forretress, though I later changed it to Forretress due to the fact that Dusknoir took a little more room. I did not use Latios-EX and Deoxys because I later used sky field, Shaymin EX, and Jirachi EX to make the deck move faster (I forget if I updated it). I normally don't like Jirachi because it's a weakness your opponent can exploit, but since sky field is there I no longer have any problems with it. Using sky field also lets you discard Absols and Forretresses and then if you used scared ash to put the Absols and Forretress back into your deck then you can constantly do damage without having to resort to scoop ups. Using sky field+ Shaymin/Jirachi can also massively reduce the need for supporters, as long as you have a method to constantly reduce your hand. Battle compressors are immensely helpful in getting what you want when you want it, for I also considered the possibility of max revive/battle compressor combo with Shaymin in order to create a powerful search engine that can get you any Pokémon in your deck without having to discard anything from your hand. This has nice synergy with VS seeker and mega turbo as well, creating turn 2 set up possibilities.

Also if your opponent tries to take advantage of sky field... then that's just more damage to deal, eh? XD

Pokémon: 18
3 Gallade-EX
3 M-Gallade-EX
3 Pineco FLF
3 Forretress FLF
2 Absol
3 Shaymin EX
1 Jirachi EX

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37
2 Battle compressor
2 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Skyla
1 Lysandre
1 Lysandre's trump
2 Colress
1 Evo soda
2 scared ash
4 Ultra Ball
2 Mega Turbo
3 VS Seeker
3 Gallade Spirit Link
1 Startling Megaphone
1 Switch
1 Escape rope
1 Computer Search
4 Dimension Valley
3 Sky Field

Energy: 10
10 Psychic Energy

This idea for your deck has 5 to many cards, sry but I don't know what else there is to take out. (maybe you could suggest a few changes?)

While I do like that idea, I feel like it's a bit inconsistent. Also, having 7 Stadiums is a lot. Dx I'd rather use only D. Valley to make sure a Gallade is able to attack ASAP.

I appreciate your input, but I'd rather have suggestions on my main list. Skyfield is just not functional, and 3 Shaymin is excessively risky if you don't have DCE to shuffle it back in.

I took the idea of Shaymin and sky field from the mega Rayquaza deck, it works very well in there to recycle stuff and continually draw. Also there is no need for DCE to shuffle it back into your deck because you use sky field then dimension valley to discard it along with the Jirachi and other stuff. then use scared ash to put them back into your deck so you can do it all over again.

Yes 7 stadiums used to be excessive, but I believe that with the implementation of sky field and Shaymin EX, 7 stadiums will become the new norm. I've been currently testing a mega Rayquaza proxy deck with 6 stadiums and a dowsing machine, but I think 7 stadiums and a computer search will work better for recycling cards.

I'll report back when I've tested the deck list up there. I've already made proxies of mega Gallade (I was previously using them to test my own mudou blade deck) lol. Though i'm still not sure how to remove 5 cards.

Hi Luispipe8,

Nice deck. Not sure about Latios Ex and some of the trainer choices. I would combine M Gallade with Wobbuffet since he can be a low cost attacker and clean up after M Gallade hit them hard. Az seems to be a decent card in decks that rely on coming into play abilities and it also acts as a reusable switch card.

Pokemon (14):
  • 3 M Gallade Ex (beatdown)
  • 3 Gallade Ex (beatdown)
  • 2 Wobbuffet (beatdown)
  • 3 Forretress (spread)
  • 3 Pineco (evolve)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (34):
  • 2 Prof. Birch's Observation (draw)
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 2 Lysandre (gust)
  • 2 Az (retrieval)
  • 4 N (draw)
  • 1 Startling Megaphone (discard)
  • 1 Dowsing Maschine (retrieval)
  • 3 Gallade Spirit Link (evolve)
  • 3 Mega Turbo (accelerate)
  • 1 Escape Rope (switch)
  • 3 VS Seeker (retrieval)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 4 Dimension Valley (accelerate)

Energy (12):
  • 9 Psychic Energy
  • 3 Mystery Energy

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Made some changes:

-1 Latios-EX
+1 D. Valley
+2 Wobbuffet (Free spots I had).

Dark Espeon, while I do agree on most things, like the fets', I don't really like Mystery Energy. This because I can't attack it to any Pokémon if I had to and I'd rather be able to use Mega Turbo with them in case I need to.

