Discussion Lugia Fates Collide Applications?

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
So I really like the new Lugia from Fates Collide because it is reminiscent of the Bouffalant from Dragons Exalted, but I am having a tough time figuring out what deck to put it in. What does Pokebeach think?

lugia-fates-collide-300x419.jpg

-Gengar

I think at the least it's neat as a zapdos-style card for the resistance as instead of taking double from your weakness (assuming you're playing colorless/electric) you're now taking 40 less. I remember quite a few comments about how annoying it was to play against (at least in pre-release, where most people were playing fighting) and nullifying a strong energy and a muscle band (or 2 strongs etc etc) must be frustrating.

Was thinking this might be a neat little tech in a night march. With dimension valley a mew can snipe a shaymin

If Lugia is discarded can Mew still use it's attack then it would be pretty good in a lot of decks.

I think I'd partner it with Bronzong/Aegislash, since the Break is pretty similar to Dialga EX. Winona and Sky field could be awesome here too, grabbing you Shaymin or any of the Lugia Break line depending on what you need at that point in the game, and Bronzong already loves Sky Field. Maybe a defensive build with Hard charm or Assault Vest to make it even more annoying to take down?

It might actually be fun to pair with Diancie EX/Aromatisse too if you want to devote an entire deck to denying OHKOs through damage reduction

Aromatisse/Xerneas decks? The damage reduction combined with max potion could be hard to take out in one hit. And if they do, you only give up one prize.

Maybe a tech for MegaMan?

Megaman hit 110 with energy acceleration, while Lugia has one more energy cost and hit 10 more only on EX. Agree with danceking1711 Metal Lugia like Lugia break/Bronzong (PHF)/ Aegislash EX seems to be great

Back