• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard LOT Tangrowth/ Grass Toolbox

askpak

Aspiring Trainer
Hello.

I recently build a Tangrowth deck that actually works decently well. It seems pretty consistent so far, but I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to improve it.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 2 Combee LOT 31
* 2 Heracross LOT 18
* 2 Shaymin LOT 33
* 3 Tangela BUS 7
* 2 Treecko LOT 20
* 2 Grovyle LOT 21
* 3 Tangrowth LOT 2
* 2 Vespiquen LOT 32
* 2 Sceptile CES 10

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 2 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 1 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 2 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 1 Po Town BUS 121
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 113
* 1 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Energy Retrieval SUM 116
* 1 Life Forest {*} LOT 180

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 6 Grass Energy Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The main attacker is Tangrowth. If possible I try to get Po Town set up early game, and evolve my tangelas. Later I play down life forest for a nice healing every turn. Every turn I heal with Shaymin and hit for 160-190 depending on if I get a choice band. Grovyle helps set up in the early game, and pulls out key pokemon. Once it evolves it helps counter against some of the big decks (Blacephelon, Buzz, Necrozma etc). Heracross and Vespiquen are extra attackers.

I could probably use some shrines.

Last edited:
I’d go for more Po Town, less Vespiquen, and what even are the Vespiquen and Sceptile lines doing in here anyway?

Thanks. Yeah I rarely end up using the Vespiquen line, i'll switch them out,.

As for the Sceptile lines, they serve two purposes. The Grovyle's help pull out Pokemon quickly and set up early game. The sceptiles help with Ultras and are a secondary attacker. Heracross becomes useless without sceptile as well, what would you suggest I replace the extra 8 spots with?

Thanks. Yeah I rarely end up using the Vespiquen line, i'll switch them out,.

As for the Sceptile lines, they serve two purposes. The Grovyle's help pull out Pokemon quickly and set up early game. The sceptiles help with Ultras and are a secondary attacker. Heracross becomes useless without sceptile as well, what would you suggest I replace the extra 8 spots with?
2 Po Town, 2 Energy Loto, 4 Acro Bike.

Back