• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lostgar HGSS on

adamisclassy

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon

Mew Prime x4
Gengar Prime x4
Haunter Tr x2
Gastly x4
Magnezone Prime x2
Magneton Tr x1
Magnemite Tr x2
Spiritomb Tr x2

total:21

Trainers

Seeker x3
Twins x4
Pokemon Collector x3
Professor Elms x3
Flowershop Lady x1
Rare Candy x4
Pokemon Communication x4
Switch x1
Alph Litograph 4 (look at your prizes) x1
Lostworld x3

Total:27

Energy

Psychic x8
Rainbow x4

total: 12

Reasons behind [some] cards

Mew Prime: Mew works as my lead, as well as a good lost zoner if I can't get a gengar up right away. Can also abuse rainbow energy to do damage with low energy opponents attacks to set up gengar for KOs

Gengar Prime: I run 4 so I can lost zone 1 and essentially have a 3-2-3 line

Magnezone: Draw Power and can put some damage on big stages 2s so that Gengar can KO. Switch is for him too.

Spiritomb: Make opponents draw pokemon and disrupt

Mr. Mime: See opponents hand, relieve stress.

Rainbow Energy: Fuel Magnezone without hurting energy for gengar. Also lets mew do some cool stuff in a pinch.

Any imput would be greatly appreciated. Right now, with limited testing, I have felt that the energy is maybe a little light and occasionally hitting lost world late game can be hard but deck is overall keeping up with/beating other HGSS on decks it has played

Sleeping Snorlax

Aspiring Trainer
lol thanks, I kinda figured you meant that one, I just wanted to be sure before I really said anything. I think you may want to take a candy out. Since the new rule will make the candies to were the pokemon would have to have been able to evolve anyways 4 would be too much IMO. I would add a third Spiritomb to help with consistency on starting with one. or if you only want two spiritomb add a third lost world to help you draw it when you need to. or a fourth communication to help with set up when spiritomb isn't active. That's all i can see. Good luck

adamisclassy

Aspiring Trainer
Sleeping Snorlax said:
lol thanks, I kinda figured you meant that one, I just wanted to be sure before I really said anything. I think you may want to take a candy out. Since the new rule will make the candies to were the pokemon would have to have been able to evolve anyways 4 would be too much IMO. I would add a third Spiritomb to help with consistency on starting with one. or if you only want two spiritomb add a third lost world to help you draw it when you need to. or a fourth communication to help with set up when spiritomb isn't active. That's all i can see. Good luck

The candy is probably something I will change. The spiritomb are triumphant though, not arceus. Since this deck is an HGSS on spiritomb ar (as well as sabeleye? ...sableye? ...the only other ghost/dark pokemon) is not an option.

Sleeping Snorlax

Aspiring Trainer
lol i missed that about spiritomb. Then i would add a third LZ or communication. Just to help with the deck. Good luck (sorry about my mind skipping the arceus Spiritomb lol

The Yoshi

Wumbo
Your Gengar line should be 4-3-4, so you'll need to add one Gastly and one Haunter. Take out 2 Mew Prime for it, since it is usually used late game. Magnezone Prime is just another Stage 2 that takes up space. I would honestly remove it for another LW, a Mime Jr. from CoL, and a 1-1 line of Slowking HGSS. It's just my opinion, but you may need more than Gengar's HID to get Pokemon into the LZ. Mime Jr. + Slowking HS can go for a LZ'ing and a bad draw. Just my opinion.

Hope I helped.

Gengar_is_Pwnage

Happy 20th Sonic (Since '91)
My sugestions are as such:

-2 Switch
+1 Haunter TR
+1 Ghastly TR

Even thought you MAY be able to LZ A Gengar the whole point of this deck is to LZ using Gengar. Switch I dont see much of a point in. So to max out your Ghastly and Gengar is crucial here.

-2 Spiritomb TR
+2 Judge

Even though hand disrupton is great, I've found Spiritomb TR has given opponents better hands as opposed to worse. Judge can only let your opponent draw 4 (let alone the draw back is you also draw four). You could use two more Judge in here, but I think looking at the hand and using Judge is the better way to go. Those Tombs can be sniped easily, even in the next format (which personally I think will be RR on). Even if it is HGSS on, ERL will be a threat.

The Yoshi

Wumbo
^Spiritomb TM doesn't waste a Supporter, is a Basic(searched out by Collector), and drawing more is the point if you want to LZ more Pokemon.

adamisclassy

Aspiring Trainer
Added

+1 Gastly Triumphant
+1 Haunter Triumphant
+1 Lost World
+1 Psychic Energy (Felt a little light when I wanted to curse drop for KO)

Taken Out

-1 Switch (Can usually twins for one if magnezone gets stuck active)
-1 Twins
-1 Rare Candy (Added a haunter/rare candy is weak sauce
-1 Judge (from my experience no one ever draws a pokemon when you need them to with judge

Tiftonhotchild

The one and Only....
if you decided to run two stage twos you will need rescue energy you can not afford to have any of those Pokemon koed. Also i wouldn't run any single pokemon with the lost of azelf you would be screwed if that mr mime get prized. if you want to keep the 1 mime in what you can do is use the rotom from UD with the combo of alpha four. I would still suggest either 2 alpha or 2 mimes

20-rotom.jpg

adamisclassy

Aspiring Trainer
OK I play tested and I ran into consistency problems which I didn't have before.

-1 Mr. Mime (I have decided he doesn't actually help me. He just relieves stress before I hurl into darkness and takes up bench space)
-1 psychic energy (I had enough before)
-1 Seeker (3 is plenty)
-1 Haunter (keeping gastly for now though)

+1 Twins
+1 Rare Candy
+1 Communication
+1 Elms