• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lucario EX / Machamp (Furious Fists)

TheCodyHope

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 4x Machop
    1x Machoke
    4x Machamp
    4x Lucario EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4x Korrina
    4x Rare Candy
    4x N
    4x Scyamore
    2x Switch
    2x Lysandre
    2x Startling Megaphone
    2x Muscle Band
    2x Fighting Stadium
    2x Pokemon Fan Club
Energy:

• 8x Fighting Energy
    4x Strong Energy

Strategy:
Just a prototype right now, not even a full 60 cards because I'm not quite sure what to put in that would be the most effective. Debating on maybe M Lucario.

But the Strategy is to use Machamps ability to power up Lucario Ex along with the Stadium and Strong Energy. Using Machamp as a back-up in case of no more Lucarios. Would absolutely love some input!

RE: Lucario EX/Machamp Furious Fists.

Hi TheCodyHope,

Nice deck choice. There are several means to make a deck focused on Lucario Ex. The stage two evolution version still is nice albeit slower than the others. The energies are perfect but I would alter the trainers a little.

Trainers:
Pokémon Fan Club does not seem to be needed in this deck since Korrina can do the same and is more versatile. Include two Ultra Ball instead. Also run one more Muscle Band since damage acceleration is the win condition of this deck. Would also include two Pal Pad to retrieve lost supporters since Korrina and N are the true stars of this deck. Run the classic Scramble Switch combo with two Max Potion to conserve resources and keep the main attackers alive. A tech Professor's Letter and Escape Rope would be nice too to obtain energies when needed with Korrina and have a fourth Switch and third gust card in the deck.

Trainer (34):
4 Professor Scyamore
1 Lysandre
4 Korrian
4 N
2 Startling Megaphone
1 Professor's Letter
1 Sramble Switch
1 Escape Rope
3 Muscle Band
3 Rare Candy
2 Max Potion
2 Ultra Ball
2 Pal Pad
2 Switch
2 Fighting Stadium

Would like to fit one more draw trainer or one tech Random Receiver but could not find a means to do so thus far.

Pokémon:
Four of the two main Pokémon seem to be zoo much. Run three each and include 2-3 Landorus Ex and 2-3 Landorus. The former can hit the bench with his first attack and ohko with the second attack while the second one provides needed energy acceleration. Going down to three Machamp will also allow you to loose 1 Rare Candy. If Landorus Ex is rotate out run Skunkfish instead. He also hits the bench but is less viable than Landorus Ex.

Pokémon (14):
3 Landorus Ex
3 Lucario Ex
2 Landorus
3 Machamp
3 Machop

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Hello Dark Espeon!

I really like the changes and I think most of them will work really well!

Just a couple of questions/concerns. Assuming Landorus Ex gets rotated I replace it with what exactly? Skunkfish? Was it a typo for Stunfish or is this a combo I'm unaware of. Sorry for not really knowing :p

Would M Lucario Ex be able to find its way into the deck? I know Mege Evos haven't been super good in the TCG but I'm kinda liking what M Lucario could do.

Should I even consider using Machamp as an attacker? He only has one attack and it's 3 energy (1/4th of the total energy in the deck) He wouldn't be a main attacker, but I'm not sure if he's worth considering. He could be Catchered or Lysandered up, and it might be a good idea to make him no so helpless.

Would Focus Sash be worth looking at? Being able to prevent a knockout for 1 more turn couldn't be a bad idea.

And finally, how do you think this deck will stack up to the other competitive decks out there? How would I go about countering a Garbodor? Sorry for coming off so needy, but it's my first time building a deck, and I'm still trying to get into the swing of things.

Hi TheCodyHope,

No problem. I am testing different Lucario decks at the moment too. If Boundaries Crossed is rotated out use Skunkfish from Legendary Treasures instead. However there are reasons to believe that Boundaries Crossed will not be rotated out. There is a topic on it on the forum and I also advanced two arguments in my own Lucario deck list in this forum.

