• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Luster Purge - Latios EX / Blastoise

PoisonxPoptart said:
I have no idea, damn I'll have to take that out won't I?

I got the deck list updated, going to find what I can replace with Max potion

So I checked the cuurent modified list and even though max potion is from ermerging powers pack, theres the secret max potion from plasma freeze. Is it legal to use cards from older packs as long as theres a newer version in the newer packs that are exactly the same?

Yes if the card was reprinted in a legal set you can use any version of that card as long as you follow the most recent wording (mainly catcher and rare candy)

Deck and Stradegy updated. A lot of major changes. I feel this deck has improved a lot. And alot of these suggestions have brought it to that. Thanks for proving me wrong people!

-1 Super Potion
-3 Hypnotoxic Laser
-2 Tierno
-1 Cilan
-1 Psychic Enegy

+1 N
+2 Skyla
+3 Water Energy
+1 Keldeo EX
+1 Ultra Ball

Laserbank isn't needed in this kind of deck; it only slows things down. Tierno, Cilan and Super Potion are all pretty useless in here, there's better stuff in there already. You only really need 3 Psychic, especially with the Professor's Letter, and the new cards...

Like Skyla! She totally rocks in here and you probably want 4, but 3 can work. N should be at 3, and that'll bring up consistency a lot compared to Cilan and Tierno. Keldeo and Latios can complement each other really nicely, the Latios can trap something you can't KO that turn, then you can have Keldeo Rush In and KO it without having to discard any energy, which'll help on the Psychic count. You need more energy in here, and since you can accelerate the Water, I'd say you need the extras. Ultra Ball really just adds to your consistency.

You could always take out the 4th Blastiose for something, maybe a 4th Skyla, and that could really increase consistency. You may be tempted to put another Muscle Band in, and that'd be cool as long as you don't take out any more energy.

You just need to make sure you're using the right pokemon at the right time. Keldeo is for sustainability, but Latios can put up 170 for 3 (w/Band), so it's all about picking that. The Mewtwo could also be replaced for something,aube another energy or a Professor's Letter. It is a nice card though, so I'd probably keep him around. Tell me what you think of these and then you can go from there.

I take a lot of those suggestions into effect and see how they work, I'll get back to you when I test it out more!

I can't sdd a Keldeo though, I don't have another unfortunetly

Deck updated!

Things put in: +1 Mew EX, +1 Wartortle, +1 Professor's Letter, +1 Super Rod, +1 Water Energy
Things replaced: -1 Ultra Ball, -2 Fat Cheren, - 1 Squirtle, -1 P Energy

Mew EX is pretty nice since I can use any of my pokemons move with it and it seems to be safe from a lot of 1 hit KO's from Garchomp decks.

I'm having second thought on taking out the Fat Cherens but I havn't had many problems with it, so if I start to have any problems with it I may put them back in.

Bump!

Suggestions are still welcome, it's pretty hard to change anything about this deck though, but I'm always open to try new things out with this deck!

Update: July 14th

PoisonxPoptart said:
Pokemon
  • Squirtle x3
  • Blastoise x3
  • Sigilyph x1 (Safeguard Ability)
  • Suicine x1
  • Latios EX x2
  • Keldeo EX x1
  • Mewtwo EX x1
  • Skrelp x1
  • Dragalge x1

Trainers
  • N x2
  • Professor Sycamore x3
  • Colress x2
  • Skyla x1
  • Fat Cheren (Tierno) x2
  • Energy Retrieval x2
  • Superior Energy Retreival x2
  • Max Potion x1
  • Ultra Ball x1
  • Rare Candy x4
  • Tool Scrapper x1
  • Startling Megaphone
  • Float Stone x1
  • Virbank City Gym x1
  • Pokemon Center x1
  • Scoop Up Cyclone (ACE SPEC)
  • Hypnotoxic Laser x3
  • Muscle Band x2
  • Professor's Letter x2
  • Super Rod x1
  • Pal Pad x1
  • Level Ball x1