Ok so I've tested my earlier post up there. I removed Skyla, startling megaphone, battle compressor, Lysandre, switch I think a mega turbo and evo-soda, along with an energy in exchange for another Shaymin and 2 more escape ropes. Other than all that, the continuous draw system works extremely well as long as you have a steady flow of stadiums in your draws. As you've noticed I had to remove most of the supporters in order to make this work but since your drawing like 6 cards minimum per turn without the use of a supporter (the maximum has no limit if you get all the right cards) then chances are that one of the 6 draw supporters are going to turn up, but if it doesn't, then you can always Jirachi for one. Now with all the drawing going on I was able to get the whole thing consistently set up by at most turn 3, at best turn 1 (though turn 2 is when I would put mega Gallade into play). I would strongly suggest that everyone that reads this make their own proxy sky fields and Shaymin EX and try out using them as draw support in any sort of deck.

Well, thanks for the update, but I'd rather stay with my straight set-up.

Edit: I do, however, see a flaw in your idea, and is that you can't play more than one Stadium per turn, so that strategy is, besides extremely fragile, very difficult to pull off consistently.

Oh? you can't? But when I use "TCGone.net" I was able to play multiple stadiums in the same turn as long as they were different. But any ways you do not actually have to play multiple stadiums in the same turn to pull it off as long as you've played a sky field first.

Concerning the draw support that relies on Shaymin EX, you might see differently if you just tried it out. Because It basically turns all the ultra balls into Bianca and greatly increases the chance of getting a basic on the first turn while at the same time allowing for drawing chains that are unimpeded by the 1 supporter per turn rule.

You don't need those 4 Mega Turbo's because you'll only need 2 Energy to use Mudou Blade (With Valley anyway). Reduce the number to 2, then add 1 Tool Retrieval and 1 Weakness Policy. Or, do whatever you like. You're a mod, your opinion is more valuable.

HungryHarkinian said:
You don't need those 4 Mega Turbo's because you'll only need 2 Energy to use Mudou Blade (With Valley anyway). Reduce the number to 2, then add 1 Tool Retrieval and 1 Weakness Policy.

I at first went with 4 Mega Turbo for maximum consistency when trying to set up a Gallade ASAP, but I think I might cut it to 3 if I need to.

HungryHarkinian said:
Or, do whatever you like. You're a mod, your opinion is more valuable.

Uhm... If I'm asking for feedback is for a reason. Being a Moderator has nothing to do here. :p

-1 Mega Turbo
-1 Ultra Ball
-2 Wobbuffet

+2 Deoxys
+1 Pineco
+1 Forretress

I would make these changes to up the consistency of the deck. If you're goal is to get Deoxys out for draw support first turn, you can't just run 2 of it. I would also run a 3-3 line of the Forretress, considering this is your main strategy of the deck. The Wobbuffet just isn't really needed, if you wanna get rid of abilities I'd run 1 or 2 Silent Lab. Doing this will allow you to still shut of Mr.Mime, which is a big threat to your deck. Like you said, I think a Tool Retriever + Muscle Band could make this deck a bit better. It'd allow you to drop to just 2 Spirit Links, and add a bit more power to your deck. Also have you considered Mystery Energy? You could drop a few switch items in place of these.

I really would not use Deoxys. it's not going to help that much. Maybe on the slim chance that it appears as your starting basic when you go first it could maybe help you a little bit... but if your opponent decides to N then there goes those extra 2 cards.

I can't reply to each post individually when mobile, so I'll edit this post later tonight.

The 2 Deoxys is because I tried 3 and 4 already and it's not that great. However, it's a good 1 Energy attacker (assuming Valley is in play) and a very good starter to gain some draw power. I'd rather stay with those.

Now, Wobbuffet(along with Deoxys, to some point) is mainly my Safeguard answer. Not really for abilities, because I don't really care about that, but since I rack up damage with Gallade, it's a nice add.

Good to see you, Devin! Those are actually some legit changes. I think that taking out the Deoxys instead of the Wobbuffet, it can be good.

Question: I see myself decking out a lot with this deck. Thoughts about changing a D. Valley for a Trump Card?

I think taking out a Psychic energy for the trump card may be a good idea. You have Prof letter so energies shouldn't be too hard to come by in your deck.

Back