Luxray GL matchup

ze_draeck

I'd like to make myself believe...
If you want to test the Luxray matchup, would you play it against the Starmie and/or Quagsire GL version, or Infernape 4? Or even another version. I don't really want to make and play with all lists, just the version that will (probably) see the most play.

DawnOfXatu

XXXatu
Gallade E4+Luxray GL is the best variant that exists. It focuses heavily on careful energy attachment, and the ability for Luxray to mess up your opponents starts. Gallade just makes for a decent attacker and a pretty good spreader.

gyrasion

Aspiring Trainer
dialga g lv.x with luxray gl lv.x.
dialga g is the main attacker and luxray cleans up and helps in the infernape match up.

DawnOfXatu

XXXatu
Close but no...

You start with Luxray and Call. Then on T2 you hit the Luxray Lv.X and drag out either a Baltoy or a Uxie or one of their weaker Pokemon with a big retreat cost and hit it. After that you bring out a Gallade (Lucian's Appointment prefered) and then start swinging for the big hits.

3-1 Gallade
2-2 Luxray
2-1 Uxie
2 Honchkrow
2 Unown G

Lou Cypher

The melody of your defeat
Hmm, you have a 2 out of 11 chance (very crudely) to start with Luxray. Somehow I doubt your strategy goes off all games.

DawnOfXatu

XXXatu
Honchy more or less equals Luxray as a starter, and overall starting with a Luxray isn't the key. All you need is to T2 the Luxray Lv.X, and with Roseannes Research, SP Radar, and Cyrus' Conspiracy you shouldn't have trouble having Luxray on the first turn, and the Lv.X on the second turn. Luxray and Honchy are preferable starts, Gallade is an average start, and Uxie and Unown G are below average starts. Overall those odds are not terrible, and the game does not rely solely on the T2 Luxray. As long as you get a Luxray drop early enough to shut down opposing draw engines you should be able to work this deck effectively.