• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Luxchomp (Masters, CC)

AceBlade258

Avid Trader/Player
My list is pretty solid, I'm just curious to see what people think. My meta is mostly LuxChomp and G-Dos. (We had a top 8 cut once, it was one DialgaChomp, one Gyrados, One Machamp, five LuxChomp including myself. Best part: none of us SP players had a Machamp counter, so naturally the Machamp gets paired against the Gyrados.)

Anyway, my current list is:

Pokemon: 20
1 Bronzong G
1 Crobat G
2 Dragonite FB
1 Drifblim FB
2-2 Garchomp C
1 Lucario GL
2-2 Luxray GL
1 Promocroak G
1 Azelf
1 Unown Q
2-1 Uxie

T/S/St: 27
1 Aaron's Collection
2 Bebe's Search
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 Pokemon Collector
3 Energy Gain
3 Power Spray
4 Poke Turn
2 SP Radar
1 Energy Exchanger
2 Junk Arm
2 Premier Ball
1 VS Seeker

Energy: 13
4 Call Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
2 Psychic Energy
3 Lightening Energy

I think dropping one Dragonite for an Ambipom would be the best play. Having both counters is best in the mirror.

Switching to a 3-1 Luxray is best in a Gyarados-heavy meta. That way you can Bright Look three times in a row.

Think about using a 3-1 Garchomp, too. In the mirror it is best to snipe two to three times in row. With Premier Ball, you are recovering faster and hitting more often.

Hope this helps!

I actually dropped Ambipom G because Dragonite FB can be used 100% of the time, where as Ambipom G can only be used if they Dragon Rushed without an extra energy attached.

I'm reluctant to do 3-1 lines: At Charlotte, NC CC's out of 5 rounds, Blaziken FB was prized 4 games. I actually am not a fan of the 3-1 Luxray line in the G-Dos matchup, because If I'm not leveled up, Gyrados will always oneshot Luxray, but a Leveled Up Luxray requires a belt allowing me to take two prizes! I like dragon rush too much to play a 3-1 line. I've pulled four dragon rushes in a row on my 2-2 line without burning a single Poke Turn.

I like your idea's though, and I will give them a shot. My build is rather bland at the moment, huh?

The deck is good, but I think some things are desnecessary. I have some suggestions:

-1 Psy energy
-2 Junk Arm
-1 Energy Exchanger

+1-1 Drifblim UD (you don't have mewtwo/machamp counter)
+1-1 ERL/Blaze FB (in case of blaze you would have to find another space to fire energy, maybe a lightning energy)

Back