Energy
  • Water x7
  • Physcic x3

Dragalge is in here for the main purpose of Pyroar, I have no real defense/offense against him with my other Pokemon since they're all basic and I don't prefer to have Blastoise out as my active. With Deluge like all of my other pokemon I can usually power this Pokemon up very fast when I need to. When I have Muscle Band I can buff the damage to 80, then I have the choice to use Hypnotoxic Laser if I have one or it's move Poison Breath, which I can flip a coin to poison the opposing Pokemon, I prefer Hypnotoxic laser over the move though, which then buffs my attack to 90+ and prevents my opponent from retreating, which I have found to be helpful in many situations. If I have Virbank out this buffs it even more to 110 damage which will kill Pyroar in one hit and do a good amount to most other pokemon.

I'm still looking for suggestions. The main problem I've been having is sometimes energy and sometimes draw power, since I've added more pokemon to this deck from the original Suicune, Blastoise, Latios, Keldeo. I'm trying to find things that I could afford to take out and things that I could add to maybe help these problems.

Edit: Also what are some decks I should be looking out for?

Have you play tested this deck against top tier decks?

How does your deck function with only 2 cards that can search for pokemon? Why would you ever consider running Tierno over N or even Shauna? Back when supporter based draw was limited people would always run Bianca over Cheren (Tierno does the same thing) because Bianca had the potential to draw more cards. Promoting a Blastoise to the active spot to combat Pyroar shouldn't be a problem. You should be aiming to set up 2 whenever you can so your opponent can't target it and shut you down for a couple of turns. Why run an Evolution tech for Pyroar when you already run a self powering evolution? You can't even use Dragalge for its Ability very effectively because you lack Catcher/Lysandre. Your psychic energy are precious and should generally be saved for Latios EX so you can get consecutive knockouts on your opponents EX. That is the key strength with this deck.

-1 Sigilyph
-1-1 Dragalge
-2 Tierno
-1 Pal
-1 Max Potion

+1 Mewtwo EX / Keldeo EX
+2 Ultra Ball
+2 N
+2 Switch

I never understood why you run a Suicune and a Sigilyph; are you trying to punish energy over-extension on your opponents field with Sigilyph? Is it for Yveltal EX. Either way, most decks now play a decent 2-2 of some stage 1 due to Pyroar, so 2 anti-EX cards isn't necessary. Before you try any Max Potion Shenanigans, you should focus on making your deck consistent before anything else. If you want stronger early game pressure, then go an additional for Mewtwo EX.
If you want a stronger mid-game and more fluidity on the board go with an additional Keldeo EX.
Switch because you have no way of easy retreating options outside of the single Float Stone you run, leaving you at the mercy of a Garbodor or Statling Megaphone.

Thanks for the feedback!

I have actually tested against some of the tougher decks, like the Tropical Thunder, Garchomp, Team Plasma, and others that I'm not reme,bering or don't know the name of, and I actually can consistently beat at least those 3 specific names. At this point really I'm just trying to fix errors I have that I stated before with sometimes energy.

My deck doesn't usually have a problem with finding Pokemon, although I was reluctant of taking more of my ultra balls out, yet again it hasn't be to much of a problem with my draw power.
I've always been a fan of Tierno/Cheren, the extra amount of draw power I can get with it without re-shuffling my hand is quite useful to me, I tend to have 3-6 cards in my hand anyway, I've never been in a situation were I've wished I had a bianca instead of a cheren/tierno.
This is just a personal preference for me to just not play Blastoise, just because of the retreat cost. But as you've stated if I more float stones or even switches that wouldn't be a problem.
I originally found myself playing Suicune and Sigilyph because it just fit so well with my deck considering my deck is psychic/water. Then playing against all of my friends deck (they all use Mewtwo), I've found Sigilyph to be a very useful weapon against it since weakness and all, really if I were to take any of them out it would be Suicune but the combination has never hurt my deck, and I can just load it with water energies if I need to.
The Max Potion has been in the deck for awhile and it has been of the greatest use in sticky situations, but you are right consistency first.