I use M Lucario Ex in the third Lucario variant I am testing at the moment since the deck needs a Pyroar counter and sometimes also needs to hit a little harder because it does not run Machamp. In the Machamp variant he usually acts as a bench sitter and only attacks when the deck needs to handle Pyroar. Due to Machamp I do not run any M Lucario Ex in that built.

Focus Sash is nice but deck space is limited. This is particularly true for the built including Machamp. Furthermore it is a passive card and opponents can use Megaphone to discard it before koing the Pokémon it was attached to.

Still unsure on how the deck stands against other decks. One common finding on all three variants I test at the moment is that Korrina and Lucario really make [F] decks incredible consistent. If you find room to tech something intothe trainers I would consider 1-2 Random Receivers since none of the supporters you draw with that card is a dead card. That is about the only card I miss in the Machamp variant.

When I saw the scans for Rising Fist, I immediately began to think of an idea for Lucario/Machamp. The biggest problem with only using those two I've found is Machamp, which hurts because he's one of my favorite Pokemon. His attack costs too much energy even with some form of energy acceleration (Landorus from Rising Fist is what I used) and if he's captured/Lysandre'ed into the active spot, he's a sitting duck if you can't find a switch. With all of this said, I've opted for Lucario/M Lucario/Landorus. Now, if someone makes a great Lucario/Machamp deck, I'm switching back, which is why I am taking such an interest in this thread.

I agree with a lot to most of what Dark Espeon has said in this thread. I personally think that if Landorus EX gets rotated out, that Stunfisk is not a replacement. Of course, I suppose it's all really a matter of preference. I do agree that Machamp should only be used as an attacker if going up against a Pyroar deck. Finally, you could possibly try out a couple of Focus Sashes, because it can be a real life saver. Depending on the kind of person you are facing up against, they may use their Megaphones to get rid of your Muscle Bands, so late game you could attach Focus Sash. If using that kind of strategy, be careful of underestimating their Megaphone count and of Dowsing Machine.

Hi Koga7737,

I agree that Stunfisk is not a good replacement since he does 10 less to the bench and also does not have the staying-power of Landorus Ex but it is the best I could come up with as a replacement since [F] decks will need the bench damage to succeed.

I personally prefer Max Potion over Focus Sash since it also combos with all the Switch and Gust cards you want to have in this deck. The switch cards are even more important in the Machamp built since he is in essence a bench sitter and should not be used to attack due to his attack cost.

The main issue with the Machamp version I had was deck space. The two tech Random receivers really make the deck so much more consistent combined with Pal Pad and the decks reliance on Korrina. However, it is hard to fit them into the deck when you also want to run Max Potion to assist Landorus Ex and to have better odds versus TDK. One option that I am considering is to run a smaller Machamp line to make room for the needed trainers. In essence 1-2 benched Machamp will suffice if the cards can be searched out consistently. The revised list could look like this (modifications in italics):

Pokémon (12):
3 Landorus Ex
3 Lucario Ex
2 Landorus
2 Machamp
2 Machop

Trainer (36):
4 Professor Scyamore
1 Lysandre
4 Korrian
4 N
2 Startling Megaphone
2 Random Receiver
1 Professor's Letter
1 Sramble Switch
1 Escape Rope
3 Muscle Band
2 Rare Candy
2 Max Potion
2 Ultra Ball
2 Pal Pad
2 Switch
3 Fighting Stadium

What are your thoughts on this issue?

The wonderful thing about Machamp is that it really helps the deck, but isn't essential, so I think that 2-2 could work. If for some reason two Machops or Machamps are stuck in the prize cards, it doesn't hurt the deck so much. I think 3 Fighting Stadium is the right choice, and Random Receiver is such a great card in this deck. I'd argue to drop one N and add another Lysandre. Fighting decks tend to draw prizes pretty nicely, and another chance to choose who to pick off can be valuable. I'm wondering how often the regular Landorus is going to be used and if it is feasible to only use one instead of two.

Back