News 'Lucario-GX Box' in February!

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Cantankerous? Who even uses that word anymore?

The first attack is good if paired with the right cards, though.

Corgimaster

Card Faker, Image Maker, Competitive TCG player!
Well, at least the art is nice. Well, maybe this could be a against Espeon EX in Fighting decks, or work with Fates Collide Lucario w/ Drampa GX.

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
that first attack could be used by a combo of devolving/putting in hand, dropping riolu, then dropping Lucario on it next turn to pick up some OHKOs, but its still not that good. If he was metal he actually might have been decent with all the metal support, but now i think hes just utter garbage.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
I could see a fun deck here with abuse of devolution spray and only a handful of energies required.

uncleyuri

~
This card is pretty good. Think the strategy used with Golisopod for this. Acerola, bring up Riolu and evolving back up. You get the benefit of strong energy as well. If zoroark stays popular this will certainly see a lot of play. Also how is the GX attack being overlooked??? This isn't Taurus with a FFB you can field blower off. In a world of 2hkos this could be a huge problem to deal with.

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
i think your underestimating that this card isnt that good, the card was designed to be sold to people, not be used in a strategy, most cards that came out in these elite boxes are rarely good, or used.

That is pretty untrue, see: NewGaleo is in a box, Espeon GX, decidueye GX, Zoroark GX, etc all in boxes

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
i think your underestimating that this card isnt that good, the card was designed to be sold to people, not be used in a strategy, most cards that came out in these elite boxes are rarely good, or used.

So the Zoroark GX box doesn't have a competitive card or isn't used? Or the Ultra Beast boxes with Buzzwole GX, Xurkitree GX, and Celesteela GX? Or the Silvally GX one?

And those are just the ones that have been released recently.

Lycancario12

Aspiring Trainer
Could be a tech in the new Garchomp deck coming out of the new Ultra Prism set coming in February. Plus, it can be searched out by Lucario in that deck( as long as a copy of a Garchomp card is in play)

Yen

Aspiring Trainer
So the first attack is the one everyone is fixated upon. To make full use of the attack though, it requires a constant stream of Devo spray, energy attachment and more importantly a way to switch Lucarios and recycle them. It sounds like a Golisopod deck but with extra steps. Still i guess in the fighting-friendly meta, not to mention their support for increasing damage, it is worth considering.

Also the GX attack at a Double colourless means it has some flexibility in decks

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Lucario GX has a real nice first attack but it can be difficult to continiously reuse Acerola to make use of it. Cynthia decks could accomplish this aim but would rather attack with Garchomp to achieve a ohko. Zoroark decks would be another option to spam Acerola and reuse Lucario GX for the first attack. This leads to the question on how well 2hko decks will be positioned in the format once SM5 is released. The GX attack is nice too but also assumes that Lucario GX is not knocked out in one hit.

PandaPokemon

Aspiring Trainer
Looks like Corkscrew Beatdown to me.

Also, this card is extremely disappointing.

Yeah, this card is much like Taurus GX’s. I find that his first attack is much like Golispod GX’s, except the extra damage is caused by evolution. so the extra damage can only be used once. A pretty meh card overall. I was hoping for more from Pokémon. Basically a Tauros GX mixed with Golispod GX. Very meh.

PandaPokemon

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, this card is much like Taurus GX’s. I find that his first attack is much like Golispod GX’s, except the extra damage is caused by evolution. so the extra damage can only be used once. A pretty meh card overall. I was hoping for more from Pokémon. Basically a Tauros GX mixed with Golispod GX. Very meh.

Sorry for the typo on the first Tauros.

Lycancario12

Aspiring Trainer
This card can pretty much knock anything at anytime. Damage potential is here with this card. The first attack is broken as the only drawback with the attack is that, it is an attack that does huge damage upon its evolution. But, the card does not say that the evolution has to be from your hand. You could use a Wally Supporter card to get this card out turn 1 and you could potentially use a evo soda card to get this card out turn 2. This card looks to be an amazing card, that just might be worth a try in any fighting deck as at least 1- 1 line with Riolu. It is that great

SoulDevourerDZ

Aspiring Trainer
Late to the party, but man a lot of people here are seriously underestimated ma boi Lucario. Sure it's not the best GX out there, but damn if he ain't hitting hard. Having multiple Riolu's is key here, and he only needs 1 emergy. Acerola getting you back 1 Lucario GX and the needed energy for same turn attack. 130 2nd attack isn't great, but still not bad. Also you can bump those numbers up pretty easily. GX attack is great too. Makes your opponent need to one shot my dude here, and it ain't easy except with weakness. Definitely maxing out on these and going to build a different fun deck other than Metal. Which ALMOST EVERYBODY will play.

GeniDude

Lucario-trainer
I`m really hyped for this, Lucario is my favorite Pokèmon! Where is the best place to order this online?