So I'm going to take out the Dragalge, that way I'll be able to replace with something I need, either more draw power or just 2 Ultra balls.
I'll most likely end up taking the Tierno's and Max Potion, out and putting in 2 switches and an N.

Thank you very much for the feedback and suggestions! They're all appreciated, and I'll get back to this thread once I switch the cards out and see what works best for me.

So taking Dragalge out was pretty nice, going more back to the roots of the deck is nice. I also took out the Max Potion. Unfortunately I didn't have any switches (I have no idea where all those went), so I added an Ultraball (I would of added more but yet again I have no idea where those went either). I did a couple other things to the trainers.

Trainers:
Skyla x1
Professor Sycamore x3
N x2
Colress x2
Tierno x2
Ultra Ball x2
Level Ball x1
Rare Candy x4
Energy Retrieval x2
Superior Energy Retrieval x2
Pal Pad x1
Professors Letter x3
Super Rod x1
Tool Scrapper x1
Startling Megaphone x1
Hypnotoxic Laser x3
Muscle Band x2
Float Stone x1
Scoop Up Cyclone (ASPEC)
Virbank City Gym x1
Pokemon Center x1

I tested against a Round deck, I won 4 times and lost 1 time.
Although I should add more Ultra Balls, I am really satisfied with taking out Dragalge, giving me more room to focus on my other Pokemon. Once I get some Switches I'm going to switch 2 out with Tierno and I may add another Float Stone and replace the Professors Letter I recently put in.

Well I may be going to event in a couple months so I may actually have a chance to see what this deck can do to competition other than online and my friends woo!

I would take out that Suicune and put in to bump your Latias EX count to 3.

So the switches work great in the deck, I'ts really between those or energy switches which have also worked in the deck extremely well

Update
I really decided to go back to my routes on this one, the amount of Pokemon I was adding hindered my draw power and took away the original point of this deck, it wasn't bad, but this runs a lot better without all the pokemon in it. I took out Mewtwo EX, Suicune and Sigilyph. I also took out a few other things since the rotation (including level ball, RIP).

With those taken out I was able to add draw power and other essentials I needed.

Thank you for any suggestions that where given I really appreciate it and I still would love feedback on what you think!

PoisonxPoptart said:
Pokemon
  • Squirtle x4
  • Blastoise x4
  • Latios EX x2
  • Keldeo EX x1

Trainers
  • N x2
  • Professor Sycamore x3
  • Colress x3
  • Skyla x1
  • Pal Pad x1
  • Energy Retrieval x2
  • Superior Energy Retreival x2
  • Professors Letter x3
  • Max Potion x1
  • Ultra Ball x4
  • Rare Candy x4
  • Startling Megaphone x2
  • Float Stone x1
  • Switch
  • Hypnotoxic Laser x3
  • Muscle Band x1
  • Sacred Ash x1
  • Virbank City Gym x2

Scoop Up Cyclone (ACE-SPEC)

Energy
  • Water x7
  • Physcic x3

Strategy
Update: 8/16/14
Ideal Start: Latios active, Squirtle benched
Ideal Turn 2: Rare Candy Blastoise, enough energy to Luster Purge

As a lot of decks, this is based on one hit KO's. Latios EX's Luster Purge, a lot of people would think Luster Purge isn't the greatest move to base a deck off of since you have to discard 3 energies, it does have it's ups though. It's a great against Mewtwo since it's a one hit KO that I won't have any energy on the following turn, it gives great opportunity for Max Potion and Scoop Up Cyclone which I happen to use in this deck. After a Luster Purge if my opponent does any damage (that doesn't kill me) I can do either of those without the loss of energy. I am able to one hit KO any non Mega EX with Muscle Band and Virbank Laser. I use the standard Keldeo/Float Stone to move around freely, and of course Blastoise to power my pokemon. I will use Keldeo if there's any type advantages, so it can be good against of course Charizard but the also the recent rising of Landorus. My defense against Pyroar is Blastoise. I also have a two Surprise Megaphone for Garbador.

Back