• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M-Charizard EX (GEN)

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Hi guys! I'm here in the garage to post the decklist I have created right now. I wanna give to Generations Mega Charizard-EX a shot, now that it have the Spirit Link. It's pretty simple, Volcanion for the early game, powering up benched Charizards, and 2 M-Charizard EX for the late game. Ehat do you think about? Let me know ;) Here we go!

Pokémon - 12

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 3 Charizard-EX PR-XY XY121
* 2 M Charizard-EX GEN 12
* 4 Volcanion STS 25
* 1 Hoopa-EX AOR 36

Trainer Cards - 35

* 3 Charizard Spirit Link EVO 75
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 4 Scorched Earth PRC 138
* 4 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 3 N FAC 105
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 1 Town Map BKT 150
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103

Energy - 13

* 9 Fire Energy HS 116
* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

9 Fire energy = lots of whiffing on Max Elixir, especially if you're going to be trying to have at least four of those energy on the field from volcanion power ups. I'd go with Mega Turbos instead - between Sycamore, Ultra Balls, and Scorched Earth, it's not that much harder to get more fire energy in discard per turn to use with the Megas, and if you lose a Charizard, you can use remaining Mega Turbos to just pull that energy right back onto your other Mega Charizard. That's the direction I'm trying to go with for my Evolutions M Charizard deck, in any case - I haven't been able to do much testing yet to see if my theory works or falls totally flat.

Having used mega charizard ex generations in actual tournaments, the blacksmith card is critical to the success of attacks as to flip for KO damage on EXs, you do want to get 3-5 fire energy on this god of fire for best results. This was also before spirit link when Jolteon was new and very popular.

Expanded would make M Char a lot more fun. Heat Typhoon would be great when paired with my favourite pokemon Victini, expecially the NVI print. I desperately want a competitive M Char deck. I wouldn't dare try it without Blacksmith mind you. Has anyone got a good Crimson Dive list for expanded?

Back