• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lurantis GX\Lugia EX\Garbodor

Skylite

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon - 15
3 Formantis (SM 14)
3 Lurantis GX (SM 15)
3 Lugia EX (AOR 94)
2 Trubbish (BKP 56)
2 Garbodor (BKP 57)
2 Shaymin EX (ROS 77)

TSS - 33

3 Professor Sycamore
2 Professor Kukui
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Pokemon Centre Lady

4 VS Seeker
3 Ultra Ball
3 Trainer's mail
3 Nest Ball
3 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Float Stone
1 Super Rod

4 Forest of Giant Plants

Energy - 12

8 Grass
4 DCE

Main idea of the deck:

This deck revolves around Lurantis GX and its first attack, that is similar to the Mega Manectric one. Plus we have Lugia EX as our main attacker and abuser of Lurantis' GX ability to attach energy from discard to pokemon you have in play.

Basially you need to set-up Lurantis GX with one energy and Lugia EX on your bench ASAP, preferably T1.

Garbodor is here for overall annoyance. Shaymin EX is self-explanatory.

Possible omissions and inclusions:

First thing that comes to mind is to sub Lugia EX for Yveltal EX. Yes, that is possible, though in this case you'll have to mix grass energy with darkness ones.

Then, you may sub PCL for 4th Sycamore or 3rd Kukui\N, but I like PCL in my Lugia EX\Yveltal EX decks. Anyway, that is debatable.

This list includes FFB, but once Choice Band is legal, we swap them.

2 Wally may help you against Decidueye GX, because it may kill your Trubbish before it even evolves to Garbodor. Though Wally screws your consistency.

Please do discuss =)

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
My suggestion for inclusion would be card(s) that would help with a T1 Garbotoxin. Should you happen to go first, get Garbodor into play, and activate Garbotoxin, that will surely cripple, IMO, most opponent's setup (especially against Volcanion decks - that could, most likely, 1HKO your Lurantis GX, without Silent Lab, Hex Maniac or Garbotoxin in play).

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Consider docking at least 2 Nest Balls for a fourth Ultra Ball as a means to discard your Grass energy, and maybe even a Hoopa EX to grab Shaymin and Lugia.

Skylite

Aspiring Trainer
My suggestion for inclusion would be card(s) that would help with a T1 Garbotoxin. Should you happen to go first, get Garbodor into play, and activate Garbotoxin, that will surely cripple, IMO, most opponent's setup (especially against Volcanion decks - that could, most likely, 1HKO your Lurantis GX, without Silent Lab, Hex Maniac or Garbotoxin in play).

Consider docking at least 2 Nest Balls for a fourth Ultra Ball as a means to discard your Grass energy, and maybe even a Hoopa EX to grab Shaymin and Lugia.

Thank you for your suggestions, I will reconstruct the deck a bit, and post you the results.

I've got a question though. Testing this deck, I noticed that I don't really need DCE with Lugia, as in the early game Lurantis supplies Lugia with enough amount of energy, and I don't really need DCE past Lugia has 4 energy attached. So, is it a good idea to dump 4 DCE for 2-3 more grass energy and one open slot for, say, 4th Ultra Ball or smth?

Last edited:

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
The DCEs provide you with the "opportunity" to attack quickly with a Lugia EX should you want to. Also, without additional switching cards, the DCEs can help pay the Retreat Cost more easily. However, given that you first need to have the G energy in your discard pile before they can be recovered and attached to your Pokémon, IMO, a 4th Ultra Ball is more important than the 4th DCE.

@Vitiel 's idea of incorporating Hoopa EX would be quite helpful too; BUT, I'd strongly suggest you also run 1 Parallel City (for -1 FoGP) in order to remove unwanted/unneeded EX Pokémon from your bench.

Lastly, as another switching and some meager healing option, would Olympia better serve you than PCL?