• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

LostCurseGar CC's (masters)

Honch_King

King of Murkrows
I normally run luxchomp, but decided to try something else:

1 gengarx
2 gengar prime
1 gengar (curse)
3 haunter
4 gastly
4 spiritomb
1 manectric
1 electrike
2 uxie
1 azelf
1 unown q

8 psychic
4 call
2 warp

4 collector
4 bebe
1 luxury
3 BTS
4 rare candy
1 palmers
2 twins
3 expert belt
1 cynthia’s feelings
2 PONT

The idea is to use spiritomb to get out a gnegar prime and cursegar.power up the cursegar. Let them kill the spiritomb or warp it to bring up cursegar.use shadow skipto put damage to knock them out and switch to gengar prime so when they die they go to the lost zone.

In my opinion, the best way to run Gengar is to play Vilegar. If you're not running Vilegar, then you need to run LostGar (which is WAY HARDER!)
First off, Vilegar is an incredible beginner deck. I highly recommend every beginner to try and get all the parts and pieces. The hardest thing to find is the SF Gengar (which is the most important part of the deck, equal in importance with Vileplume).

Gengar 4-3-3-1 (SF Gast, SF Haunt, SF Geng, AR Geng)
Vileplume UD 2-2-2
Uxie LA 2-1 (or x3) (or X2)
Unown Q MD x1

See if you can make it happen. It is a fun deck to play, and it's so FRUSTRATING TO LOSE TO!

Back