Ruling Luxray GL lvX & Manectric Pt

Emperor

???
Luxray GL LV.X - Lightning - HP110
Level-Up (SP)

Poke-Power: Shining Gaze
You can use this Power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand to Level Up a Pokemon. Choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon and switch it with your opponent's Active Pokemon.

[L][C] Flash Impact: 60 damage. Does 30 damage to 1 of your Benched Pokemon, ignoring Weakness and Resistance.

Now if i combine this with manectric Pt, would i be able to do damge to another of my bench pokemon but then use Manectric to make sure they don't get damaged?

RE: Luxury GL lvX & Manectric Pt

To my current knowledge, since Maneletric prevent damage from either your opponent's Pokemon or yours (Note that Maneletric damages your own bench with its attacks, but is ignored by the body), the damage from Luxray GL LV.X would also get cancelled by Maneletric's Body.

it is a fast combo,it fails obviously against regigigas setup,or not.

infmach said:
it is a fast combo,it fails obviously against regigigas setup,or not.

I fail to see your point. Regigigas will be attacking on T4, and by then, you should have knocked him out. They can't Sacrifice, now, can they? POWAH SPRAY! Nope, they can't. Giga's actually should fear this deck, not the other way around.

Yeah depending if you get more than two SP pokemon and a Manectric for T2,then go ahead

Regigas is way too slow to counter SP decks. Rampardos, on the other hand...

Anyway, 60 damage is nice, but I worry about the damage output. What else can you do beyond that?

That is the problem and plus power and Bucks will only go so far. what could be used as a secondary attacker though?

A swarm of Manetrics is much better than most would think for attacking, playing Luxray to start (only T2 unless you play Lv.Max) and then following with a swarm of Manetric's isn't a terrible idea. Maybe tech in a Heracross or a Scizor from the E4 section of BET to counter your Rampardos weakness.

Unless I'm mistaken, Manectric says "Excluding any Manectric", so odds are you'll have to hit your Manectric.

Yeah but i can chose what pokemon i want to do damage to. I just have to use manectric to negate that damage. Guess we'll have to wait till it's released

Lou Cypher said:
And otherwise there's always Old Amber...

LOL, Lou Cypher, that's pure genius! This would make a very interesting rogue deck, to say the least. It already counters the popular Gigas (steadily losing popularity), so that is a good sign. You could even play a tech Aerodactyl to punish powers.

PokeChamp said:
Lou Cypher said:
And otherwise there's always Old Amber...

LOL, Lou Cypher, that's pure genius! This would make a very interesting rogue deck, to say the least. It already counters the popular Gigas (steadily losing popularity), so that is a good sign. You could even play a tech Aerodactyl to punish powers.

3 people playded zapdos and old amber at the MD prrelease, it woked wonders, only thing anout this deck.
dialga G lv. X, it completeley destroys you!

Dialga GX also stops Manectric, so thats not exactly a new issue here.
Besides, why use Luxray GLX when Raichu GL can do 80 for 1?

Lou Cypher said:

Good point, Cypher. Althought this combo works wonders, it is nothing compared to Raichu GL.

PokeChamp said:
Lou Cypher said:

Good point, Cypher. Althought this combo works wonders, it is nothing compared to Raichu GL.

Main reason to use Luxray GL over Raichu GL is that the former one is not reliant on the opponent's bench size and is much more disruptive. Why not just let the benched Electrode G absorb the damage? It is meant to explode next turn anyway. Another option would be Quagsire GL. However, Electrode G is the ideal choice here.

Lou Cypher said:

under harsh conditions, yeah, but when they see raichu GL, they won't play too many benched pokemon.

Back